The promise

The promise
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*** Warning, the story does not have a happy ending at the end of this chapter. It is kind of angst. I do have a happy ending set out for them, but I'm not sure if I want to write a sequel for this yet (since I need to finish the other series first) so I only put out the first chapter and kind of ended it like a oneshot. I'm sorry >< Please let me know though if you want a sequel though. I might write it after I finish Partners.

Minato looked up at the sky above him. It was beautiful and pretty the skies being clear blue and white fluffy clouds all over. Unlike that day when they decided to walk their own paths. He wondered how she was doing. Well, he kind of knew. Since she was all over the place. In advertisements, newspapers, magazine covers, and almost every single commercial out there. There was probably not a single person in Japan who does not know who Hirai Momo is. Even though now he sees her every single day, he missed her so much. She became so far from him. She became a person in another world.

It’s been 3 years since he last saw her. He missed her dearly every single day. He regrets making that promise with her, since she was the only one fulfilling that promise. But then, she is a superstar now, she probably had forgotten about that promise, she had made with a childhood friend that was already 3 years ago.

Minato and Momo pretty much knew each other since he was born. Their parents were best of friends, and when he was born, the Hirai family were the first ones to come see him. Ever since, the two families have always been together. Spending every holiday, breaks, and school events together. But the two children, however were much closer than that. They spent time with each other every single day, unless their families had other plans for them. Until they got to middle school, which they both had afterschool extracurricular activities and friends they hung out with. But even still, they hung out whenever they could, every day, even though if it was only for a few minutes. Everyone in town, knew they were best friends and were inseparable. Since Momo was a year older, she would always be taking care of him. When Minato was young since he was different from the other boys, very quiet, reserved, and loved to read. So he would always get teased or bullied by other boys his age, resulting in an angry Momo fighting them off, protecting him. As he got older, this happened less because he learned to defend himself but also because the other boys around him matured as well. However the main reason everyone stopped teasing Minato was because of an incident that occurred during his first year of middle school. Minato was 13 and Momo was 14. Momo, being only a second year was the dance team’s captain and was really popular with both the guys and girls because of her dance skills, looks, and good nature.

One day, Minato overheard a couple of third year guys talking about Momo and what they were going to do to her. His friends were trying to stop this one guy because everyone in school knows not to mess with Momo after she knocked out a couple of guys during her first year. But the dude insisted and his friends gave up. Anger boiled inside Minato that moment and wanted to punch the guy but decided to wait after hearing their plans. He was going to get him in front of everyone so he can be ashamed of his actions truly. So that day, he followed Momo everywhere like a puppy, which wasn’t surprising since they were always together but Momo knew something was up because Minato wasn’t this clingy usually. The guys really did try the plans as he said, but each time Minato would casually block him off or lead Momo away so she wouldn’t get caught in the plans.  Minato was saving the best part for later when there were more people around. It soon became afterschool, and Momo was talking with one of her teachers before she went off to the dance club so Minato decided to go get his stuff from his classroom. As he was walking he saw the third year dude banging a wall and decided to see what he was up to. Turns out he was frustrated that all his plans were not working somehow on Momo when they worked on before with other girls. He was telling his friends he was changing plans and was going to kiss her and make out with her in front of the whole school before she goes to her extracurricular activities. Minato quickly returned back to Momo’s place so he could protect her. Since he also changed his plans. He was not just going to make the guy ashamed but let the whole school know not to mess with her.

Minato swiftly went back to her classroom, and told her he would her to the dance club room. She was surprised because he had student council which they should’ve been meeting up 5 minutes ago. Momo knew something was odd about Minato today but really didn’t question him because she knew he was protecting her today all day from this 3rd year guy who had a tendency to trying to hook up with every other girl in the school. He has tried several times, and Momo always somehow dodged his traps easily. She knew he would try the same antics over and over again so she actually knew when he would be coming at her. But today Minato was so cute working so hard in order to protect her, she decided to pretend to not know anything about it. However, Momo didn’t know anything about his new plan coming up his sleeve so she was absolutely taken aback from what happened next. Minato and Momo were walking down the stairs almost reaching the bottom when the 3rd year suddenly came up to them, grabbed Momo’s wrist making her lunge forward when suddenly, someone swiftly unwrapped the guys hands off her wrist while stabilizing her so she wouldn’t fall forward and grabbed the guy by his collar and bashed him against the wall.

“Don’t you ever touch her with your dirty hands! If you ever lay hands on her again, I’ll make sure you’ll regret it. And tell your other friends or any other guy out there that wants to mess with her. That they’ll also face the same consequences.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter