Part 1: Adjoin galaxies

Two Moons ; Phobos & Deimos

Word count:  5 540

Song: Exo-Air

                                                                                                                Part. 1  ADJOIN GALAXIES

 

 

Kyungsoo doesn’t consider himself suitable for the current society. Or any society at all. He just doesn’t fit. He’s always been one that you could easily walk on. It’s not that he doesn’t have any will but life proved him many times that it wasn’t always worth living. Mostly when you are not what society expects from you.  And that’s exactly what he is. A dreamless deception.  

From a young age, he always wondered the meaning of life, not only his but life in general. What was the use in starting to die from the moment you were born? He just couldn’t see it, the ephemeral beauty that needed to be enjoyed at its maximum.

Kyungsoo isn’t a star. But he wished he was. There’s something oddly appealing about becoming a supernova when he will die. He, too, wished he could explode but he is made of boring atoms and antisocial genes, not stardust. So he spends his life managing a planetarium. That’s the closest he can be to the space since he doesn’t have the brain to work for the NASA.

Some people love astronomy, others enjoy watching shooting stars on a romantic night, and others read their horoscopes every morning. Everybody loves the space in one way or another. Why? He can’t really tell. He guesses all humans are eager for some magic in their lives and that’s exactly what the sky is. It’s magic. It looks calm in appearance but really, it’s always seething, never static.  It’s deep, mysterious and so beautiful. There’s always something new to learn about it. Truly fascinating.

Kyungsoo’s first, current and future love is the space. He’s astroual. He never fell in love with anything else than new celestial discoveries. He even promised himself to propose to the Horsehead Nebula one day.  He has to admit he has different plans from the rest of the population but there was no fun in toeing the line.

Truthfully, he’s terrified. He studies planets and stars enough to know what the faith of humanity is and more people should be informed about it because it’s all but beautiful and fun. 5 billion years. That’s how much time is left to humankind. 5 billion years until their stars dies. It’s alarming and he feels like he’s the only one who realizes. They could literally disappear at any moment if a massive asteroid were to collide with their planet. Landmarks were so friable. What was the point of having any? He prefers having them in the constellations. It’s safer. More eternal. Because that’s all he is not. Safe and eternal. It’s something very ironical how he’s scared of the future but spends his time looking at the past. That’s what astronomy is. It’s studying  the past, because when you look at a star or a galaxy that’s a billion light years away, you’re seeing it how it was a billion years ago. It might be already dead. And that’s also very sad so Kyungsoo tries not to think about his landmarks being already gone.

He only hopes the stars will want of him when humankind completely rejects every bits of what he is left.

**

He is in the middle of explaining to a very religious couple the Big Bang theory when one of his employees comes to his rescue by letting him know somebody wants to talk to him. He respectfully excuses himself to the couple before disappearing in his office to take the call. The voice at the other end is raspy and haughty. It’s one he now knows more than well. The contractor has been calling him almost every week now and every time, Kyungsoo hung up on him. There is no way he is going to sell the planetarium for some apartments complex to be built on the site instead. The planetarium is his home. His landmark. If it disappears, Kyungsoo does too. He knows he doesn’t have the money to argue with the millionaire but he still hope, every time he sees a shooting star, that the man will simply give up on his chaotic plan. He won’t. That’s why he calls so often, to update Kyungsoo on how things are going. How the city will soon approve of his plan. How his planetarium will be crushed down. How beautiful the complex will be. How futuristic his plan is.

And oh how Kyungsoo doesn’t give a single about all the business talk. He’s never cared less about making tons of money. Money was no use if the earth was to disappear, the universe on the other hand, could be very useful.

‘’I already told you Mr. Kim, I am not selling the planetarium. There’s no use in trying to convince me.’’

‘’You know what they say, every man has his price, you will have to accept that you don’t have the money to go against me.’’

‘’I already know that, but unlike you, I have good intentions and the planetarium is an escaping that people cherish a lot. Have you seen the little kids when they leave? They can’t wait to come back. Have you ever visited, just once?’’

‘’I don’t have time for childish things like this.’’

‘’ You don’t have time for science? Well that’s a bit contradictory, you see.  Science and money rule this world, Mr. Kim, if you want to achieve anything you will have to master both and not only the economic part.’’

‘’You’re wrong on a thing, sciences exist because of money. Just wait when the city gives me the green light to demolish that loss of time of yours. You have to stop living in a dream, Mr. Do. This is real life.’’

He hangs up. For the first time, Kyungsoo isn’t the one ending the conversation. Well, we are progressing.

Kind of.

He sits back into his chair with a sigh. For how long could his dream live on? A week? A month? A year?

He wonders why the owner of the planetarium is taking so long to call him back. Wasn’t he bothered by the fact a crazy business man was trying to shudder his planetarium to the ground? Why is he the only one fighting for it? Why is he the only caring?

A female staff softy knocks at his door, before announcing they are going to close in five minutes.

If humanity’s faith is so tragic then the planetarium’s one isn’t hard to guess.

A part of him wishes aliens abducting is a real thing.

Disappearing doesn’t sound so bad.

Extra-terrestrials were most definitely smarter than humans. They aren’t destroying their own planet, at least. Being one of those micro organisms on Mars was another solution.

Where does he sign up?

**

The moment he sets a foot in his apartment, a content sigh escapes Kyungsoo’s lips. It’s funny how whenever he comes home, nothing matters anymore. He has a real talent for completely ignoring all the problems in his life once he is home.  All that matters is the vast universe and his thoughts. He does have friends, but as it often happens, they drifted apart. Each too caught up with their own life and problems. Kyungsoo isn’t really good at keeping in touch either. Which definitely didn’t help.

He lives a quite comfortable life, his apartment bigger than most and well located so he can see the stars every time city lights were less bright than the stars. He could afford trips every now and then. Not that he went on any trip in the last ten years but the possibility is there. Five years ago, he gifted himself a brand new telescope. One with such a good zoom he could see Jupiter’s and Saturn’s very clearly during summer. Saturn was harder to find but not for someone like him. He knew it was in the Ophiuchus constellation even though he sometimes had to refer to his sky map. Of course, finding Saturn, Mars, the Moon or Jupiter isn’t his main distraction. Those are already easy for him. His main goal is a bit different.

All those luxuries were things he slowly couldn’t afford anymore ever since his boss started paying him less and less. He isn’t the type to really complain about money but his employees, most of them were still university students, complained a lot about it and threatened to leave. For their sake, Kyungsoo did his best at sharing a bigger amount with them and left countless messages to the CEO who vanished without any warnings for more than two months now. He found his boss very irresponsible for never calling him back as well as terrible at management. At this pace, Mr. Kim would successfully tear down the planetarium without the CEO even noticing. It was his fault if Kyungsoo had to deal with the contractor and dealing with people was something he deeply hated. He was good at staying calm but inside he was just like the Earth’s core. Boiling.   

After taking his shower to get rid of the stress he makes himself dinner and heads to the living room where a chair is set in front of his telescope. It’s his routine, to eat on the chair, his legs folded against his chest, his plate or bowl depending on the night, awkwardly balanced on his knees as he looks every now and then into the telescope in hope of  finding a new planet. If a fifteen years-old could do it, so can he. He already had a name in mind for his future discovery. Spes. He found it very fitting since that’s what he was looking for. Hope.

He can’t help hoping Spes won’t be discredited because of by Elpis’s existence.

Shortly after 10pm he starts washing the dishes and goes to bed to dream about the life he could have had if he wasn’t born as a human.

Of course, his dreams are full of humanity since people can only imagine what they already know, saw or can refer to. Just like humans can only explore a small part of the universe because of our position in the space and because 95% is made of dark matter and energy which are invisible to our eyes.

Or like colors, humans have only three type cones they could use to treat the visual information but what if we had more? What undiscovered colors could we see? There were so many things we’re clueless of only because our five senses are limited.

That’s what he dreams of.

Being more than a human.

Being important.

He, too, wished his disappearance would leave catastrophic repercussions.

**

The CEO of the planetarium finally gives a sign of life three weeks later. Much to Kyungsoo’s joy. He pays an unannounced visit with another man Kyungsoo never saw but can guess the identity just by the way he looks around and stands.  He is no other than Mr. Kim. The last man he needs to see at the moment. Kyungsoo almost wants to ask Mr. Kim to stay outside and wait for a meteorite to fall on his head, but it’s too unlikely, sadly. From what he can distinguish from his spot, the two men are talking business and that’s not good at all. Didn’t the CEO listen to his desperate messages to save the planetarium?

The anger always threatening of exploding is boiling inside him again. At this rate, he’s sure he has a whole solar system inside him.

He can see the staff members silently asking him to talk to the CEO about the wages reductions. He curses himself for accepting taking over the manager position back then. It was obvious now that the previous manager hadn’t left because he was too old, but because their CEO was the worst.

Lost into his self-hate and regrets, he almost misses the gesture his boss makes his way, asking him to come over. He mentally swears. There was no way he would stand close to that arrogant business man.

Responsibilities force him to walk toward the duo against his will, though. He’s whipped.

He fakes a polite smile as he greets his boss but doesn’t even make an effort for the contractor.

‘’Mr.  Kim.’’ He simply says.

‘’Mr.  Do.’’  The man has the nerves to answer, a smirk on his lips.

Kyungsoo never saw his face before but it doesn’t help the man’s case when he does. He is ugly, tall and too skinny. Compared to him, his CEO looks like a model. Kyungsoo curses his genes for being so small. He wished he was taller so he could leave a bigger and more serious impression on people. Between his boss and Mr. Kim, Kyungsoo looks like a child. All his life people repeated and tried to comfort him saying he was smart, and that it made up for his lack of height. He learnt the harsh way that they were wrong. Being smart wasn’t always a good, useful thing.

His boss starts enumerating random facts about the planetarium to the man who obvious couldn’t care less as he almost yawns in his face. And that throws Kyungsoo off.

‘’Would you like coffee Mr. Kim? I can see you had a rough night.’’ He couldn’t care less about the look his boss is giving him, he finds more satisfaction in the surprised one of the business man.      

‘’Kyungsoo, can I talk to you for a second?’’ The CEO asks.

Well yes, that’s all he was asking for, for more than two month now.

The manager follows his supervisor to his office, where they can calmly discuss without risking being disturbed. 

‘’ I know you’re not happy about this but please show some respect to Mr. Kim.’’

‘’I don’t understand how you can give up so easily. Why do you even listen to whatever he has to say? You didn’t even answer any of my messages and now you suddenly show up, ready to give the planetarium away. Does the planetarium mean anything to you?’’

‘’Why is it so precious to you, Kyungsoo?’’ The CEO asks with soft eyes, calming down after his small outburst.

‘’ It’s everything to me. More than you can even imagine. I can’t let you of throw it away because you’re no longer interested in it. You just can’t do that. Is it so unimportant to you?’’

The taller man shakes his head, a sad smile on his lips.

‘’The planetarium is also my home, I grew up coming here, but people aren’t as interested as they were before. They have internet to find their answers. That’s why I found another home. You should too. Try to move on.’’

‘’ I won’t. I will fight for it since you’re not willing.’’

‘’ Don’t be irresponsible, Kyungsoo. We’re both young. We shouldn’t get attached to things like this. It makes us lose money.’’

‘’I thought you were different. You didn’t seem like the greedy type.’’

‘’I’m not, but this isn’t paying off.’’ He reaches to hold Kyungsoo’s arm but the manager is quick to move out of his grip.

‘’Don’t. That time of our lives is over now. I let you touch me that night. It’s over now. As you said earlier, move on.’’

The CEO’s face suddenly hardens.

‘’Why are you so stubborn? Give me a reason I shouldn’t sell the planetarium.’’

‘’Because the universe won’t forgive you.’’

There’s a long pause where they both look at each other with obstinacy. The taller man seems to be searching Kyungsoo’s eyes for answers and reasons not to give up. And while he hopes to face a weak Kyungsoo, he only meets the hard and determined look into the manager’s eyes. There is no way he will change his mind easily.

‘’Fine. I’ll give you two weeks to prove me and Mr. Kim that the planetarium is worth it. Do we have a deal?’’

‘’ Yes.’’

**

He regrets his decision the second he realizes all it implies. Although it’s in his nature to give up, the urgency and need for the planetarium is stronger at the moment. The temptation to thank Mr. Kim for being such a great motivation is also very strong.  

He spends an hour going from room to room with the two men, explaining the most interesting details and trying to make it the most entertaining he can. The failure to get their attention is evident by the way Mr. Kim isn’t even trying to hide his yawns anymore and by the fact his boss doesn’t dare to look at him. Deception is what he feels first. Deception because he couldn’t show all the love he has for the space, his attachment, and his passion because he was too worried about being boring. He’s also disappointed in his superior for not helping him. And mad at the contractor for being so narrow-minded.

Unfortunately, most people were narrow-minded.

If he couldn’t convince two men, how could he keep the planetarium alive?

The desire to give up is strong after his first defeat but his personal desires, for the first time, take over the rest.

He will do everything in his power to keep his home.

**

Ironically, he is now the one harassing the business man to listen to what he has to say. He hates being in a vulnerable position but sometimes you have to bend to bounce back. That’s how he made it so far. He isn’t convinced of his fighting abilities but at least he has good strategy skills. The perks of being smart finally paying off. It would be easier to convince his boss first but in all honesty, he has no will to discuss anything with the man. The less they talk, they better he feels. But the more he thought about it, the more obvious it became that it was his biggest chance to win.

His boss even has a soft spot for him ever since he hired him.

What a great advantage.

 He still needs to find valuable arguments against the financial factor. But that, he could find later.

 With his legs loosely hanging off the couch, an astrology blog opened in one of his tabs, he dials the number of his boss.

He half-expects him not to answer him, as his proved talent, but he finally does just before Kyungsoo gives up.

‘’How can I help you, Kyungsoo?’’ 

‘’When’s your birthday?’’

‘’My birthday? Why are you asking about my birthday at eleven in the evening?’’

‘’Just answer my question.’’

‘’January the 14th. Why?’’

‘’Oh, you’re a Capricorn. Like me.’’

‘’Am I?’’

Kyungsoo can almost picture him smiling while going through random papers he hasn’t filled yet. For a brief second, he feels a rush of negligence that allows a moment of softness.

‘’Are you working late, tonight?’’ He finds himself asking without thinking.

‘’Yes. Why? Worried about me?’’

‘’No. About the planetarium.’’

‘’Of course.’’ The man laughs, care-free, as Kyungsoo is a long-date friend. ‘’ What do you plan on doing to convince Mr. Kim?’’

‘’I plan on convincing you first.’’

‘’Mh, not a bad plan, too bad you spoiled it. I heard you’ve spammed him a bit in the last days.’’

‘’I might have. I don’t regret it, though. He needs to see the light.’’

‘’You hate him a lot, don’t you?’’

Kyungsoo thinks for a while. Does he really hate the man that much? Sure, he was trying to force them out. But how much did he really hate him?

‘’I don’t know if hate is the right word. I like the planetarium and that’s all I’m sure of. But I also know that you should be on my side and helping me.’’

‘’I am on your side. It’s not because you don’t see me directly helping you that I’m not.’’

‘’Then you’ll have to be a bit more obvious about that.’’

‘’I didn’t see you as the I-want-things-to-be-obvious-and-easy type.’’

If the man wasn’t his superior Kyungsoo would have definitely sworn at him. Soft spot or not, he still has to stay respectful. He certainly didn’t like the way he was being made fun of, but again, he would have to let it go.  

‘’Goodnight.’’ He sharply finishes, hanging up before he can hear the answer of the other male.

He hopes he will be forgiven this small affront.

**

Two days later, an annoyed sigh leaves his lips as he parks his car in the employee’s reserved section. There is a now familiar car parked in his usual spot and he does not like it. That man was doing everything to annoy Kyungsoo. That was the only explanation. Nobody could be that clueless.

On top of the business man’s insolence, today was the day where high school students were visiting the planetarium.  Kyungsoo didn’t mind informing elementary school kids because they were generally genuinely interested, but high school students were all over the place, only a small group actually listening to his words.

He was sure they would successfully embarrass him in front of the man he had to convince.

Just great.

Nobody greets him when he walks in, not that anybody usually does, but today he needs some comfort. And coincidently, almost none of his staff can be found.

Mr. Kim is sitting in a chair in the entrance, his phone in front of his eyes, as he reads whatever document he has to read. At the sound of footsteps he looks up to see Kyungsoo walking in.  

‘’Ah, Kyungsoo! You’re finally here.’’

Kyungsoo grunts in his head. Why now of all time?

‘’I don’t think I’ve ever allowed you to call me by my first name?’’

‘’Your boss does, though. I haven’t heard anybody else call you that. Any special reason?’’

‘’He’s my superior. I can’t do about what he decides.’’

‘’Oh, a little aggressive, aren’t we this morning?’’

‘’Maybe it has to do with a certain somebody parking in my spot?’’

‘’That’s a shame. You should fire that person.’’

‘’Oh trust me, I’d love to. But he’s not working for me.’’

‘’Tragic.’’

‘’You don’t look very busy for someone who has a complex to build. Lack of results?’’

‘’Don’t worry yourself about such a trivial thing. Business is going amazingly well. Unlike others.’’

‘’We’re doing more than fine, I can assure you. Some schools will arrive in an hour.’’

‘’Promises to be thrilling.’’

‘’Just watch me.’’

‘’I always am.’’ The contractor ends with a smirk that annoys Kyungsoo even more.

Why does he have to look so sure of himself all the time?

**

At the end of the day, what the teenagers enjoy the most is the constellation room, which is also one of Kyungsoo’s favourite. He did surprisingly well compared to that time were he toured his boss and Bob the builder.   

He doesn’t know if it was enough to impress the contractor but he likes the small smile he sees on his superior’s face when he walks pass him, a group asking about the chances of an asteroid falling on the Earth, trailing behind him.

The students were oddly more interested than what he was expecting, referring to his past experiences. It’s both unexpected and pleasant to know that more people were starting to get interested in the universe.

 He is starting to have faith in humanity.

And in winning.

**

He is giving instructions to his staff before finally heading home when the CEO silently approaches him from behind. He knows by the way his employees tense and don’t dare to look behind him as he talks.

‘’Kyungsoo. Can I talk to you?’’ That was something they seemed to do a lot these days. Funny how he didn’t even know of his boss was capable of such a thing some weeks ago.

‘’Sure.’’

He gives his final instructions before returning everybody’s freedom.

‘’What do you want to talk about? How well I did today?’’

His boss smiles at his boldness.

‘’Yes, you did very well today. But that’s not what I wanted to talk about.’’

‘’Oh, what is it then?’’

‘’There’s a solar eclipse scheduled for this afternoon.’’

‘Yes, that’s right. I’m surprised you even know about it.’’

‘’I manage a planetarium Kyungsoo, I need some basic knowledges.’’

‘’Not necessarily. Mr. Kim manages house building but he has no knowledge about what home really feels like.’’

His boss completely ignores his comment and goes on to his point.

‘’Do you plan on watching it?’’

‘’Of course I do.’’

‘’Alone?’’

