Where it all began..

The Idol Daddy's Diaries

“Twins?” The blonde male stood just a few inches shorter than Jiyong and only a foot or so away from him; his dark brown orbs looking up at the taller male with such bewilderment. “You want to adopt twins?” His slender fingers massaged at his temple. Daeho wasn’t so sure of this idea. He loved the girls just as much as Jiyong did, however how could they take on such a responsibility. Jiyong had only recently returned from his mandatory military service, he still had his music career, whether he decided to return to making music or not, there was still a lot up in the air. “C’mon, babe.We’ve taken care of them before. We’re financially stable, why not start the next chapter in our lives. Building a family.” Jiyong was desperate to convince his lover. He adored those girls so much, he couldn’t bare to watch them drift into a system that might not even care for them or at worst ship them off to another country. “We can do it! Don’t you trust me?” Giving one last crack at it, Jiyong pulled out the puppy dog eyes hoping his bait would be taken.

 

“They aren’t puppies, Jiyong. these are humans.. Don’t give me that!” Daeho huffed turning his body away from the other male. If he had to admit it, the eyes would work so easily on him, who wouldn’t fall for that face after all, but not this time. It was all too serious of a conversation to fall for a puppy dog expression. “Living, breathing humans. They will depend on us for food and shelter, and comfort and I don’t know what else. We don’t know the half of what it takes to take care of babies.” Jiyong was quick to chime in, following Daeho around the apartment as he seemed to be picking up the place in a sort of stress coping mechanism. “There’s my mom, and Dami. They can help us! I’m sure they would be happy to do so!” There was just so much excitement in the taller’s voice.

 

Daeho was forced to stop all his movement when Jiyong grabbed him by the wrist and forced him to take a look at him. “Look.. babe. We can do this. We’re ready. I’m already 30.. You’re going to be soon. We’re at a place I think we could really be ready for this.” Jiyong smiled and Daeho slightly frowned. “We have this place. We have two extra bedrooms, but we’ll only need one right now.. They won’t need separate rooms for awhile. We can make the extra room into a playroom or something.” Daeho swallowed hard, his brow furrowed in thought and worry over the whole thing. Jiyong seemed so sure of himself but Daeho worried how good of a parent could he be, after all he didn’t have much to really go off of. Jiyong of course could see the distraught and worry. He knew what worried Daeho so much and yet he wasn’t sure how else he could reassure his lover. Faith and trust was going to have to be enough, at least for now; at least until he could prove to Daeho that together they could do it.

 

Jiyong took both of Dae’s hands in his own, and squeezed them gently, “Dae. we have this. Yes, once we make the decision it’s permanent, no going back. But we have a support system to help us. My mom and my sister wouldn’t have a problem, and I’m sure some of the guys at my company would be able to give advice and help and what not, yah know? And your friends too! Trust me. We have this..” Jiyong smiled gently, leaning in and gently brushing his nose against Dae’s causing the smaller to give a little chuckle. “When have I lead you wrong huh?” Daeho sighed gently, more so in content and agreeance. “Maybe once.. Or twice.” Dae teased, a gentle smirk pulling on his lips. With their disposition shifting into a lighter mood, Jiyong could tell he was getting somewhere with this. “So what do you say?” He asked for confirmation. Daeho slowly nodded his head, “Yeah..” Was all he could get out before Jiyong squeezed the male in a crushing embrace with such excitement. He even went so far as to pepper his lover’s face with kisses just about everywhere. “Yah! Yah! Calm down, you wet dog!” Daeho laughed. “Don’t get too excited we have to fill out the papers and get approval first. Your mom may have fostering rights with them right now but we’re talking about full on adoption.” Jiyong’s smile never left his face, he quickly nodded, “I know! I know! Not too excited. I promise. Maybe. This is going to be great!”

 

_________________


Now let’s take a little step back here. That’s me. And My boyfriend, Daeho, about a year ago. Yeah.. a year. That’s when this journey began. There’s probably a lot of gaps here, but bare with me. I have to remember how all of this went down, and I’m telling you daddy brain.. is worse than hangover brain. You think you got it all together and then bam! Life smacks you in the face with some reality.  

But anyways, the twins we're talking about here are Misun and Minyoung. A few months prior to this exchange my mom had taken in a pair of infant twins from the state system to foster until a forever family was found. You see we don't have very large orphanages around here so sometimes the state takes volunteers to look after the children, especially higher maintenance children, giving a little bit of a stipend in exchange. So my mom took it up, she liked being a homemaker afterall, thus this really was no big deal to her. Little did she know when she volunteered to do this, that someone so close to her would fall in love with these little girls.

When I first met the girls I was hesitant, it was weird being my mom's baby and then there's two actual babies come into the picture. It was weird, but when I got use to it, I started to visit as much as I could. You see I love kids, they're so adorable. I've always wanted some of my own. Coming to see the girls was like having your own kids without the responsibility; it was the trial time. Especially the very few times my mom needed me to watch them when she was running an errand; of course they were usually asleep for this. But one time Minyoung woke up while my mom was still gone. I was scared when she did, I had no clue what to do! I knew I couldn't leave her there, she would cry and wake up her sister, so I picked her up. I cradled her tiny frame in my arms, and she simply made herself comfortable against my chest. Oh gosh did I fall in love with those little girls. It was like this paternal instinct kicked in to make sure she was protected and safe. It was probably from that day I started to really ponder the idea of keeping them as my own.

So uh yeah, that's pretty much how we got here, with now teething, drooling, crying, sometimes mischievous 2 year old little girls.