Chapter 2

Graffiti
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Irene watches as two other cop cars roll up to the designated building at the same time as her and Chorong. They’d taken the same car, not wanting to waste gas. Two familiar figures exit their respective vehicles.

“Taehyung and Onew, right?” Irene says.

“Yeah.”

Irene unbuckles her seatbelt and climbs out of the car. It’s a bit chilly as it’s the beginning of fall, and she curses whichever group of idiots decided to mess up her date. She walks up to the two men, Chorong following after her.

“Hey,” Taehyung greets.

“Let’s just get this over with,” Irene mutters.

“Someone’s cranky,” Onew says teasingly.

“Wouldn’t you be if this ruined your date with your girlfriend?” Chorong retorts.

The two men laugh. “Right. Sorry.”

Irene lets out a frustrated breath. “Where are they? You two came from the station, right?”

“Yeah. The caller said that he saw them in an alleyway over there,” Taehyung says, pointing across the street.

Irene walks confidently forward. “Let’s deal with them and we can all go home, yeah?”

Suddenly, a crash and a yell echoes around the desolate streets and Irene breaks off into a full-on sprint. Taehyung passes her, reaching the alleyway first.

“Freeze! Police!” he yells.

There're six guys in total. Five of them are ganging up on a smaller guy, and he’s bruised and bloody. It only takes a second for them to react. They all come rushing. The biggest guy takes Taehyung. A tall, pole-like boy comes straight at Irene. Irene watches him calmly. He’s clumsy and has no technique and Irene merely grabs him by the arm, propels him forward, and trips him over her leg. He goes flying past her and onto the street.

Irene turns, only to be met with a punch to the face. Seulgi’s going to kill her. She stumbles, but she doesn’t fall, and just as the boy that punched her comes running at her for another go, she whips out her gun and fires into the air. The boys drop to the ground like flies, and she can see everyone else staring at her.

“Enough of this bull. We’ll take those two. You guys take the rest.”

 

Irene hisses as Wendy dabs the cotton onto the cut on her cheek. It hadn’t hurt at first, but as the initial shock had worn off, it had all come rushing to her like a wave. The door to the station bursts open and two very familiar women come storming in.

Seulgi looks worried, her brows are furrowed and her eyes are searching, and Irene grabs Wendy by slim shoulders and pulls her in between her and the younger woman in a vain attempt to hide herself.

“Hyun!”

“Oh no. Wendy, do something!” Irene hisses desperately.

“Uhm, hi Seulgi! How are you doing?” Wendy says in a voice several decibels too high.

“Is Joohyun okay? No, wait. She’d better be okay. She promised.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter