Oh So Great

Break-up or Make-up?
Reminder!!
When the whole thing is RED that is Mark’s POV and when it’s BLUE the POV belongs to Yumi and lastly BLACK when it’s the 3rd person’s POV.

 

[x]

 

It was a Monday morning when I saw Yumi enter our office with such a gloomy aura emitting from her. I can't stop myself from snickering at that sight but I made sure to hide behind the coffee maker just in case she heard me. I don't want my girlfriend to slap me hard on the face so early in the morning. Even though she looks like a wreck she still cute but it's really rare to see her like this she's a really bubbly person even though her schedule is very hectic there's always a smile on her face and that's one of the things that I love most about her.

 

I tried to approach her that time to hand her a cup of coffee but she declined it. "Sorry Mark I don't drink coffee," she said in a very tired tone. Oh ! I totally forgot about that one. "Uh, oh yeah right. How have you been? You look really tired, are you getting enough sleep?" I said leaning on her desk. Her head shot up after I've spoken, "M-mark are you s-sick?" she rose from her sit and placed a hand on my forehead, I settled my cup of coffee on her desk before removing her hand. I chuckled at her action, "I'm not, you're the one who looks sick here silly." She furrowed her eyebrows at me then sat back again on her chair massaging her temples, "Babe, look I'm seriously are you really sick?" she shook and head, "No I'm just tired," she replied I'm just not sure if she did emphasize the word tired or not. "Try to rest first it's still early anyway just do your tasks later when you're okay already," I said before leaving her desk. I can sense her staring at me first after I left her place, she's acting weird. Maybe it's that time of the month.

 

 

--

 

 

I was too busy encoding all the files that was thrown to me by my boss and I did not notice at it was lunch break already, which was normal, but the weird thing is Mark, yes Mark Tuan my soon to be ex-boyfriend, reminded me to grab lunch with him which he hadn't done in months and now when I'm ready to cut our relationship he suddenly turns back into his old caring self! I'm going crazy I swear. I don't know but as if there's a switch all my madness was gone and I was able to smile at him again, ugh curse me now. "It's pass 12 already? Wow I didn't notice that," I said after chuckling. "That's my girl," Mark ruffled my hair as I looked up at him and saw how he looked at me with bright smiling eyes.

 

"What?"

 

"You've been frowning all day and I'm not used to seeing you like that, I'm glad that you're smiling again." He said as he tucks my hair behind my ears which were turning scarlet from embarrassment. Why is he acting like this? Can somebody care to explain everything to me?! Why is acting like before when he was still courting me? Oh my god I think I'm going to explode!

 

"Earth to Yumi," I suddenly snap out from my thoughts when Mark called my name. I turned to face him and found his face just inches away from mine. "Hey!" I pushed him back making him winced a little, "Oh s-orry I was surprised."

 

I didn't look at him in the eye because I know it'll be awkward. Girlfriends don't push their boyfriends away like that unless they’re having a fight. I messed up my hair and stood up from my seat, gathering all the files in a neat and orderly fashion. Suddenly a pair of strong arms pulled me away from my desk dragging me across the office floor. "Hey, hey, hey! Mark oh my god stop it I left my wallet in my bag," our officemates were looking at us with teasing gazes some of them were even giving comments but I wasn't paying attention to them that much so I didn’t get whatever they have said. Mark decided to ignore me so I started trashing under his arms but he only held me tighter. "Ma-mark I- can't b-breath," I acted as if I'm suffocated. He let go of me immediately but before I could run away from him, he spun me around to face him and he checked if I’m okay. "Oh shoot I'm sorry I had to do this because I know you want to run away from me," he caught me by surprise when he suddenly hugged me tight. I heard the elevator open and Mark dragged me into it still trapped in his arms. "Ground floor please," I heard him say to the operator, I was too embarrassed to show my face to the operator so I just buried my face on his chest. I can feel his unsteady breathing while I rested my head on his hard chest. His irregular heartbeat's making me wonder if he's nervous and excited too like me? Ugh this I feel like a teenage girl in love.

 

I tried to pull myself away from Mark’s grip but he won’t let me, “Ground floor,” I heard the operator declare. Mark started to move forward forcing me to step out of the elevator. When we were finally out of the box Mark let go of me and I was able to breath properly. “Yah Yien Tuan,” I glared at him, I hate it when I’m mad at Mark because I can’t stay mad at him because he’s too handsome and it’s getting annoying to be honest. I really don’t understand what’s happening to me I just want to dig a hole and bury myself alive in it.

 

Even though I was glaring at him, Mark was looking at me with huge and anticipating eyes. I don’t know but it feels like he’s planning something. Something big and bad. “Come on babe let’s go, I know you’re already hungry right? Let’s grab something come on,” and there is he again dragging me and forcing me out of our office building. Really Mark Tuan, are you a kid or a 26 years old? “Mark where are we really going? The fast food chains are that way you’re going the wrong way.” I still followed him even though I know that we’re definitely not eating at our favorite resto today. “I know, just follow me okay?” I shut up and waited for him as he hailed a cab and that’s when all sink in into my brain, “ Mark you’re not taking me somewhere far are you?” I held to a post beside me as Mark approached me with a scary smile on his face. “What of course I’m taking you somewhere else but it’s not really far from here trust me,” he extended a hand to me but I tighten my grip on the post even more, his smile was creeping me out! I won’t go with anyone with that kind of look, I’m scared I swear! “Are you crazy? We still have work it’s just lunch break Mark!” I tried to convince him to stay here but he just won’t listen to me. “Hey! Cut the drama and go inside I’m going to drive off if you don’t get in here now. There’s other passengers waiting for me out there!” the driver shouted, Mark turned to face him and apologized he took this chance to remove my grip from the post and then slowly he dragged me into the car.

 

“Mark are you ing nuts? Where are we going I’m being serious here, enough with the jokes and let’s go back!” I whispered to him angrily but he just continued to my hair. “Calm down Yumi I already got permission to do this,” his tone and facial expression was much normal this time and it managed to convince me that he’s telling the truth. “But Mark,” I tried to protest but before I could continue what I was about to say he kissed me on my lips to shut me up. When he broke the kiss he had this victorious smile on his freaking face as he turns away from me. I wasn’t able to talk for the rest of the ride all thanks to Yien Tuan.

 

--

 

 

I did some research before I kidnapped Yumi from our office but I did get the permission from our boss that we’ll both be taking a half day. I asked my colleagues what kind of fun activities can couples do within a city. A lot of them suggested about watching movies and going to amusement parks but knowing Yumi she won’t enjoy those kinds of things, boring things as she call them. So I researched on my own and found something else and something that my girlfriend would definitely enjoy. I was planning to go out with her but our jobs won’t let us spend time together especially me, I’ve been very busy and I admit that I don’t have enough time for the both of us. I’m really thankful to Yumi because even though I’m busy she never got tired of me she would always find time to bring me snacks at home when I’m locked up because of the projects and papers that I need to finish. She’s the kind of girlfriend that every man could ever dream of and I don’t want to lose her. If I have to keep her forever, I’ll do it. That’s the reason why I’m accepting all this extra works for the past few months I’m saving up some money for something that I want to give her.

 

I noticed that Yumi was quiet even after the ride, “Babe are you okay?” I asked her as she pout. I chuckled when she didn’t reply so I swung an arm around her shoulder and pulled her closer to me. “Have you ever been inside the Wizard’s Gallery?” I saw how her eyes lit up when she heard the game, “Oh my god, Mark don’t tell me that we’re going there?!” Her tone was full of excitement and her facial expression changed immediately. “Yes babe, we’re going inside the Wizard’s Gallery,” she hugged me tightly as we made our way inside the mall.

 

 

 

“Two players for the Wizard’s Gallery and I would also like to make a reservation for the LazerXtreme right after we finish the first game.” I felt Yumi cringe beside me, she wasn’t expecting that one for sure. I smiled at the receptionist as she handed our gears. The sight of Yumi engulfed at the sight of the gears was priceless, it was like treating a 10-year-old kid into the arcade hahaha.

 

Yumi was jumping when we had entered the dark compartment. The game became fun because of Yumi she was shouting whenever she hit an enemy. I wasn’t entirely playing I just let her enjoy the game by herself because I know that’s she really tired from all our work and she needs to have at least some time for herself. I would only play when she fails to beat the monster in front of her. She would hide behind me and point at the monster ahead of us but I would tell her that we need to work as a team to beat the monster. Well, being the usual stubborn girlfriend I always ended up holding two wands just to kill the animated enemy. Even though the game was short I can tell that Yumi really enjoyed it because her smile was contagious and she won’t stop clinging to me that’s when I realized how much she missed me. She may not show it or tell it but by just looking at her that time reality hit me hard and made me realize that I’ve been pushing my girlfriend away from me for the past months. I missed her so much and she, probably, had missed me even more. Seeing each other at our office was definitely not enough. It was the wisest decision to reserve the laser game after this.

 

“Mark I’ve got something to tell you,” Yumi let go of my arm and her attitude had suddenly changed, “Woah wait I’ve got something to tell you too.” I looked at her and then smiled, I saw how she became more uneasy because she started to fidget with her fingers. When she didn’t answer I started to think about something that would make her spill the beans, “Ok let’s make a deal,” with that I got her full attention. “If I win this battle and got you, you’ll tell me whatever it is that you want to tell me.” I paused, the smile still on my face, “And if you win, I’ll tell you whatever it is that I’m keeping inside of my mind.” She eyes sparkled and gave a nod as an answer, “Ok deal.”

