Will you be my girlfriend?

What is love?

 

// IN WAITING ROOM //

 

“Annyeo-” she began to say before someone bumped into her side.

 

“Ya! I told you not to play around,” Changsub scolded.

“Okay okay,” Sungjae pouted before turning around to apologise.

 

“Joesonghabnida,” he said as he bowed.

“Oh it’s okay. It was an accident,” she smiled.

 

A short silence filled between them as Sungjae stood in awe by her beautiful smile and browny grey eyes. It was only when she made the gesture that she wanted to pass through that he snapped out of it.

 

“Oh right..” he mumbled before stepping aside.

 

She walked into the waiting room and greeted everyone.

 

“Oh,” Peniel said in surprise, “Jieun?”

“Ne, annyeonghaseyo Oppa. Long time no see,” she said.

“Yes it’s been so long. How have you been? Come sit down,” he patted the empty chair next to him that used to be Sungjae’s.

“I’ve been good,” she nodded as she sat down in the chair.

“Why are you here?”

“I’m here for the mv filming,” she answered.

“Oh, so you’re the trainee acting as the main girl of our mv,” Eunkwang chirped in.

 

She nodded silently as she looked over at Sungjae who was still standing by the door. He blushed when they made eye contact. Feeling embarrassed, he pretended to be interested in something on the floor, rubbing his shoe against the cement floor.

 

“You’re a cube trainee now?” Peniel asked in shock.

“Yeah..” she said as she bit her lip feeling a little embarrassed by the attention.

“Chukhahaeyo,” Peniel said as he patted her on the back.

“How long have you been a trainee?” Minhyuk asked.

“Just a few months.”

“Jieun and Sungjae please come and get ready please,” a voice called out from outside the waiting room.

“I’ll go prepare for the filming now,” she stood up and said bye to the other members.

“I’ll be back, hyungs,” Sungjae said as he tagged along behind her, shuffling his feet.

 

The remaining members scattered around the waiting room, leaving their imprints on chairs and sofas, settling in because they knew it a long and tiring day was ahead of them.

 

“How do you know Jieun, hyung?” Ilhoon asked in the midst of practicing his rap.

“Hm?” Peniel responded as he took off his headphones. Turning away from his computer, he looked at the curious eyes of the five other members. “She’s a dongsaeng from my hometown. Her brother was a close friend of mine, but I haven’t really kept in touch since I moved here.”

 

// MV FILMING SET //

 

“Sorry about earlier,” Sungjae apologised in attempt to start a conversation.

“That’s alright. I wasn’t hurt so it’s okay,” Jieun reassured him.

“So how do you know Peniel?”

“My brother was his friend back in the States.”

“Ah.. Are you close with hyung?”

“No, I was only ever the ‘my best friend’s little sister’, so we never really hang out, not alone at least.”

 

Sungjae nodded in silence.

 

“Jieun! Sungjae! Come here to get your outfits!” a stylist called out.

“Ne!” Jieun and Sungjae responded, rushing over to the stylist.

 

Sungjae sat on the edge of the couch, waiting for Jieun to finish changing. His eyes wondered around the intriguing set. The mv set imitated a cozy bedroom. There was a large double bed, with a white metal frame, leaning against the centre of one wall. The pale mint coloured couch that Sungjae was sitting on, was placed against another wall. A polished coffee table was placed on a muted white rug. The colour of the coffee table remained Sungjae of Jieun’s alluring eyes. On the far side, positioned opposite of the couch, was a dining table of the same material and colour as the coffee table with two chairs were neatly tucked under the table.

 

Jieun walked towards the mv set, arms behind her back so no one could see her fidgeting fingers from being so nervous.

 

“Sungjae and Jieun! Come over here!” the director called out.

 

Jieun and Sungjae walked over the the director’s desk.

 

“So the first scene will be at the dining table where the two characters are eating, having a good time, feeding each other etc. Okay? I need you two to act like someone who is together with their first love. Act cute. Act shy. Be in love. Got it?” the director clapped his hands, concluding his instructions.

 

Jieun looked at Sungjae nervously. She kind of regretted taking up this mv filming offer. She agreed because it would be a great opportunity for her to learn and gain experience but now she wasn’t so sure that she could do well. It wasn’t the first time she had gotten herself in this kind of situation. Jieun is the type of person to agree to anything if she saw it was an opportunity to learn something new and gain experience. It was only now she felt the burden and pressure of being the main female character. 

 

“What does being in love feel like? What does it look like? How do I express being in love?” Jieun thought to her self. She hadn’t been in love before. Not even anything close.

 

Sungjae sensed Jieun tense up beside him. He looked into her shaking pupils.

 

“Gwenchana,” he comforted her as he took her hand and lead her towards the mv set.

 

He stopped in the middle of the fake bedroom and faced her. Still holding her hand, he pulled her in to his embrace. He wrapped his arms around her. Jieun’s arms dangled beside her as she stared blankly at the wall of the mv set in shock. Her head rested on his shoulder.

 

“Wha-” she began to say.

“Shh,” Sungjae hushed her as he gently the back of her head.

 

She tried to wriggle out of his arm, but his arms tightened around her waist.

 

“I love you, Jieun. Will you be my girlfriend?” he whispered in her ear.

 

 

A/N: Hi guys ~ I'm back but this time with Sungjae from BTOB :) Make sure to comment below! Enjoy! x