Prologue

Colors || YongYoung

HWAYOUNG

Lee Hwayoung, a sophomore, popular due to being a child of Lee Jinseok, a CEO of the most popular idol agency in South Korea, and Lee Changmin, a model that works under the agency his father runs. Hwayoung had always been pressured to be someone who he isn’t.

Rumors always spread about him, but at some point, he stopped caring. A string had held him up from falling several times, though, and it was his step brother, Lee Woojin, who was the same age as him. However, at some point in their life, the two drifted apart, and the boy who was always there for Hwayoung, was simply just part of the blood line, but not necessarily an actual brother, at least to Hwayoung, not.

He had dreams, he wanted to specialize in gardening, but as soon as his friends had found out, they laughed at him, and mocked him. His father supported it, but Hwayoung had distanced himself from his family, like he was isolated.

Everyone thinks he’s just a popular snob, but the truth is, he’s a messed up kid.

He walked to the school gates with girls wrapped around his shoulder, and he made eye contact with someone; someone so beautiful that he can barely comprehend. He felt a bit happy for once in his life, it was odd.

 

 

YONGHYUN

Kim Yonghyun’s an ordinary kid, right? We all know that’s not quite right. The boy’s a color-blind senior despite being the same age as most sophomores. He’s a nerd about astronomy, but he’s always wanted to see the colors, except he couldn’t. No matter what he’s going to do, his vision will stay the same, and the whole world would still be in black, and white.

His parents are the owners of a few restaurant chains in South Korea; Kim Doha, and Yoo Youngdoo, husband, and wife, and the two happen to be affiliated with Lee Jinseok, and Lee Changmin, because they were a squad in university. Yonghyun’s seen pictures of him, and 4 other boys, and of course, he knows that two out of the four boys were him, and his older brother, Kim Inho, but he doesn’t know who the two other boys were, and whenever he tried to ask his brother, or his parents, they just laugh or pretend not to listen.

He’s a part of the student council, and astronomy club at school. The student council members are his best friends, and knights, because he likes to think that they’re his protectors, because he’s a frail child.

He was walking around the school with the school’s dog, Haru, and saw a boy surrounded by girls as he tried to walk in the school gates, Yonghyun walked to the boy, and despite being pushed several times, succeeded on escorting the boy, and when Hwayoung was about to thank him, they made eye contact, and at that moment, Yonghyun saw something. Other than the astonishing face the boy had, Yonghyun thought he was going crazy, because he just saw something that he thought could only happen in cliché stories; this color-blind boy had seen colors.