Merry Christmas, Emily!

EXO-L SECRETSANTA!!

 

How to get a boyfriend in Hogwarts, while fighting off Death eaters

Genre: Romance/ Fluff/ Slightangst/ Harry Potter!AU

Pairing: Baekchen (main)/ Kaisoo (minor side pairing)

Characters: Baekhyun (main)/ Chen (main)/ Kai/ Kyungsoo

This is my gift to youI hope you like it ^^ I never wrote OC before, so I settled on Baekchen. Since I also like Harry Potter a lot, I decided to use this AU for your gift XD Have fun reading!

The loud, jarring sound of an owl screeching, was the first thing Baekhyun heard in the morning. His eyes needed a moment to adjust the light that fell through the window of the Gryffindor-tower, but when he was finally able to see, he was greeted with the wide eyed snowy-owl, which kept screeching into his owner’s ear. Kai stayed unimpressed by the owl, continuing to drown in dreamland. Baekhyun groaned in displeasure, his lips starting to form a snarl. The stupid owl didn’t shut up and Baekhyun could hear Chen, another dorm mate and his best friend on top of that, already swearing under his breath. There was a shallow thump and the screeching stopped instantly.

“Nice throw, Chen.” Baekhyun mused, then snuggled back into the thick covers of his bed. The other male let out a sigh, muttering a ‘no problem’. There was a silent hoot of despair and that woke up the third member of their dorm room instantly.

“KYUNGIE!” The tan male screamed on top of his lungs, rolling from the bed and scooping the owl in his arms. “Who threw the cloak?” Jongin, or like their friends called him, Kai hollered, his voice demanding and the anger clear in it.

“I did, because your stupid owl wouldn’t shut up. How can you not wake up to that screeching beast?!” Chen snapped, voice muffled by his pillow. Jongin shot the owl in his arms an apologizing look. “I’m sorry Kyungie. Please don’t wake me, if it means, you will get hurt, yes?” Baekhyun watched the owl snuggling his head into his owner’s palm, letting out a hurt hoot. “See!” Kai shouted, hugging the owl closer, “You hurt him!” With that the male ran out, his owl sending a mocking glare over his owner’s shoulder.

“I swear, that owl is the devil.” Chen whispered, watching the closed door in horror. “It’s plotting our deaths, I tell you!” Baekhyun laughed at his friends childishness, then started to stand up, too. Today he would have to find all his rooms, the new school year on Hogwarts had just started and that meant only one thing.

Full corridors. -----------------

Much to Baekhyun’s displeasure, he wasn’t wrong about the corridors. First years were losing their stuff as they ran like little weasels through the older students, the second years were a bit calmer, asking nicely for the way when they got lost. The third and fourth years were laughing at everyone making the whole situation a mess with their annoying snigger in the background, while the fifth and sixth graders were all collected and only rolling their eyes when someone decided to pull a prank on

them. Baekhyun was attending Hogwarts for the sixth year, counting to the few people who were just as childish as the third and fourth years. He and Chen were sitting in front of the Forbidden Corridor, waiting for Lay to show up. The third member of their tight knit group was actually pretty late. Lay tended to forget things, but he never came late to one of their meetings.

Chen suddenly slapped Baekhyun’s arm excitedly, ripping the slightly younger male from his thoughts. “Look, look!” Chen pointed at the moving stairs just below him.

They were watching amused when Kai tried to make his way through the masses, his owl sitting on his shoulder. The bird threw Chen and Baekhyun a dirty look, then screeched loudly, when Kai got shoved out of the way and almost kissed the ground. The bird must have buried its claws in Kai’s shoulder, because the boy’s face contorted in pain. Kai shrugged the owl of his shoulder, glaring at the bird.

The two friends sniggered behind their palm, sticking their tongue out at the angry ball of feathers. They both crackled up, high-fiving each other and enjoying the other students struggles.

“Mr. Kim and Mr. Byun!” An old male voice sounded from behind them, making the two six years flinch harshly.

“Mr. Filch!” They exclaimed at the same time jumping up to greet the grumpy man. “Before you ask,“ Chen started, when the caretaker was about to explode on them, “We are currently waiting for our friend. To stay out of the way had been our only thought when we decided to sit down here. We are truly sorry, but we also would never even dare to enter the Forbidden Corridor.” Chen gave a blending smile, before Baekhyun jumped in.

“Mrs. Norris fur is so beautiful! Did you put some conditioner on it?” Baekhyun chattered, schmoozing the now charmed caretaker.

It had always been easy to make Filch forget about something small, as soon as you praised him or complemented his cat. Chen was already vanishing in the crowd of noisy students and Baekhyun showed three fingers behind his back, signaling the place where they would meet again. The classroom.

“I’m really sorry once again Mr. Filch. It will not happen again. I’m afraid my class is starting in a few minutes, so let’s wrap this up and continue another time.” Mr. Filch smiled grimly, his yellow teeth showing. “Of course Mister Byun.” With that the caretaker went his way and Baekhyun let out a sigh of relieve.

