pink sweater and plaid shirt

"you look so ing pretty"

 

Song: I Wanna Go - Yuna


❀ ✿ ❁ ✾ ✽ ❃ ❋❀ ✿ ❁ ✾ ✽ ❃ ❋❀ ✿ ❁ ✾ ✽ ❃ ❋❀ ✿ ❁ ✾ 


Small pink and white lilies intertwined to a green wire with fake leaves in between, or purple roses on a wood like twine and fake butterflies tucked in random places. Jongin held both up, placing the purple one on his head, then the pink one. Nope, he was still stumped. 

"Are you ready yet?" The deep voice of his boyfriend came through the door, and Jongin gave both the flower crowns one last decisive glance, before bringing the pink one and placing it on his head on the way to the hall. This flower crown looked better with the nose to cheek blush and cranberry eyelids he had today anyway. He grinned at his reflection on the sliding door, turning to Kyungsoo with that grin intact. "How do I look?"

"Hm?" Kyungsoo hummed, barely even looking at Jongin. "Great."

Jongin felt his right eye twitch, but he dismissed it. He knew his boyfriend was a busy man, being an executive producer to a well known talkshow was not an easy job. Hell, the fact that he had time to meet Jongin was a feat in itself. So Jongin swallowed the annoyance down, choosing to open his Snapchat app and taking a picture of himself, admiring the cherry gradient lips he did today as well. He captioned it with some pink flower emojis before grabbing his donut clutch from the coffee table. "Ready?"

Kyungsoo nodded, finally looking up from his phone and stopping short. His eyes wandered from the white sneakers with holographic strips at the sides, to the flower embroidered jeans, to the pink sweater that swallowed Jongin's hands, up to the flower crown and makeup look. Jongin felt his pride bloom a little as Kyungsoo kissed the tip of his nose, eyes never leaving his face. "You look so soft and pretty today, what's the occasion?"

"Hm, I don't know," Jongin pretended to ponder, locking the apartment door before heading for the lift lobby. "You?"

Kyungsoo shook his head, but Jongin didn't miss the small smile on his lips. He lifted his phone, whispering a 'hold still' to Kyungsoo before snapping a picture. This is what he liked to do the most, collecting pictures of Kyungsoo and keeping them for his obligatory post later on. 

A hand laced itself with his when they reached the train station. Jongin smiled down at the floor, tightening the grip and leaning on his boyfriend slightly. "I've missed you, you know."

Kyungsoo looked at Jongin, bringing their hands up and kissing his knuckles. "I've missed you so much too."

He leaned his head on the other's shoulder, staring at the platform and the yellow lines. The smell of Kyungsoo's cologne wafted in the air and Jongin's heart warmed at the scent. He whispered, something he had always thought when he was deep in his blankets and the world seemed too big for his feet, when he felt like he was merely floating- Kyungsoo kept him grounded, tugging on his hand and telling him that what he does is okay, that he's fine like this even if his parents disapprove. "I'm so lucky to have you."

Kyungsoo chuckled, quietly. "I only feel the same way."

 

 

 

 

The park was beautiful this time of the year, the trees taking a warm orange shade at the bottom-most part but staying green at the top. Jongin sat on a bench, scrunching a leaf in the process and passing his floral-cased phone to Kyungsoo. "Take a picture."

His boyfriend rolled his eyes, but he's used to this by now. Kyungsoo crouched and Jongin made it a point not to look at the camera, but at the ground instead. Kyungsoo took a picture, before joining him on the bench, staring up at trees. 

He looked immensely breathtaking, his neck stretched and showcasing that gorgeous pale skin, cheeks flushed and his cute nose scrunched when a leaf dropped on it. Kyungsoo went cross-eyed, and Jongin took a picture, grinning as he helped push away the leaf. 

Sitting on the bench reminded him of how they met. When Jongin was way younger, almost seventeen. Kyungsoo had asked him out on a date, and somehow the park near their school was his ideal location. Jongin had been confused at first (he had only agreed to the date because he was curious), but when Kyungsoo came with a picnic basket, he realised what they were about to do.

Younger Kyungsoo had been really flustered, trembling fingers, shaky voice and super red cheeks. It made Jongin coo back then, eating on his sandwich silently while staring at the older male. 

He had grabbed a random flower he found lying near their mat and tucked it on his ear. It had always made people uncomfortable- how Jongin embraced florals, pinks, fashion- he didn't understand it, but it worked to his advantage somehow. 

Now he'll be using it against Kyungsoo, just to see exactly how accepting and open-minded Kyungsoo was.

And he was surprised. Pleasantly.

The older male had stared at him for a long time, only awakened from his stupor when Jongin tapped him on his lap. It had been a good date so far, this was only the last step.

 Jongin didn't even get a chance to say anything. Kyungsoo was already opening his mouth, eyes shining. "You look so ing pretty."

And it seemed to be something that was not planned at all, a short circuit in Kyungsoo's brain, because the red in his cheeks only intensified and his whole face was now going tomato. 

Cute, Jongin thought, a smile quirking at his lip corners. Kyungsoo gripped the fabric of his school pants tightly, looking down and speaking quickly. "I didn't mean to swear, but you really are very beautiful. I don't mean to sound like a creep or anything, but I just really like how you embrace yourself and let it showcase on your body. I-"

Kyungsoo went silent, the surrounding was suddenly quiet as well. Jongin held his breath, eyes wide as he stared at the other male, fingers on the flower by his ear. Kyungsoo gulped, looking up. "I really, really like you."

That small boost of confidence seemed to deflate just as those words were out. Kyungsoo looked down again, fingers fidgeting and eyebrows furrowed, concentrating way too hard on the checkered pattern of the mat. 

Jongin didn't really feel his heart skip a beat, but he definitely felt warmth. Rushing everywhere, and growing searingly hot as the seconds passed. He neared Kyungsoo, taking the flower away from his hair, and placing it on Kyungsoo's ear instead. The shorter looked up, round eyes now wider. Jongin only grinned, his head gushing about how adorable the older male is, but his lips only saying, "I'd be willing to give it a try."

Blink. Kyungsoo's jaw dropped slightly, before he gulped, and then his lips quirked, forming a broad grin that made the warmth in Jongin rush faster, uncontrolled.

"That sounds ing great,"

 

 

 

 

 

 

Eyes met. Jongin grinned as he sat on the grass, ignoring Kyungsoo's grumbles of his pants getting dirty. Jongin interlaced their fingers, looking up at Kyungsoo. "Are you not sitting?"

"My pants will get dirty."

Jongin rolled his eyes, tugging the shorter down and making him sit on his lap. He tucked his chin on Kyungsoo's shoulder, humming softly as he snuggled into the soft plaid shirt. "Are you even comfortable like this?"

"Yeah," Jongin replied, eyes closed as he tightened his hold around Kyungsoo's waist. They were quiet, simply enjoying the music from the crickets, an unknown song playing from the sun rays and grass blades. "I like this."

"I do, too." Kyungsoo softly replied, hand atop Jongin's tapping. "Sorry I've been so busy."

Jongin opened his eyes, kissing the nape of his boyfriend's neck. "What are you apologising for? You know I understand." 

"Still-"

"Nope, it's not your fault." Jongin shook his head, frowning. "I'm not hearing anything related to work today."

Kyungsoo sighed, before a light laugh left his lips. Jongin looked at him, confused but Kyungsoo only smiled in return. "How did I get so lucky?"

His eyes were glimmering, and his tone was accentuated with a thick emotion Jongin could only guess was fondness. The feeling was there again; warmth, tenderness. Jongin savoured it, taking it deep into his heart and letting it crackle like firewood. If anything, he was the lucky one to have Kyungsoo. He decided to take a playful tone though, grinning as he replied, "You must have saved a soul during your past life."

"I'm pretty sure I did," Kyungsoo murmured, eyes getting slightly more serious as he looked at Jongin. His heart beat faster, and Kyungsoo left his lap, choosing to sit right in front of Jongin, their knees touching. "I really do ing love you, you know."

Jongin smiled, rush of endearment and love and happiness and just Kyungsoo shooting through his body, his skin tingling with delight. His lips lifted on their own accord, and his heart twanged with so much love, it was almost painful.

"I really do ing love you, too."

 

 

 

 


That night, Jongin posted three photos as per usual. Two coloured ones, and one black and white one. Two with him in it and one with only Kyungsoo. 

Kyungsoo was frowning, pouting because Jongin had forced the flower crown on his head, washed with the black and white filter. He was also glaring at the camera, arms crossed tightly. 

Jongin grinned at the comments left on the photo, most of it laughing emojis, some heart emojis, some '#KADI forever's and a '>:d' from Kyungsoo himself.

He looked at the older who was actually right beside him, and Kyungsoo was glaring at him. "What?"

"Of all the pictures, really?"

"Of course, you looked really pretty okay." Jongin replied, grinning when the other pouted. He kissed the elder's lips, sighing happily when they parted. The feeling of happiness was a package when it came to Kyungsoo. A 2-in-1. "I love you."

Fake anger aside, Kyungsoo beamed, kissing the younger once more. "I love you too."

 

 

 

 


strwbrrykaaaa "You look so ing pretty."

 

[doksoo commented on your post: "you really do"]


❀ ✿ ❁ ✾ ✽ ❃ ❋❀ ✿ ❁ ✾ ✽ ❃ ❋❀ ✿ ❁ ✾ ✽ ❃ ❋❀ ✿ ❁ ✾ 

a/n : comments are always appreciated. thank you for reading! (When will i make KSOO the fashionable one, for real) this is fluff without plot af