Chapter 2

By Your Side

The two walked around the streets and looked for an ice-cream shop. They finally found one and get one for each of them.

"The members are coming already right?" Hanbin asked.

"Yeah, I think they'll arrive tonight." Jinhwan answered.

That evening, Jinhwan and Hanbin went around every shops and buy some accessories and things that they like. They both walked side by side with Hanbin's hands on Jinhwan's shoulders as usual or sometimes Jinhwan just linked his hands around Hanbin's arms. Both of them felt happy with each other's presence. Hanbin felt extremely happy because he got the time to spend it together with his hyung. It's been a long time since they went out together, only the two of them. The feeling Hanbin has for his hyung was more than a brotherly love and he knew it. He just chose not to push his limits and ruin their friendship that they had.

Jinhwan couldn't express his happiness right now. Hanbin's always busy since they debuted. He just stayed in the studio and the two of them don't even have time to go out with their busy schedule. So, the fact that he got the chance to go out with Hanbin today was precious and he loves it a lot. It's been so long and he missed it. Jinhwan has always been in love with Hanbin but he tried to deny it and tells himself that it's just an admiration for the younger's hard work and determination.

They went back to their place when Jinhwan told Hanbin, he needs rest. Both of them seems to be enjoying their time so much that they forget how much time has passed. It's already a little bit dark out.

When they reached their place, the members already arrived.

"Hanbin hyung and Jinan hyung is back." Chanwoo shouted.

The members turned and greeted them.

"Yah Kim Hanbin, you should rest. Why were you going out?" Bobby scolded.

"I just went and have some ice-cream." Hanbin grinned.

"Hyung, feeling better? June and Donghyuk asked almost at the same time.

"Yes, don't worry." Hanbin answered.

"Yah kid let me see your eyes. What even happened? I was worried to death when Jinan hyung called." Yunhyeong stated.

"Hyung, I'm fine now. It's just a little bit of a pain. I'll go see the doctor tomorrow." Hanbin smiled.

The members just gather and talked the whole time, just like they haven't seen each other for years. There were laughter and many shared memories between their conversations.

"Let's go to bed, shall we?" Yunhyeong told the members. "It's getting late now."

 It was around 3 in the morning when they decided to go to sleep. Each members drifted off to their respective rooms after saying goodnight to each other. Hanbin was still sitting and smiling while looking at s. Jinhwan saw him and asked him what he was smiling about.

"It's nothing, hyung." Hanbin said. "I just feel a little bit relaxed. I haven't had a day like this in such a long time. You know, hanging out with you the whole evening and talking with the members about everything except work. I feel happy."

"We're all very happy, Hanbin-ah." Jinhwan smiled. "Let's go to sleep now. I'll go with you to the doctor tomorrow. Wake me up."

"Thanks, hyung. You're the best."

Jinhwan just smiled and went into the room and Hanbin followed him behind. Moments later, both of them were fast asleep since they had a really long day.

The next morning, Jinhwan was up first and looked across to see Hanbin still sleeping soundly. "I thought Hanbin would have to wake me up" he said himself and chuckled. He walked over to Hanbin's bed and shake a bit to wake him up.

"Hanbin wake up"

"Whyyyyy hyung it's still early" he whined.

"It's not anymore you brat, you have to go see the doctor too, remember?" Jinhwan stated.

"10 more minutes please"

"Okay okay fine"

Jinhwan decided to take a quick shower before he has to come and wake Hanbin up again.

Hanbin was up after 5 minutes later and looked around. He was surprised because he could open his eyes a bit and it doesn't hurt that much. A little later, Jinhwan came out of the bathroom.

"Oh you're up? I thought I would have to wake you up again and wait for eternity." Jinhwan teased.

"I'm not that horrible, hyung." Hanbin pouted.

"Stop pouting, you'll never look cute." Jinhwan teased again.

"But you still love me though right?" Hanbin raised his brows and asked.

Jinhwan was a bit taken back from a sudden question like that but acted like nothing happened and answered a fast "you wish" before turning around to walk away to hide his blush.

But Hanbin didn't give up and pulled his hyung and tackled softly onto his bed.

"Don't lie yourself, hyung. You find me cute and that's why you're always taking care of me." Hanbin said cutely. Now, it is Hanbin's turn to tease his red faced hyung. Jinhwan's heart was beating fast looking at Hanbin and he don't know what to answer anymore.

"Do I like him? Do I find him cute? Wait, is it that obvious now?" he was filled with thoughts in his head. He get up fast to sit on the bed and cleared his throat softly.

"Shut up, I take care of everyone." he finally said.

Hanbin put his hand onto his chest and acted like he was hurt while saying "Ouch, I thought I'm more special to you." he fake cried. Jinhwan just smiled while shaking his head and looked at Hanbin.

"Your eyes are still red. Does it still hurt a lot?" Jinhwan asked when he noticed it.

"Just a little bit, not as much as yesterday." Hanbin answered. "I think I'll be fine after I go to the doctor and take some meds."

"Yeah, now go wash your face or take a shower quickly." Jinhwan demanded. "Manager hyung will come in 15 minutes, we'll be late."

"Okay mom" Hanbin teased and get up from bed to go to the bathroom. Jinhwan just smiled and walked to his where his clothes are to change.

After some time, they were already in the car on their way to the doctor.

 

"You'll be okay after you take some meds." the doctor stated. "It's not very serious. But you will need a lot of rest. Don't focus on things too much with that eye." he pointed at Hanbin's red eyes.

"Okay, doctor. Thank you." Hanbin replied with relief because his eyes wasn't in a very bad condition.

Hanbin knows he will get scolded by Jinhwan if he ask the next question but he still did anyway.

"Will it be okay for me to perform tomorrow at this state?" Hanbin tested his luck because he really doesn't want to miss the concert.

"Hanbin no. You can't do it. I will not let you." Jinhwan cut in and said before the doctor could answer.

"But hyung-"

"No buts Hanbin. You need to take care of yourself."

Hanbin still didn't give up and looked at the doctor with eyes full of hope. Jinhwan was annoyed. The doctor only laughed looking at the both of them.

"If your eyes aren't as red as now, you can perform. But only with your eyes covered. You won't be able to do much on stage though." the doctor said.

Hanbin was now smiling widely. Jinhwan literally wanted to kill Hanbin for asking that question in the first place.

"Don't worry, Jinhwan. I think he will be fine. I know you want him to rest but if he really wants to, I'm just saying it will not worsen his condition as long as he take his prescribed pills." said the doctor understanding Jinhwan's worry for the younger.

Jinhwan only nodded, still not liking the idea of Hanbin performing. They both now said goodbye to the doctor and left the room to where their car is.

Jinhwan didn't speak to Hanbin all the way. Hanbin knows he was mad. He thought about starting the conversation but he knows Jinhwan will only get angrier so he stayed quiet. When they got back to the hotel, the others ask how it went but Jinhwan went straight into his room without answering anyone so the boys know something is wrong. Yunhyeong grabbed Hanbin's hand and asked what happened.

"I'm fine, hyung. I just need to take some meds."

"Then why is Jinhwan hyung being like that?"

"Well… that's because I kinda asked the doctor if I could perform tomorrow and the doctor said yes."

"You're lucky you came back here alive." Yunhyeong said knowing how mad Jinhwan gets when a member is being stubborn without listening his concerns

"Should I talk to him?" Hanbin asked.

"Yeah you should."

"But I'm afraid he will get mad with me."

"It's Jinhwan hyung we're talking about here. He can only be mad at you for a minute. Plus, he understands you more than anyone else so I'm sure he will forgive you."

"Okay, I'm gonna go to him."

"Okay. Me and the other boys are gonna go shopping for a while. I don't think Jinhwan hyung would want to come with us at the state so we'll be leaving first." Yunhyeong said and waved him. Hanbin waved him back while heading to his and Jinhwan's room.

Hanbin knocked before going in. He doesn’t know why he did it but he knows he was really nervous and scared to talk to Jinhwan. When he went in, he saw Jinhwan lying on the bed facing the wall. He walked over to him and stand beside the bed not knowing if he should sit down at the space beside Jinhwan's or if he should just go to his bed and not talk to him anymore.

Jinhwan heard the door knocked and he wasn't sure who it was but when he heard someone coming his way and stood without speaking a word, he's sure it was Hanbin.

"Hyung, I'm sorry." Hanbin apologized. "It's just that I don't want to miss the performance. I don't want to let the fans down."

"I know you're mad but please say something."

"And I know you're not sleeping hyung. You can't fall asleep that fast."

Jinhwan scoffed and turned to face Hanbin.

"I can't believe you. Still worrying about how you will let the fans down instead of worrying yourself." Jinhwan said.

"You would do the same if you were in my place hyung." Hanbin replied.

Jinhwan didn't answer because he knew Hanbin was right.

Hanbin now took a seat at the edge of the bed.

"So you're really going to perform?" Jinhwan asked while getting up from lying down and facing Hanbin face to face, and looked at his eye.

"If it gets a bit better tomorrow like the doctor said, I probably will."

"I really can't stop you huh?" Jinhwan put his hand on Hanbin's face and rubbed his eye with his thumb unconsciously.

why did I do that?

"Stop worrying so much. I think I will be just fine." Hanbin replied and grabbed Jinhwan's hand which was softly rubbing his eye.

There was a silent and Jinhwan felt awkward having Hanbin hold his hand so he lay back down, pulled his blanket up and said he's going to take a nap. Hanbin took the chance and said he will also take a nap and lay down beside Jinhwan.

"Go to your own bed." Jinhwan blushed and pushed him. He was thankful there is a blanket to cover his red face.

"Nope. My side is too bright since it's near the window. My eyes need rest so I'm just gonna stay here because it's a bit darker."

"Then I'll go that side." Jinhwan said trying to get up and go over Hanbin but he felt himself being pulled down by the younger. Hanbin now wrapped his arms around Jinhwan and snuggled him close.

It was not the first time they cuddled or hug each other to sleep but Jinhwan was feeling so nervous. He also didn't know why he is feeling this way. He tried to push the thought of Hanbin holding him close but Hanbin's breath on his neck wasn't helping at all.

"I haven't feel this relaxed for a long time already." Hanbin whispered with his eyes close, putting his head comfortably on the crook of Jinhwan's neck. "I've always been stressed over work. It feels so good now."

Jinhwan only hummed in response.

"Back then me you and Bobby would always cuddle each other and go to sleep every night." Hanbin continued. "I miss our pre debut days."

"We all do, Hanbin."

"But I'm still thankful for the way it is now."

Jinhwan nodded and is now patting Hanbin's head, lost in his own thoughts. Hanbin is treasuring this moment being with Jinhwan like this because it's really rare now. He just close his eyes without really sleeping because this is too precious and he doesn't wanna wake up not having his hyung around anymore.

"Sleep Hanbin." Jinhwan said softly. "I can tell if you're sleeping or not."

"But I don't want to. I know you'll leave me if I fall asleep." Hanbin said it bluntly.

"I won't, Binnie." Jinhwan whispered. "I'll be here the whole time. Just sleep for a while. You need to rest, if you wanna perform tomorrow."

"You promise you won't leave?"

Hanbin doesn't know why he's acting like a clingy kid but he's honestly enjoying Jinhwan's attention and warmth right now to even care.

"I promise." Jinhwan chuckled softly. He knows Hanbin likes to have someone who really cares for him. Even if he's the leader, even if he always act strong, Jinhwan knows that Hanbin is a little bit vulnerable at times and he wants to protect and love him the way he is.

At this moment Jinhwan doesn't want to deny his feelings anymore. He doesn't remember how and when he fell in love with the younger but he is now sure as hell he will love Hanbin and take care of him when things get hard.