Broken

Shattered

THANK YOU pledishoujo on Twitter I HATE YOU :DDD U MADE ME DO THIS


here we go


---

Jeonghan hurriedly walked away from the café. It was cold out, but it's better than having to stay inside that cafe with a bastard.

“He doesn't love you anymore, Jeonghan. He doesn't.” He was muttering all of these to himself as he heavily stomped his feet to the nearest park.

When he arrived, he pushed people in his way, he didn't care if it was rude. He was in a bad mood.

Later then, Seungcheol was able to catch up on him, making his way to the park. When he saw Jeonghan, he ran for it and hid behind the tree. He was near enough to hear Jeonghan's incoherent mumbling. Telling himself that Seungcheol didn't love him any longer.

“Jeonghan-ah, let's settle this in a mature way.” Seungcheol tried to calm himself down because even he can't handle Jeonghan's immaturity. Jeonghan paused for a second and faced Seungcheol. “No, you won't even listen!” Jeonghan's tone rose and rose. He was obviously wanting to end all of these. “If you treasured our relationship you wouldn't let this happen.”

“Then why did you make me?!”

Silence rose between the two. Awkward silence. They were frozen, like statues. They could almost hear each others' heartbeats. Fast heartbeats.

Seungcheol ran his hands down his face and sighed. He put his arms on Jeonghan's shoulders, which Jeonghan tried to remove, but failed. Seungcheol's grip was strong enough for Jeonghan not to remove them but firm enough to make sure not to hurt him. “Explain to me, Jeonghan. Why are you acting like this?” He said slowly and surely.

Jeonghan rolled his eyes and scoffed. His pride was too high.

“You see, that's your problem, you're too proud. You couldn't be humble, since our 2nd anniversary, even on our own relationship.” Seungcheol scolded him, he was starting to lose his patience.

“Don't act like you're the only wrong one between us.” Jeonghan said, firmly. Then he caught Seungcheol's gaze and finally got to remove his hands on his shoulders. “Don't act as if I'm the only one doing in our relationship. Don't go all ing goody-two-shoes on me. I'm sick and tired of you taking me for granted.” Seungcheol gulped. That was the only time he realized his wrongdoings

*

“Jeonghan-ah, I'm gonna have to say goodbye. I need to talk with Jihoon first.”

“Yeah. Bye I love--”

Call Ended.

*

“Jeonghanie! Let's go eat outside.”

“Sure, it's been long since we last dated.”

“Where do you wanna eat?”

“Ahh maybe at--” Seungcheol's phone rings.

“Jeonghanie, I have to take this. Soonyoung needs me. We'll eat later.”

“Bye..” Jeonghan leans for a kiss but Seungcheol already got away.

And Seungcheol never came back until the next day.

*

"Cheollie! It's our anniversary tomorrow, where do you wanna go? It's my treat!"

"Anywhere you want to, Hanie." Seungcheol's voice sounded a little gloomy, Jeonghan could notice.

"Are you okay?" Jeonghan pat Seungcheol's shoulders, to which he flinched.

"Yeah yeah I'm fine."

Jeonghan started to feel bothered, he started to feel conscious if he ever turned Seungcheol down.

"Are you okay?" Jeonghan asked, more slowly, just to make sure.

"I'm fine Jeonghan!" Seungcheol's tone started to get higher.

"I'm sorry.." They both said together.

Seungcheol only stared at the ceiling later. That's the time Jeonghan felt like he was the only one serving in their relationship.

Their 2nd anniversary, the time where Jeonghan's pride started to get higher and higher.

*

“I'm so sorry..” Seungcheol asked for forgiveness.

A little later, it started to rain. But it didn't bother neither of them.

“You see, if it weren't for me, you wouldn't have noticed your mistakes. It's because you always think you're right! I'm not saying you should put me as priority but you never had time for me! For the past three years our only successful date is our first date. I couldn't believe we even lasted three years! But now? I give up. I'm ing sick and tired of letting our dates pass by and let be undone and forgotten. I know we're busy but have you seen Wonwoo and Mingyu passing on each other? No. I'm sorry for comparing but I just had to. And they're not even dating! Seungcheol I give up. I'm sorry if it were 'this easy' for me to give up but you made me do this. I myself have moved on already even before we even break up. Now it's just you, just like how you want it to be, right?” Jeonghan finally stopped and started catching his breath from all the ranting.

He felt good. Getting all of it from his chest. Jeonghan opened his fanny pack and put out a frame of him and Seungcheol while they were preparing for the Very Nice comeback. “You see this?” He wagged the frame in Seungcheol's face, “This is for all the happy moments we spent together.” He held it up and threw it down, hard. Seungcheol started crying, Jeonghan wasn't, nor he had ever even wanted to cry.

"Can't you give me time to explain?" Seungcheol asked, desperately.

"Can't you give me time for us to be alone for even just one night? No. So I can't." Jeonghan crossed his arms and smirked.

"Then don't listen.", Seungcheol said, "Jeonghan, I'm sorry. I'm sorry for giving you a reason to let go of what we have. I'm sorry if you ever felt like you are the only one loving in our relationship. I'm doing this for us, for SEVENTEEN. I couldn't let our brothers down, and I know you don't too. But if you think what you're doing is for the best, then I support you. What I want you to know is that I love and never stopped doing so. I won't stop loving you even if after we break up because that's just how I love you. I'm always here for you, anyway."

"You? Always here? For me? Hah. Don't fool me with that kind of , Seungcheol." Jeonghan faked a laugh.

"I love you, Jeonghan."

"I loved you, Seungcheol." And Jeonghan walked away.

When Jeonghan left, Seungcheol stared at the bouquet of flowers he was hoping to give Jeonghan. He feel on his knees and started crying. The broken photo frame a foot away from him. Rain started falling stronger and stronger. He felt alone, and his heart was flooded with regret.

Meanwhile, when Jeonghan was out of Seungcheol's sight, the light feeling on his chest started to feel heavier and heavier until he realizes he was already crying. He called himself a fool for crying over something he did in the first place. Besides, he knew to himself that he had already moved on, why was he feeling these strange things?

After a few minutes, Seungcheol finally stood up, wiping the tears from his face, having no one to do it for him. Not hearing a soft and mellow voice asking if he's alright, it felt different. He went and left the bouquet and frame on the mud. It wouldn't help him anyway if he brought the broken frame back to the dorm.

***

Jisoo was coming back from the convenience store with Hansol when they passed by the park for a shortcut.

"Hyung, why isn't there a rainbow after all that heavy rain?" Hansol asked out of the blue, pointing to the rainbow-less sky.

But Jisoo didn't hear him. Instead, a damp bouquet of flowers and a mud-covered photo frame caught his gaze. And he went to pick it up.

He wiped all the dirt from the frame and it revealed a photo of a familiar couple and a broken glass.

"Hansol, isn't this the photo frame Jeonghan keeps in his bag?" Jisoo gave the frame to Hansol.

"I think so. It looks familiar." Hansol replied, "Before I went to the convenience store to remind you about the ramyeon, Jeonghan-hyung came back to the dorm on his own. His eyes were reddish but he was smiling like he won the lotto."

"They couldn't have broke up..." Jisoo started to feel weird things.

"I think Jeonghan-hyung told Jihoon-hyung that he and Seungcheol-hyung just broke up." Hansol explained.

Jisoo saw the bouquet and a folded note, Luckily that paper didn't get wet from the rain. He picked it up and read it. Seungcheol's messy handwriting welcomed his eyes.

'Jeonghan-ah, I'm sorry if I ever upset you. I tend to get irritable these days but I try not to. I love you so much and I'm sorry if I can't express it the way you do. I promise to make it up to you on our 3rd year together. Happy 3rd year anniversary to us, and there will be more coming. I love you.'