My Homeland

My Homeland
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun was never particularly interested in classical music, but after listening to Sehun's endless ranting about how amazing that Mozart piece he just found is, he decided to give it a shot. Or two shots. Sure, listening to Für Elise five times on a warm Sunday afternoon isn't something you would expect from a K-Pop fan, but Baekhyun just had to admit Sehun was right - classical music IS pretty awesome.

To be honest, Baekhyun had never expected to have a playlist on his phone dedicated to Antonio Vivaldi, and if you told him two weeks ago that he will set Mozart's K545 as his ringtone, he would probably laugh at you. But things happen, and soon was Baekhyun so immersed in classical, he stopped watching Korean pop culture completely - not that he or Sehun, his roommate, minded - classical was way better anyways. Baekhyun really admired the musicians and even considered taking violin lessons ("I can teach you!" Sehun offered, but Baekhyun declined knowing his friend couldn't play violin for ), but he didn't know any (better than Sehun) violin teacher and besides, looking for someone required too much time that could be spent for example listening to My Homeland.

 

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

 

"What the , man! You interrupted the best part!" Baekhyun yelled angrily at his roommate, who just stood there, Baekhyun's headphones in his hand, and smiled as if nothing happened. "Shut up and listen to me, will you?" "No thanks, go call Jongin if you want to rant about how amazing that composer/director/music shop owner Do Kyungsoo is. Besides, you would kill me if I interrupted your daily dose of Bach, and you expect me to stay calm when you ruined Moldau? MOLDAU, SEHUN?" Baekhyun snatched his headphones from Sehun's grasp and and turned around to face his computer once again, ready to hit the "replay" button. "Listen to me, kiddo." "Who the are you calling a kiddo? I'm two years older than you, just so you know." "Oh I apologize Baekhyun-hyung," Sehun said, sarcasm evident in his voice. "I just thought you'd be interested in tomorrow's concert, but since you have so little free time, I guess I'll have to give the ticket to someone else. Well enjoy-" Sehun stopped talking to take a look at Baekhyun's computer screen "-Moldau? I think seeing it tomorrow at Seoul's concert hall would be better. Bye, Baekhyun!" With that, Sehun turned around to exit the room, but was knocked to the ground by Baekhyun, who was now standing above him, Moldau paused for the second time that day. "What did you say?" "Uh...okay...Baekhyun-hyung?" "No no no! About the concert I mean. Tell me!" "Oh so now you're interested? Too bad I am not anymore," Sehun said with a smug grin. "Nooooo, Sehun, please please tell me! I wanna go there! Please!" "Okay, if you insist," Sehun said with a satisfied smirk (he just managed to turn the bossy Baekhyun into a whiny Baekhyun - and that was always funny to watch), "They will be playing My Homeland. The. Whole. Thing." Baekhyun's jaw dropped to the ground. "Oh my god, I've been waiting for this for ages! Yes! Finally! And I thought I'll have to go all the way to Busan for next month"s performance! Thank you thank you THANK YOU SEHUN! And now, details, please!"

 

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

 

And that's how Baekhyun found himself standing in front of Seoul's Concert Hall Building the next day. He checked if his suit is flawless for the umpteenth time and upon finding that it is not stained nor crumpled, he finally entered the grand building. He left his jacket in the cloakroom and after having his ticket checked by a friendly staff member, he followed a group of strangers to the concert hall. When he finally found what could be the best seat he could hope for - on the balcony, right in the middle of the row - he looked up only to be met with what could be the finest work of art in the entire South Korea. The ceiling was decorated with gold and bronze flowers, their offsets entangled and leaves shining, and the chandelier was so big yet so delicate and Baekhyun just wanted to look at it forever. By now the hall was filled by people and all of them waited for the start of the performance. After a few minutes the lights dimmed and musicians came to the stage. They bowed a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter