1/2

He Likes Boys!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

     It was by sheer coincidence that Yoo Jeongyeon met her new favourite human being on the entire planet earth—her former favourite was the Korean super model Kim Jaewook, but nobody had to know that. She usually kept her crushes to herself. With her short bob-haircut and nonexistent s, most people took her for a young pretty boy or a lesbian. Both terms never offended her. Jeongyeon was aware of how tomboy-ish she acted at times and that her older sister—the house’s princess—was much prettier and—unlike her—very much wanted by both men and boys, whether it was her classmates, Jeongyeon’s classmates or even their neighbours and sometimes—weirdly enough—relatives, Seungyeon took the cake.

 

Sana, her self-proclaimed best friend, once suggested with obnoxious eagerness that they should take dance lessons. At the time Jeongyeon scoffed and spat a rude comment about dancers being good-for-nothing show offs and that most of the boys there—whom Sana clearly intended to date—were totally gay for each other. Her Japanese friend was deeply and dramatically hurt for a—n unnecessary—long period of time.

 

It took Jeongyeon a while to finally corner her Japanese friend during launch break and mend things up between them.

“Are we still mad at each other?” Jeongyeon carefully took a step closer to her pouting best friend, who stubbornly jerked her head the other way as soon as Jeongyeon got in front of her. Sana was insanely adorable, the short haired Korean thought with a smile. “I missed you.”

“Are you still a ?”

“No.” Jeongyeon answered with a serious tone before clearing . “I took the week off.”

Sana burst into a loud disgusting fit of laughter at that and Jeongyeon grinned in satisfaction. They hugged their differences off with a promise of giving the dance lessons a shot.

 

Later on when Jeongyeon found herself awkwardly seated on the waiting bench, feeling out of place and left out, she decided that making her best friend Sana happy just wasn’t worth the torture. The minute they got there Sana loudly announced her presence and people got drawn to her like moths to flame. Everyone looked breath taking even with sweat glistening from their skin and hair strands flying everywhere. The Korean tomboy chose to just sit and watch. She wasn’t exactly a bad dancer but she wasn’t any good either.

Jeongyeon had to admit that the ridiculous prejudice she had of dancers was embarrassingly wrong and uncalled for. They weren’t even close to being simple-minded show offs. They actually worked hard and sought perfection without minding anybody else’s approval of them. They danced for themselves not for the audience as Sana briefly mentioned in one of her ‘Check on Jeongyeon’s short breaks.

One in particular caught her eye. Not because he was the hottest human being Jeongyeon has ever had the pleasure to set eye on, no, that was not it. And definitely not because his smile lightened up the room or because his hair was made of shooting stars and eyes made of the deepest shades of caramel—again most definitely not because of that. It was actually the way he moved that mesmerized Jeongyeon. The breath taking dancer with the y hair and gorgeous smile put a spell on her, she couldn’t move, couldn’t talk—Jeongyeon was barely able to breathe.

He was so smooth, so light on his feet, that he gave the illusion of barely touching the solid ground. He was flying. The beautiful dancer was flying with some sort of invisible wings. Did that make him an angel? Jeongyeon’s angel. The Korean girl smiled dumbly at that thought. Sana was right after all, dancers were truly a catch. God his body, Jeongyeon groaned under her breath. His body was a work of art, a freaking sculpture; and his face—his face was chiselled like a finely-carved Michelangelo statue. Nose perfectly symmetrical, eyes big and daring and lips deliciously full—the kind that curves perfectly into the iest—as well as deadliest—smirks she’s ever had the honour to witness. Jeongyeon pinched herself hard to make sure she wasn’t hallucinating.

 

A couple of songs later the practice finally came to an end. The short haired girl was never more disappointed in her entire lifetime. She refused to budge from her spot even when Sana threatened to resort to violence against her. Who was she fooling the poor thing, Jeongyeon was far stronger. It was amusing watching her try though. The boy with the stellar smile was looking for something—or someone. Almond shaped eyes jumped from spot to corner, desperately eager to find whatever it is that he was looking for. Jeongyeon kept her gaze locked on him as she half-heartedly listened to Sana whine over and over again about how one of the dancers she took a liking to was ignoring her.   

 

“—I mean who does he think himself is Jeongyeon-ah? I’m freaking Minatozaki Sana! Boys would usually kill for me to even glance at them!” Jeongyeon snorted at that. She wanted so badly to say something witty and bring her best friend back to mother earth but a sudden realization made her push the sarcastic retort for later.

“Wait, who are you talking about? Which one?” Before Sana could relieve her worries of her and her best friend fighting over the same guy—which could easily turn into an actual living nightmare—Taemin Lee, their classmate, came to view with a wide grin.

“Hey there pretty ladies, what’s up?”

“My standards.” Sana puffed out her cheeks before giving Taemin her most pathetic face ever; eyes big and teary. “I should seriously rethink of my life choices and maybe even lower my standards a bit.”

“Why? What happened?” Taemin took a seat next to Jeongyeon, curiosity getting the better of him. Thank god Taemin was there, he saved Jeongyeon so much trouble. Now she didn’t have to ask who her friend was gushing over, Taemin was going to take care of that for her.

“I mean I only signed up for this for him to notice me! God I’m so stupid! He got so freaked out when I told him that and refused to acknowledge my existence from then on...” Sana sulkily explained making Taemin chuckle and Jeongyeon roll her eyes.

“So, you pretty much admitted to being his stalker. To his face. What other reaction were you expecting?” Sana whined adorably as she went on and on about how ‘Honesty is the key to a successful relationship’ making Taemin laugh even harder at her naive perception of picking up someone. Jeongyeon took a long breath in, relaxed and happy her best friend wasn’t talking about the boy with the golden skin. She almost thought of giving up on him for Sana’s sake, ‘Chicks before ’ and all. Jeongyeon wasn’t that scared though, because although Sana liked to claim she had high standards, she actually didn’t. Because Jackson Wang was anything but high standards.

 

When Taemin got up offering Sana ice-cream to cool off, Jeongyeon was finally reminded that before all that drama Sana made took place she was actually busy stalking someone herself. The Korean tomboy scanned the room eagerly but to her -like luck found nothing but her mirror reflection staring right back at her. The gorgeous boy was gone, and so was her good mood. She just wanted to get back home, curl herself up into a ball and sleep—fantasies of the y dancer tempting her to hurry the up.

Sana though, had other plans for her. As it seemed she as well was invited for ice-cream even though nobody asked for her opinion. She groaned and made her disapproval of the situation vocal. Taemin laughed her whines off and Sana completely ignored her.  

 

In no time the little squad got to the ice-cream shop, pastel walls and furniture making Jeongyeon feel dizzy. Zhang Yixing greeted them with a dimpled smile.

The Chinese exchange student was a close friend of her older sister, one of the sweetest guys Jeongyeon has ever had the pleasure of meeting. Yixing was very good looking, very polite and very down to earth. He was truly special. A really beautiful boy with a pure soul to match. Zhang Yixing was one of those who glowed and made everyone happy when in their presence. He was her friend Sana’s crush for as long as she could remember. She would have fell for him too if she wasn’t so damn stupid. Jeongyeon was more into dark skinned bad boys and good-for-nothing douchebags. It was both a blessing and a curse.

 

“Good evening guys! How can I help you?” Working in an overly pastel-ized ice-cream shop suited Yixing so well. His smile was bright and contagious, making them all grin widely back at him. They ordered a ‘Patbingsu’ each. Yixing took their order with a light bow before walking back to the counter to make it. The shop was nearly empty, just them and a young couple shyly giggling while making googly eyes at each other.

“Kawaiiiiiii!” A lovesick Sana whined in Japanese, her eyes never leaving Yixing’s figure.

“I thought you were over him?” Jeongyeon questioned and Taemin chuckled.

“I can never be over Yixing oppa! How dare you say something like that?”

“Excuse me? What about Jackson?”

“Jackson who?” Taemin blinked dumbly in confusion for a whole second at the younger girl’s serious expression. “Exactly. Now shut up and appreciate how gorgeous Yixing oppa looks in his pink apron! I’m so not gonna make it for my thirties! I swear he’ll be the death of me someday! Oh my god! Look at those damn dimples! Nooooo!” Sana whined and whined until both Taemin and Jeongyeon tuned her out and refused to engage her in anything they discussed from then on. Soon enough Yixing was back to their table with three deliciously cold treats and a mouth-watering ice-cream sandwich for himself.

“You look so tired Yixing oppa! Are you okay?” Leave it to Sana to be unabashedly rude to her long time crush. Jeongyeon kicked her best friend under the table and Sana was fast to give a vocal reaction. “Ouch! Why did you kick me?” Jeongyeon gave her wailing friend a look before laughing the question off.

“Sorry oppa. You know Sana, the girl has no filter.” The Chinese male simply nodded with a small smile.

“It’s fine. Is it that obvious though?” The younger three nodded in unison. He did actually look tired—and maybe even stressed out a bit. He had dark circles under his eyes, and with his porcelain white skin they took an even darker shade. “I just...Jongin and I got into a fight last night.”

“Again? This is your second fight this week.” Taemin reached his hands to take Yixing’s pale ones into his.

“I know. It was my fault though, you know how he gets around this time of the year.” Both girls were intensely trying to figure out what they missed and who this Jongin was. This name has been mentioned before in their presence but barely anyone cared to fill them in on who this person might be. From what they understood he was close to both guys, and had a bad temper. Because there was no way in hell Zhang sweet Yixing would start a fight with someone just for the heck of it. Sana already made up her mind on murdering said person in the cruellest way possible.

 

“Who’s Jongin?” Jeongyeon couldn’t help herself she just had to know who this mysterious guy was—even her older sister didn’t know last time Jeongyeon checked.

“Yixing hyung’s flatmate.” Taemin was fast to answer, and for some reason

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter