.

We Are Dong Bang Shin Ki

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5khaX-8IV4 DBSK- Holding Back The Tears

=====================

Eight years.

It’s been eight years since the day the legendary band Dongbangshinki was known to the world.

But it’s been two years since every thing began to fall apart.

Yunho woke up early as usual; being the leader and all. As soon as he did his daily routines he went to check up on his dongsaeng, Changmin. Changmin was still sleeping in his room which was no surprise. His lips curved in a small smile, something that was rare to be witness now.

“Happy Anniversary Changmin-ah” he whispered then left the dorm to get to the SM building. No doubt there would be work to do, even on this day. Even if they were celebrating, it would feel weird to be celebrating eight years of DBSK. It wasn’t really eight years with Yunho and Changmin.

 

Only an hour later was when Changmin wake up. He looked at his phone to check the time. His flashed over the date. ‘It’s that day’ he thought.

He frowned lightly. Today was his day off. He knew Yunho wouldn’t be able to stay away from the SM building. In all honesty, Changmin didn’t blame him.

He went to make himself some breakfast, noting how quiet the dorm was. It wouldn’t have been like that if all the hyungs were here.

Changmin got up from his seat in the kitchen and walked through the corridors. He remembered how he and his hyungs would share the bedrooms together.  He paused in the doorway of one of the bedrooms and looked in. He suddenly pictured Jaejoong, he and Yoochun wrestling it out on the bed. A bitter smile appeared on his face.

He reminisced Jaejoong’s cooking and then how he would always be called a bottomless pit of a stomach by them for stuffing his face too much.

He looked back into the living room. It felt so dead now. Before, he and Junsu would play video games whenever they had the day off. Changmin sat down on the sofa and looked at the TV. He picked up the controller for the game box. His bottom lip trembled as he thought of the countless of times he would beat his hyung’s in almost every game. And then how Junsu used to go whining off to the leader.

He gave out a small chuckle. Back then, they used to be so childish. It was a surprise to him to feel a single tear fall from his eyes and drop onto the controller.

Changmin wished that he could have it all back. He didn’t care for the fame; just to have the five of them in the same room being the way it was over two years ago.

 

 

Jaejoong, Junsu and Yoochun had gathered in the living room and were all sprawled over the sofas. There was a silence between them all.

They hadn’t spoken since they all woke up; maybe just some light small talk but that was it.

However they didn’t need to speak to know what the other was thinking about. Eight years is a long time.

Jaejoong looked up at the ceiling. He wondered how Yunho and Changmin were doing. He thought of how their fans loved, well still love the couple YunJae. It was painful to lose a Yunho and Changmin in such a way; they were supposed to best friends, brothers in fact.

Yoochun got up, catching the attention of the other two, “Let’s not mope about today. Let’s go out and get some lunch yeah?” he suggested.

Junsu was grateful to how he was trying to make them three feel better; grateful that maybe lunch would take his mind off of everything.

 

 

Yunho returned to the dorm. He found Changmin sitting on the sofa, trying to play Tekken. There was another controller on the table beside him. He sighed, knowing Changmin was thinking about the other three.

He sat down beside Changmin and grabbed the controller, “So what are we playing Changmin?”

He smiled at the maknae, making an effort for him. In return Changmin did the same, “Don’t really know. I just press the buttons like crazy and hope for the best.” He sheepishly said.

Yunho laughed a little, “Ah, come on then. Get ready for me to kick your ”

After a good hour of playing, Changmin had declared he was hungry. The two men had decided to go out to eat, at their favourite restaurant.

They arrived and greeted the staff politely as they were directed to their seats.

On their way, three familiar figures were coming their way, heading for the exit.

Changmin and Yunho’s face lit up as they recognised each other. Same with Jaejoong, Yoochun and Junsu. It was what Changmin wanted, five of them in the same room.

But it was awkward. Neither party knew what to do.

What would they say? How would they greet each other, as strangers or friends?

The men eventually walked past each other, with every member trying to keep their eyes forward but would always seem to return back to their ex-band mates.

JYJ left the restaurant, trying hard not to look back and Yunho and Changmin.

DBSK sat down in their seats. Silence engulfed the atmosphere. Yunho and Changmin kept their shades on as they were approached by the waiter. They couldn’t show their pain stricken faces. The media would be overly nosey then.

 

As JYJ and DBSK continued with their day, they silently prayed, just like every other seven million Cassiopeia. They prayed to God that someday, DBSK would comeback as five.

 

 

 

♥ AKTF ♥