He looked back at the moving stairs and noticed in panic, that they were already empty. Baekhyun grabbed his back and dashed with the next stair towards his class. He had Divination first, his most favored subject. Baekhyun was an ace at interpreting things and using his ‘inner eye’ like his Professor would call it. In contrast to that, Baekhyun was never good at creating spells. Heck, he was barely able to get an acceptable Expelliarmus out of his wand. Chen was the genius in Defense against the Dark Arts, while Baekhyun’s grades were below average. With a silent curse, the short six- year started to run again, a soon as the stair stopped moving.

Lost in his thoughts, Baekhyun didn’t notice that he was running straight into another guy. They both fell to the ground, groaning in synch.

“Watch were you’re going, mudblood!” The other yelled at Baekhyun, straightening his robes as he stood up to his full height. Which consists of a few (many) inches more than Baekhyun’s. The latter was about to apologize, when the others words hit him.

Wait....
Did that stuck up wizard just insulted him?! Who does he think he is?!

Oh, listen up, Mr. I’m-better-than-you. I would have apologized, but your stuck-up doesn’t deserve my apology-, Baekhyun didn’t came further with his rant as he was harshly pushed against the wall, two hands around his throat. He spent the other males face a chaste look for the first time, noticing the white, snake-like mask on the wizards face. There was no color on the male’s body, only heavy black robes. Baekhyun shivered in fear as the others sleeve slid down and the dark mark became visible on pale skin.

“No, you should listen.” His hoarse voice penetrated Baekhyun ears. “I have better to do than playing with a lousy and filthy mudblood, who doesn’t understand the meaning of witchcraft. Keep quiet about this and I won’t come back at you or your little crush. If you say a single thing, we will kill them in the name of the dark lord.” With that the death eater was gone and Baekhyun was lying on the ground dry heaving and shivering harshly.

He could have died. He could have been abducted. So many gruesome things could have happened to him. There had been a Death eater in Hogwarts. How could he even enter the school?

Baekhyun tried to calm himself, standing up on wobbly legs. He would get over it. He had to get over it. As long as he kept quiet about everything, nothing would happen to him. Even when his desire to run to the next professor and tell them what happened was strong, he couldn’t risk having the one he liked in danger.

That cashier cat smile popped up Baekhyun’s head, followed by crinkling eyes with long lashes. A honey-like voice filling his head with whispered late-night pillow talks. Yes, Byun Baekhyun liked his best friend Kim Jongdae more than just as a friend. Chen was his everything and if the Death eater threatened to hurt Chen, Baekhyun would comply without thinking.

The male didn’t even notice that he had begun walking again, his feet brought him to his class without him knowing. With a last deep breath, Baekhyun knocked on the door, entering the room with a silent apology.

Professor Trelawney just told him she knew he would come late, so she wasn’t angry at him. Baekhyun smiled at her, before plopping down next to his seat mate, who, who else should it be, was Chen.

By the frown marring his features, Baekhyun knew they were doing dream interpretations. Chen’s least favorite part in Divination. The latter suffered from nightmares since he got severely injured in fourth year, when he attended the Quidditch championship. It had taken a toll on the boy and gave Baekhyun another reason, to keep Chen away from the dark wizards.

The lesson went by uneventful. Baekhyun interpreted Chen’s dream about a screeching alarm clock and a bear as a will to get rid of Kai and his owl. They had discussed some humble muggleTM methods to get rid of annoying dorm mates.

They were laughing alongside each other on their way towards the great hall, the events from the morning as good as forgotten.

----------

It was only at night, Kai and Chen long asleep, that Baekhyun thought about the Death eater. Maybe the guy had stolen something. But then, the headmaster would have told them to be careful.

Baekhyun was afraid. Not for himself, but for everyone around him. If the Death eaters could enter the school, what about the dark lord himself? Could he enter Hogwarts?

Question after question infiltrated Baekhyun’s mind, him into a vortex of depressing and frightening scenarios. Baekhyun, couldn’t defend the people around him. He couldn’t save Chen or Lay. He could do nothing besides keeping quiet about what happened.

Baekhyun was about to turn around in bed, when he heard soft rustling and a silent hoot. “Kyungie.” Kai’s voice whispered. It was so quiet and faint, that Baekhyun nearly missed it.

“Kyungie, did you hear the news? Hyung broke out. I know he will come for me. What if he already did? Kyungie.... I’m afraid.” Kai ranted, his bed sheets rustling.

Baekhyun carefully lifted his head, daring to steal a glance at his roommate. Kai was lying under his sheets, curled up in a fetal position, his arms slung around the white owl.

Seemed like Baekhyun wasn’t the only one who had troubles with falling asleep and being afraid, but Baekhyun had become curious what happened with Kai’s brother. Kai was born from a muggle family as far as Baekhyun knew. Actually he didn’t knew much about Kai. The male was always with his friend Sehun or alone with his pet owl. He didn’t have a girlfriend or boyfriend. Kai was average in every class, not good, but not bad either.

Maybe Kai had just a problematic muggle brother. Yeah just that. There was no chance his roommate’s brother was the Death eater attacking him this morning. Baekhyun was just over thinking. Like he always did. Yeah, nothing was connected through that.

----------

The next morning Chen was the only one of the three who didn’t look like he had pulled an all- nighter. Kai was out of the room even before Baekhyun had a chance to open his eyes and Chen had used the chance to curl up against his best friend for a morning cuddle. Not that Baekhyun minded in any way. He had blushed to the roots of his hair, even though it wasn’t something unusual for the two of them. They did it since they’ve been eleven. Cuddling at random times to talk about everything and nothing.

Still, Baekhyun couldn’t get the image of Chen lying next to him, eyes closed and peaceful expression on his face, out of his mind. The sensation of Chen’s breath on his neck, the younger’s long legs heavy on Baekhyun’s own ones, was still tingling on his skin.

Baekhyun had a good morning, despite the dark circles hanging under his eyes. A really good morning that was destroyed as soon as he entered the great hall.

The students were whispering in hushed voices, some pointing at the Gryffindor table with accusing fingers.

“Did you hear? One from the Gryffindor helped a death eater entering Hogwarts...” “I heard it was one of the boys!”
“They say that the headmaster will expel him.”
“Kim Jongdae is dead meat. I bet Byun helped too.”

“Kim is disgusting! He probably hurt the other himself!”

Chen stood frozen on the spot, shielding his body from the various gazes that traced his figure with judging eyes. Baekhyun was holding his friends hand, glaring at the other students.

“What?” He snapped at some Ravenclaws, who were whispering loudly. “Ever heard of keeping it based on facts? Because you assume stupid things only s would believe!” With that, he tugged Chen towards their seats, brooding in anger. Why did they have to destroy his perfect morning with their stupid nonsense? Chen was innocent and the headmaster would see that.

“Don’t let it get to you Dae.” Baekhyun said, rubbing his friend’s back.
“But it hurts.” Chen whispered, searching for Baekhyun’s hands to find some comfort in them.

“They are stupid, stuck up ers that have nothing better to do than talking sh*t, whenever it gets interesting.” Baekhyun glared at another group of students, cutting their ‘silent’ whispers. God he was angry right now. Luckily the headmaster quietened the pupils down in time or Baekhyun would have exploded.

“You all probably heard, that someone helped a Death eater to enter Hogwarts, who tried to harm one of our students. We are currently searching for the Death eater, so I will gladly accept any help.” There was a short silence after the Headmaster’s words, before someone from the Slytherin table shouted Chen’s and Baekhyun’s names.

“It was them! They helped the Death eater!”

“OH, HELL NO!” Baekhyun shouted back, standing up and slamming his hands on the table. “We are innocent you imbecile! Give me some prove, before you point the finger at someone!” Chen was tugging on Baekhyun’s cloak, trying to get the male to sit down again.

“You want prove?” The Slytherin mocked, raising his eyebrows with a devilish smirk on his face. “We saw him in Hogsmeade, giving a stranger with a dark cloak something. He missed his last class yesterday, unexcused. He came late to dinner. Do you need more?”

Baekhyun glared at the Slytherin, before he turned to his best friend.

“Chen?” He asked the guilty looking male. “I didn’t do it, Baekhyunnie...” With a nod and full trust, Baekhyun turned back to the Slytherin.

“If Chen says he is innocent, than he is. I believe him.”

The headmaster held up his hand to silence the Slytherin, who looked outraged. “Then tell us where you were.” Chen looked unsurely at Baekhyun, before taking a deep breath.

“I had something to set up. “

With slight shiver in his steps, Chen stood up to look straight into Baekhyun’s eyes. The latter’s thoughts were swirling around like crazy. Baekhyun had no idea what Chen was up to.

“Baekhyunnie...” Chen suddenly said, grasping Baekhyun’s hands in his own. “Baekhyunnie, I need to tell you something.”

The whole hall held their breaths as Chen went down on his knees.

“Baekhyunnie I like you a lot more than just a friend. I did since the accident. My plan was to confess in the hidden room, but the things, how they are now, are forcing me to speed up the process a bit. Baekhyunnie, please be my boyfriend.

Baekhyun held his breath. Tears started to cloud his vision as he nodded, his lip caught between his teeth to prevent it from wobbling.

He couldnt believe it. He couldnt believe, that his crush and best friend had confessed to him first. Baekhyun was happy, molding into the hug Chen gave him.

The hall erupted in sudden cheering and wolf whistles, then a chant of kiss, kiss, kissfollowed. And Chen did exactly that. He kissed Baekhyun square on the lips.

The shorter male could swear he saw fireworks exploding behind his eyes, a pleasant tingle of joy filling his limbs and running down his spine.

This was what he had imagined it to be like. He had always wanted to kiss Chen and feel those precious feelings.

This was what he called love. -------

Im sorry if this seems unfinished, bit I do not feel like elaborating on the Death eater case. I hope you enjoyed it nonetheless^^

Sarangliebe