The First Date

The First Date

“You did what?!?!?” Dahyun looking a little flustered “What gives you the idea that I want to go” Chaeyoung just laughed at her.

 

“Oh don’t even pretend you don’t want to go” she gave Dahyun an evil grin “Look it’s just one meal and better yet it’s free” she waved around a coupon for an expensive restaurant. “I know you’ve been wanting to go for weeks and this date is just a reason to go”

 

The older girl sighed “Fine I’ll go, but I need to at least know who I’m going with!” she grabbed the coupon from the younger girl's hand, she studied the ticket carefully “also how did you manage to get these? They only give these kind of tickets out to special guests”

 

Chaeyoung ignored Dahyun’s question and instead brought out her phone, swiping through to find a picture of the mystery date “ah ha!!! There she is!” she exclaimed facing her phone towards Dahyun.

 

“Well at least she’s cute” She said taking the phone, her eyes widened when she saw the mostly hidden birthday badge on the girls chest “SHE’S 3 YEARS YOUNGER THAN ME!!!”

 

“Oh just go on the date will you?” Chaeyoung said “it’s been set up and I don’t want to have to explain to the poor girl that you didn’t want to go with her, it would break her heart” she put on her best puppy dog eyes.

 

Frustrated Dahyun finally agreed, not before more arguing ensued however, it took Chaeyoung at least another half an hour before she convinced her friend into go.

 

---------------------------------------

 

It was an hour before she had to go out and she was already fully dressed in her best slim fit black dress and her makeup done. Maybe she was more excited about this date than she thought she would be, after all it had been years since she went on a proper date, though at the same time she was nervous because the girl was so much younger than her, that and all the rest of the girls from TWICE were teasing her relentlessly because Chae couldn’t keep shut.

 

She pushed any negative thoughts to the back of her mind and grabbed her things to go out, making sure she had the coupon Chae gave her. She hailed a taxi and told him the address, the ride took less than 10 minutes.

 

When she arrived she saw her date and had to do a double take “Oh my god! She is gorgeous” she thought. She was getting more nervous with each step she took closer to the angel before her.

 

She had below shoulder length Brunette hair with bright orange tips, she had the most wonderful brown eyes and she was wearing a similar black dress to Dahyun.

 

“Somi? Right?” Tapping the girl's shoulder causing her to jump a little.

 

“Yeah” turning around fully, Dahyun then noticed she was taller than her, “You must be Dahyun, I’ve heard a lot about you” Smiling playfully “Should we go inside?”

 

The older girl noticed she was staring and shook her head “Yeah of course, after you” motioning for her to go ahead, they got seated and ordered some drinks while they decided on what they were going to be eating (nothing alcoholic since they are still underage).

 

“So how do you know Chaeyoung?” The older girl asked, taking a sip from her glass.

 

“I've known her for a few years, we were trainees together” Somi replied “she's my best friend, how about you? Well other than being in TWICE with her”

 

“Same actually, we were trainees together, I'm surprised we never met actually” she replied somewhat shocked.

 

“Do you have any cute nicknames then?” The younger girl asked.

 

“Well… Just one” she replied. “Dubu, the girls back at the dorm use it occasionally”

 

“Awwww that's a cute name” she giggled to herself “Dubu, I like it”

 

“Now spill yours!” Dahyun exclaimed with burning cheeks.

 

“Vitamin, my family calls me Vitamin, because I'm so lively” the younger girl replies with pride.

 

“Vitamin…” she pondered. “I like it! It’s catchy and cute”

 

It was the younger girls time to blush now “Stop it, you’re making me blush”

 

“Awwww Vitamin” Dayhun teased making Somi puff out her cheeks “okay okay I’ll stop” she laughed

 

“So do you like this place?” Dahyun asked, looking around at the fancy décor and glancing at the menu, which was rather varied having both Korean and western foods.

 

Somi takes a long look around and faces her date smiling “it's nice I'll be honest and say I've never been to a place so fancy”

 

“That isn't a surprise though, you're still young” smiling back trying not to make it obvious that the is quite large between them at this age. “Do you see anything you think looks good?”

 

The young girl pauses for a second “Since they have some western food, I'll have a burger” she pointed at a really tasty looking cheese burger.

 

“Mmmmm looks good” taking a long look at the burger, trying to keep herself from staring at Somi “I might try this Spaghetti thing they have”

 

“Ooooh Spaghetti is really good” she exclaimed “I used to have it a lot when I was living in Canada”

 

“You used to live overseas?” Dahyun said with a hint of curiosity in her voice.

 

Somi shifted slightly in her seat looking uncomfortable ”Yeah…. I.. uh.. I'm not all Korean” with a weak voice.

 

Dahyun immediately apologised “oh no no no, I didn’t mean it in a negative way” She reached over and held the younger girl's hand in her own, almost as if they had known each other for years, she seemed to relax at this “Stuff like that never bothered me in the slightest” Giving her the warmest smile she could muster.

 

“Thanks, I used to get teased about it a lot back at school, I got called all sorts of nasty names” The younger girl explained, not even noticing that neither of them moved their hands.

 

The waiter came over and took their orders, and while they waited for their food they sat and they laughed and joked and got to know each other pretty well for a first date, all through it they still didn’t move their hands, even after they noticed.

 

“Do you have any cute nicknames then?” Somi asked.

 

“Some of the girls call me Dubu” Dahyun admitted “they say it's because of my pale skin”

 

The younger girl fakes taking a closer look “hmmm… I can see the resemblance” Both girls share a laugh with each other

 

After a short while their food arrived and they were forced to let go of each other's hands. “Mmmm this is really good!” Through a full mouth Somi explained.

 

Dahyun just laughed trying not to talk with food in , once she finished her mouthful she said “You really shouldn’t talk with your mouth full” sounding serious but immediately after she had a huge grin on her face, unable to contain how cute she found the girl who was 3 years her junior.

 

They sat and made the same lame jokes for the next 20 minutes while they ate their dinner and started getting ready to leave, Dahyun gave the tickets over to the person behind the counter and they both left the restaurant.

 

Dahyun offered her arm out and the younger girl entwined herself with her, holding on tightly. “Would you like me to walk you home?” She said knowing the answer already.

 

The dinner had gone great, whatever worries Dahyun had before had dissolved completely thanks to this angel named Somi.

 

They walked in a very comfortable silence, with the exception of the directions from Somi for a while, happy to be in each others presence, Dahyun was the first to break the silence. “I can't believe how worried I was about tonight,” she said “it's been the best night I've had in a long time”

 

The younger girl blushed “Really? Thanks,” she started to sleep down to a stop “I've really enjoyed tonight as well”

 

Dahyun turned to face the girl with a quizzical look “why are we stopping.”

 

“This is my stop” the young girl answered, though she made no move to leave her date. “I had a great night” looking into Dahyun's eyes

 

“Do you want to go out again?” Dahyun said with hope in her voice “This Friday?”

 

Somi smiled softly “of course” she went in to give her senior a hug. The remained in that position for what seemed like forever, neither girl wanting to let go.

 

Dahyun was the one that went in to kiss the girl on her soft cheeks, leaving the other girl with burning cheeks.

 

Not wanting to let go but knowing that they couldn’t stay like that forever so she broke the hug “Good Night Vitamin”

 

“Good night Dubu” she left her date, looking back every few seconds and waving until she got to the door.

 

Dahyun watched her go into her apartment and stood there for a few minutes gobsmacked at how perfect that girl is.