‘’If you are about to ask me to watch it with Mr. Kim to convince him I’m warning you, I won’t let this man ruin my night as he ruins my days.’’

‘’That’s not what I was going to ask. Do you want to watch it together?’’

‘’What? I told you we wer-‘’

‘’I know, I mean, only as friends. Or coworkers. Colleagues on good-terms, you know? You said you were going to convince me first.’’

Kyungsoo weights the pros and the cons. Not that they are many pros but he likes to believe he’s a fair person.  

‘’….At my place?’’ Brain is a funny organ.

‘’Sure. I’ll meet you there. I still have some things left to do. You haven’t moved, right?’’

‘’No, same place.’’

‘’Okay, see you then.’’

**

Fretting over such a matter isn’t in Kyungsoo’s nature. He and his boss used to hang out from time to time before his superior decided he was only good for a one night stand. Kyungsoo never accepted that it did hurt him a bit more than what he likes to believe. Maybe that’s why he thinks it’s easier to love the stars. He knows they love the way he talks about them, and blush at all his compliments without ever returning the love but he can wait. One sided loves weren’t exactly his thing either but he was hopeful, one day, his love will be returned.

As he eats quickly and early to make sure he doesn’t have to do it with his boss, Kyungsoo goes through the constructions law of the government. It might come in handy when he decides to sue the building contractor. It’s always better to know your rights and not only rely on a greedy lawyer who lost his first-hand beliefs about fairness the second he realized it didn’t work that way in the business. The contractor might be right about one thing. Money really did rule the world alone.

Unfortunately, that’s precisely what he doesn’t have.

**

His to-tall-for-his-likings boss arrives shortly after Kyungsoo is done eating. The pinhole they were going to use to watch the solar eclipse, already set up since they don’t have special glasses to watch the eclipse and need their eyes for at least a good 50 years. The screen is still flashing and exposing his recent readings. Which doesn’t go unnoticed by the man who smirks at his researches.

‘’Getting informed, aren’t you? Shouldn’t I be the one looking at this?’’

‘’You should, but you won’t. Plus, I’m sure you have enough money to get yourself a nice lawyer, while I don’t. And talking about money, please stop reducing the employees salaries, I can’t handle any more complains.’’

‘’You’re so welcoming it makes me wonder if you ever stop biting.’’

‘’I didn’t bite yet, only barked.’’

‘’I might think it’s personal.’’

‘’It is.’’

‘’Save your energy for your real enemies. Like Mr. Kim.’’

‘’The whole world is my enemy. Anybody threatening nature’s work is worth my hate. ’’

He knows the man is about to answer something but he stops himself when he sees Kyungsoo adjusting his telescope.

‘’Is it starting?’’ He asks while rising from his seat to walk over to Kyungsoo.

‘’Soon.’’

‘’It’s been a while since I took the time to watch any special astronomical happening.’’

‘’You’ve been living wrong then.’’ Kyungsoo fetches his laptop from the table where it was exposing all his secrets and look up the predict time of the solar eclipse. He can feel a presence watching over his shoulder which disturbs him a bit, he must admit.

‘’You know.’’ God, does he ever stop talking?’’ I heard you weren’t so comfortable about me calling you by your name. Is it true?’’

‘’You and Bob really talk about insignificant things. Are you really close?’’

‘’Bob? Who’s Bob?’’

‘’Mr. Kim.’’

‘’He’s not called Bob.’’

‘’Oh, I know. If he really was, I’d have way too much fun.’’  His fingers quickly dance on his keyboard as he looks for more information on the NASA’s official site, half-listening to what the CEO has to say.

‘’ Why don’t you call him by his name then? He calls you Kyungsoo.’’

‘’I never allowed him to.’’

‘’I allowed you to call me by my name but you always avoid saying it. Even my last name.’’

‘’Well, it would be bit awkward if I called you by your last name, wouldn’t it?’’ The look he gives the other man is meant to be provocative but fails to be as all that can be seen in his eyes is discomfort.

‘’You called me by my name before.’’

‘’You just said it, it was before. I learnt my lesson with you. No means yes, a look means I want you and thank you means goodbye.’’

The taller man looks down in what Kyungsoo interprets as a shameful manner.

He thinks he’s finally done talking and that they will be able to go on in silence but again, the man proves him wrong.

‘’Are you, by any chances, interested’’ He pauses. ‘’ In Mr. Kim? I mean, he’s young and good looking.’’

Kyungsoo wants to look at him like he’s crazy but changes his mind just before his facial expression twists into a disgust one.

‘’I can’t fall in love with anyone.’’ You broke me gets lost in one of the many galaxies inside Kyungsoo, far, far away from Milky Way. Light years away.

Milky Way’s access is too easy and humans too advanced with technology.

‘’Why not?’’

‘’It’s useless.’’

They fall in an awkward silence just like the one space is bathing in. It’s a silence that makes you uneasy, uncomfortable. One that makes you wish any noise would break it.

The start of the solar eclipse is what vacuums into a black hole the awkwardness in the air and replace it with excitement and fascination.

It might not be the most impressive way to watch it but it surely is the most intimate. Not that they needed intimacy. Kyungsoo is just very good at avoiding crowds.

 His boss stays silent the whole time and carefully listens to Kyungsoo’s safety advices.  When he finally lets the man next to him look at the pinhole he does with a hint of pride. He personally never gets tired of those sights, and the fact they happened extremely rarely and were only viewed from some regions on the planet made the whole event so much more precious.

Kyungsoo misses the look on his superior’s face when the latter turns to look at him, his eyes softer than usual, and a small smile on his lips. All Kyungsoo sees at the moment is nature’s beauty. But what he also fails to realize is that, that smile and those soft eyes are also rare and precious and are directed at him as he is the spectacular sight.

Shy fingers reach out to touch his shoulder, almost sorry to disturb him while he is so focused.

‘’What is it?’’ He asks without tearing his gaze from the white paper sheet on the ground.

‘’Thank you’’ He hears a gentle goodbye. ‘’And I don’t mean goodbye this time.’’

Oh.

‘’What does it mean this time, then?’’ Finally, he turns to look at the man whose features are lost into the sudden darkness of the room.

‘’It means, I hope there’ll be a next time.’’

‘’Don’t put pressure on nature-‘’ He abruptly stops his sentence before making a mistake. It’s too late, though. He knows the CEO caught on.

‘’You were going to say my name, weren’t you?’’ 

Why does it feel like he’s always saying his name in his head? Why was it going to flow so easily out of his mouth? He never allowed that either.

Why is he slowly losing his self-control?

He wants to believe it’s because of the eclipse since it’s the only answer he is ready to accept. He was carefree and distracted because of the event. That was all.

But then…why was a name he buried further than into GN-z11, the oldest and farthest galaxy found to this day, so nearby now? 32 billion lights years were not enough?

Visibly not.

 Did he mistake the nature of it? Was it not an exoplanet but an asteroid drawing closer to Earth and mostly, into his system?

The collision was unavoidable. One of them would break in pieces depending on the size and speed of the space rock.  

 He can almost hear the Mission Control Center’s workers warning ‘’Asteroid Kim Jongin is drawing dangerously close. Collision with Do Kyungsoo in less than an hour. ’’

Kim Jongin is either one hell of a meteoroid or an abysmal black hole. Theirs is no in-between possible with someone like that.

Why does it look like he is meant to lose, no matter what he does?

Time, he needs time.

**

 

 

Hopefully you like this first chapter!

Thank you for reading and like I always say, please leave comments! I love to hear about your opinions/ thoughts on the story! <3

I apologize about all the mistakes, I'm not a native english speaker and since this was written for my friend who usually edits for me, it would be a bit awk for her to do it for her gift! If anyone is interested in editing my fics though, that'd be really nice! If not, just reading them already means a lot.

-Lyli