I. "UNNIE"

CHANCES
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CLARE'S P.O.V.   "Clare... Clare, wake up." I felt someone shaking my shoulders.   "Unnie?" I muttered, eyes still close.   "Yes, Clare. I'm home." I heard that familiar voice and in instant, I shot my eyes open.   "Soojung unnie!" I sat up and hugged her.   "Yah, you missed me huh?" She said hugging me tight.   "Of course!" I released the hug and stared at her.   "What?"   "Nothing, I... Just really missed you."   "Awww, come here little princess." She slightly pulled me beside her and wrapped her arms around my shoulder. In reflex, I laid my head on her shoulders.   "How long?" I asked, a hint of sadness in my voice.   "2 months, probably the whole summer..."   "Sica unnie?"   "She's supposed to be having the break for a year but there's a sudden change of schedule and they moved it down to 5 months."   "You're suppose to be the one who's having the 5-month break." I slightly whispered. Slightly nervous that I'm staying with Sica unnie alone for 3 months.   "Yah, she got excited you know. She said she missed you."   "Miss me? Eh? Now, where is she?" I asked pouting.   "Where is who?" I heard another voice.   "Sica unnie?" my face brightened up.   She's standing by my door, her arms wide open.   I jumped off the bed and ran to hug her.   "I thought you won't miss me..."   "Who says I miss you?" I joked.   "Yah..." she crossed her arm and pouted.   "Awww, You're not cute... By the way, who wants ice cream?" I asked.   "Ice cream? On 4 am?" Krystal unnie asked.   "Your fault. You woke me up." I said and ran behind Sica unnie to hide.   "You little brat. Come here!" Krystal unnie shouted.   "Yah, Krys. It's 4am. Not too loud..." Sica unnies said.   "Bleh haha..."   I ran to the hallways and heard them talking.   "Hay, she's already grown up. I checked the fridge. She can even buy her daily groceries." Sica unnie said,   "But she's still our princess. Kaja?" Krystal unnie said.   "CLARE JUNG SOOJIN!" They both shouted.   ***   "Flavor?" Sica unnie asked.   "Minteu chukolet chipeu aiseu keurim..." I said.   "Yah, You can speak english fluently duh. The accent doesn't fit you." Krystal unnie teased.   "Stop teasing, I'm still prettier than you." I teased back.   "Yah, Unnie! Who's prettier?" She said facing Sica unnie.   "SooJin..." Jessica unnie said in a serious tone while chuckling.   "You two, You'll see... But hey, why mint chocolate chip?"   "Yoona unnie's favorite... AND, I like the flavor too."   "You two are really that close huh." Sica unnie said.   "Ne, she visits me here when she has no schedule. She teaches me your dance steps and when I'm tired, I'll sing and she'll dance. Krystal unnie once joined us, right?" I said, not looking at them, too focused on the ice cream.   "Oh.." I heard the sudden change of tone and I expect it. It was always like this.   "Uhm, uh. Clare, you need to sleep now. I'll just wash the cups. It's still early, we could do shopping later okay?" Krystal unnie said.   "Ah ne unnie. Morning!" I said and kissed Krystal unnie on the cheeks.   "Soo-" I know she's gonna call me but I ran upstairs, not wanting to hear about her promises. Promises I know she'll break.   ***   I yawned and stretched my body. I felt someone beside me. When I opened my eyes, I saw Krystal unnie smiling at me.   "Morning..." she said.   "Uh, Good Morning unnie.." I sat up and hugged her.   "I wish your break would be extended for a year..." I added.   "It's sad to see the fans waiting..." she said.   "And not me, eh?"   "Of course, It's sad for us to leave you alone here too. But we're not leaving you alone literally right. We always stay here after our schedules and would just stay on the dorm if needed."   "But you'll be home like 10 or 11 pm... and would sometimes leave early in the morning."   "I know it's hard but you understand, right?"   "Ne.."   "So... wanna go shopping?" She asked.   "You sure your manager won't scold you?"   "Uh-huh... the mall nearby is a little bit private though."   "Yay! Uhm, I'll just prepare."   "Sure, princess. We'll wait in the dining room."   "We?"   "Jessica unnie."   "Ah..." was the only reply I had in mind.   "Not used on going out with her?"   "Yeah, you know..."   "She's just too busy. You know, SNSD."   "But, let me ask. You're at the same company. You're both idols. You're both at the same profession. But why is she always the one who's busy? Why aren't you the one who's being called always?" I said finally looking at her after getting my towel at the closet.   "Why? You don't want me to be the one who's always with you?" she asked.   "Aniyo, that's not what I mean..."   She looked at me, signaling me to continue.   "I... I just really... miss her."   After I said those words, we heard a glass broke. We went to see what happened. My door's slighly agaped and she was in front of it picking up the pieces of glass.   "Uh, s-sorry... I.. I w-was just passing by..." she was stuttering, her hands shaking as she was about to pick the glass.   "You heard it all?" I asked, stopping her from picking it up.   "Uh, Ani." she stood up not looking at me but at Krystal unnie.   "I'll just... I'll just go get some newspapers so I don't have to pick it up."
And quickly she go downstairs.   "She was listening right?" I asked.   "I don't know..."   "Come on. We both know her."   "Does it matter if she heard it? She'll soon know it too."   "Will there be a difference?" I said, my voice slightly cracking.   "She'll find a way, Soojin. I know her."   "And I don't? Nothing will change, unnie. Nothing." I left her and went inside my room.   I took a bath and right after, I sat on my bed, not knowing if I'll face them or what.   After minutes of staring on nowhere, I heard a knock.   "Come in..." I said, lying down. I faced the window after I heard the door click.   "Clare?"   "Yes?" I felt another weight on my bed and I smelled that familiar scent. I knew it was her.   "Yes Sica unnie?"   "I heard it all..."   "I know. You're my sister. And I know if you're lying.""   "I'm sorry..." she whispered but enough for me to hear. That's when I face her.   I sighed, "Forget it. It doesn't even matter. Let's go..."   I picked up my phone and my hoodie. For some instances, they thought I was Sica unnie.   "Soojin..." she called.   I turnned around and she suddenly hugged me.   "I miss you so so much..." She kissed my forehead and released the hug.   She was crying. I was just like a fan who was shocked to see her crying. I seldom saw her cry.   "Unnie..."   "I'll be in my room. I'll go down when I'm ready."   And with a split second, she's already outside my room.   "Clare? Oh my gosh, why are you crying?" Krystal unnie entered my room and quickly hugged me.   "U-unnie... Did I h-hurt her t-too much?" I mumbled.   "Ani, she understands... Sssshhh, ssshh... I'm here, okay?" she kissed the top of my head and wiped my tears.   "Clare?" someone was shouting downstairs...   "Clare! It's me!"   "Omo, Shin!" I ran outside and greeted her with a hug.   "Sorry for coming here early in the morning. She said she wants to see you." Fany unnie said.   "Oh my, Thank you,
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter