Episode Pilot

A Trip Down Memory Lane

Date: October 16, 2020.

Where: Your company’s building

Time: 8:00 AM

 

It is early in the morning when you get out of your big celebrity van. You gazed up at the giant building in front of you and wondered what the interview would be like that the CEO had personally messaged you about. Sipping your coffee, you started to walk into the building and greet the friendly receptionist.

“Hello, my name is (Y/N) and I have an appointment with SBS in the conference room #1.” The receptionist smiled and said, “Of course (Y/N), the CEO is waiting in the next room to you.” You bowed and made your way to where the CEO was waiting for you.

The CEO offered his hand and you shook it. “(Y/N)! I’m so glad that you could make it.” You smiled, “Likewise CEO-nim! What kind of interview is this that made you yourself come down to my lowly self?” He laughed and winked, “It’s a secret.” You nodded, used to this due to the fact that you have been invited on Running Man numerous times. (Running Man is a Korean variety show that is often unscripted, so you don’t know what would happen). While following the CEO to the conference room, many of your co-workers saw you and greeted you in awe while bowing down. You greeted them back with a “Good Morning” and continued down the hall until you reached conference room #1.

Inside, there was just one camera and a man sitting at a long table. You quickly bowed and introduced yourself to the man who you assume to be the one to interview you. Smiling, he rose and introduced himself as Kim Sung Hee the representative from SBS.

“You are probably wondering why we have suddenly decided to ask you for an interview” He grinned. After seeing you nodding your head, he pulled out his laptop. “This is hidden from the public for now, so my company and I would appreciate it if you would keep this a secret for now.” He clicked on a few buttons and opened a slide show. “This is called the “MemoirX”, it is a device in which renders you asleep and accesses your memories which will be playing on a screen, so it’ll be watching your memories like a movie. We are planning on using it for a new reality show to showcase stories from successful people about their rise to stardom.” After explaining the other functions and how it works, your CEO presented you with a contract drafted by SBS.

[Dialogue]

   CEO: This technology is top secret for now, until the releasing of the show. However, if you choose to deny to participate in the show, you must be silent about the technology.

   You: Yes, I understand the importance of the secrecy about the “MemoirX” [turns to manager] Oppa, do I have space in my schedule to do this?

   Manager: Yes (Y/N), you schedule for this month is to be cleared if you accept this interview. I recommend that you do this, it’ll be beneficial by creating future job opportunities for you.

   You: Alright, this sounds fun! I will participate in the interview. [Signs contract]

   Kim Sung Hee: Perfect! Please come to my company tomorrow morning at 10!

   You: I will see you there sunbae!

 

[The Next Day

Date: October 17. 2020

Where: Kim Sung Hee's Company Building

When: 10 AM

You are extremely nervous about releasing your past towards the public, but you knew it was just part of your job. After hitting your cheeks and calming yourself down, you made your way to the room in which the MemoirX is located in.

The room wasn't very big, but it also wasn't too small. Inside the room, there is a big prism that is shaped to be like a bed. At the spot where a pillow would be at, there is a headrest with a helmet that has a bunch of wires attached to it. At the foot of the bed, there is a 144" TV, and the screen is currently black which meant that it wasn't on. On the bed's right side, there was a camera with a chair in front of it. You figured out that is where Kim Sung Hee will be sitting and commenting while he and the viewers watch the footage which will be streamed directly from your memories.

Kim Sung Hee greets you and explains the long and boring procedure. He went on for an hour and you eventually started to space off and think about your past. Especially about him. You really missed him and your friends, but you never had the time to hang out with them and that eventually made you guys drift apart. Who was "him"? He was a guy that you had cared a lot for... He was your everything.

"(Y/N)?" You immediately jerk back to reality, flustered. Kim Sung Hee looks at you worriedly, "You don't have to do this interview you know" 

Shaking your head, you firmly push thoughts aside. "No, it's fine. This interview made me reminisce about some things in my past." You gave him a small smile and a nodded slighty to let him know that you are ready to move on to the next step. 

After 30 minutes of pep talk and preparation, you laid yourself securely into a metallic box called the "Mem". The director motioned to you and Kim Sung Hee that the show was about to go live. Cameras started rolling and Kim Sung Hee put on his best news anchor voice.

[Dialogue]

   Kim Sung Hee: Hello everyone! This is the pilot of Travelling Memories and I am your host, Kim Sung Hee! For the first season, we will be accompanied by the supermodel (Y/N). 

  You: Hello! I am (Y/N) and I am currently a supermodel working with [company's name] (A/N: your company's name is a secret for now hehe).

   [After 10 minutes of talking about you and your occupation]

   Kim Sung Hee: Are you ready to experience the MemoirX (Y/N)? It is time to go explore the past through your memories! And maybe recover any lost feelings or regrets.

   You: -look confused and turn to Kim Sung Hee because that last line wasn't included in the original script- U-Um what... did you... (you fell asleep before asking Kim Sung Hee for clarification about what he said)

   -cue theme song as they put you to sleep-

[End of Dialogue]

You fell asleep and began enter memory land... 

 

A/N: ASLDKFALJD I AM FINALLY DONE UGHGH. I HOPE YOU ALL LIKE IT HEHEH<3