 

--

 

I’m not sure but Mark’s making me nervous. What if he wins this game then I’m going to ruin this perfect moment but knowing Mark he’s not very competitive when it comes to games like this, well he’s not really into this type of games or any other game so my chance of winning this game is a hundred percent. I think I don’t have to worry about it that much then.

 

 

 

I spoke too soon damn it! Mark’s totally into this game! He’s too aggressive to win damn it! Should I just lie? Oh my god think Yumi, think! I don’t want to break up with him but I’m tired from all this already ugh what should I do! But I can’t give up I want to win this game too I need to know what he wants to say. Ok let’s do this.

 

--

 

Wow she’s gone did she give up already? I guess I was successful threatening her that I’m eager to win this game hahaha. Ok time to lay low now, I wanted her to win this game anyway, all my effort will go to waste if I win.

 

I searched the whole place to find where she’s hiding but I still can’t find her. Damn, I underestimated her too much. I seriously forgot that she’s more of a game enthusiast than me. Well isn’t that great that means she’ll definitely win this game, then why am I getting nervous? Oh god how to stop this heart from beating so fast?

 

--

 

While Mark was roaming around the site Yumi appeared behind him and shot the vital spot of his vest with her laser gun. Alarm whirred through his jacket and the light from his gun had gone off. He turned around to find Yumi with a victorious grin on her face while holding her gun in an eye level. “I won Mark Tuan now spill it,” Mark can’t help but smile, seeing her with that gun was so y for him. To cherish the moment even more Mark pretended that he’s been shot for real. He fell to the ground and winced in pain Yumi rolled her eyes and dropped the gun to her side before walking to Mark, “Hey get up aren’t you going to tell me something?” she kicked his side lightly but was smiling down at him. Mark opened his eyes a little but continued with his acting. Yumi groaned then squat in front of the guy who was rolling on the floor, when Mark felt Yumi beside him he stopped his act immediately. He propped an arm up to rest his head on his palm just to face her properly, “It took you so long,” he started while smiling at Yumi whose face was just inches away from him.

 

“What? I don’t get it?”

 

Mark chuckled and stole a kiss from his girlfriend, “Will you marry me?” he suddenly propsed. She wasn’t able to give an answer immediately but Mark patiently waited for it smiling and admiring his future wife.

 

“Are you serious?”

 

Mark sat up straight when he heard it, “What? I asked you to marry me and that’s your reply?” Mark prodded his left ear with his pinky, “I was right about what I heard right?” Yumi sighed and sat properly beside him. “Look Mark I don’t know how I should respond with your proposal right now. Do you even have any idea on what I was going to say to you today?” Mark sat properly and listened to Yumi as she continued, “I wanted to break up with you.” Yumi started to panic when Mark didn’t say anything. “H-hey Mark let me explain everything first.”

 

“I know I got you by surprise but I’m thinking about it. It’s just, I’m tired. I feel like I’m the only one making effort in this relationship.” Yumi waited for him to speak but he didn’t, she was glad that Mark’s expression wasn’t mad or anything but he looks like he was willing to listen to her. “For the past months I’ve noticed that you’re very busy and I was the only one who’s making effort to cheer you up when you’re down or stressed from all our work. I’m also the one who reminds you that it’s our monthsary every month. To be honest I even wondered if you’re having an affair with somebody else because you’ve changed so much. I don’t know maybe my insecurities resulted me to become like this.” Yumi’s eyes started to sting and then her tears suddenly flowed. Mark was surprised when he saw her crying he hugged her instantly and rubbed her back.

 

“Sorry Yumi I didn’t know you were having hard time with me. Why didn’t you tell me?” he asked, Yumi just continued to sob while hugging him tightly. “Listen to me Yumi okay?” she gave a nod as a reply. “I’m about to tell you a secret, I’ve been accepting extra work from our office to have extra income. I’m saving up for something big, and finally I was able to gather the amount of money that I needed last week. I can finally marry you,” he pulled her away from him to look at her in the eyes, which were red and puffy from all the crying.

 

“You’re so cute,” he pinched her cheeks. Yumi whined as she hides her face from him, “Look if you still want to break up with me it’s okay with me but I won’t promise to leave you alone. I would court you again and again until you say yes because you’re mine, mine alone. No other guy can have you except me do you understand?” Yumi hugged him again and buried her face on his shoulder. “I hate you, I really, really hate you but I can’t do that ‘cause I love you more, do you know that? Of course I’ll marry you!”

 

“Are you serious?” Mark responded then he suddenly laughed out loud. Yumi punched his arm lightly, “I hate you,” she said when Mark kissed her pouting lips he laughed then rested his forehead on hers, “I love you too.”