Just...for everything

Just...for everything

"Owww" you heard your son shout after the sound of a thumping noise. You quickly ran into the living room where your son watched tv while you washed the dishes.

"Honey, what happened?" You worried.

"Mommy, I fell off the couch and now my knee is bleeding," his lips quivered. He wanted to cry.

"Awww puppy. Here, come with mommy so we can put a bandaid. "

"No mommy, it's okay. I'll put it on myself. I'm a big boy now." He tried to pull off a smile with those quivered lips.

"Okay big boy. You put it on."

Right after he applied the band-aid, the front door opened.

"Daddy is home!!! Daddy!!!" Your son ran towards your husband and hugged his legs. “Hi Daddy”

“Hi puppy! How are you?”

“Daddy, look. I got hurt, but I did not cry. I even put the bandaid on myself,” he smiled as Jongup picked him up into his arms.

“Oh wow, our puppy is all grown up.”

“YUP!!!”

“Hi Honey,” Jongup made his way towards you and kissed your forehead. “I’m home,” he smiled and you smiled back.

As you were finishing washing the dishes, your two boys were watching pokemon, laughter filling up the room.

“Ahh! Haha daddy that tickles,” you can hear Jongup making belly fart noises on your son’s belly. The two later calmed down and continued watching Pokemon. Small chuckles were heard from your son…...once in awhile.  Later, it was quiet. *YAWN*

“Uh-oh. Is puppy getting sleepy? Come on.” He grabbed your son’s hand. “Give mommy a good night kiss and then I’ll tuck you in.” Your son ran to your arms. You lifted him up, letting him peck your cheek. You kissed his back. “Muuuahhhh! Good Night Pup!”

“Good Night Mommy.”

He made his way back to Jongup. “Daddy, can you read me a book?”

“Sure. Which one do you want me to read this time? The
Three little pigs or Goldilocks and the Three Bears?”Jongup carried your son to his room, and tucked him into bed.

“BOTH!”

“Both? Okay I’ll read both.”

.

.

.

.

.

.

“Goodnight, pup.” He whispered kissing your son’s forehead and later made his way to the kitchen.  

“How’s work?” You set your husband’s food on the table.

“It’s okay.” He grabbed your hand, “sorry for coming home late again.”

“Don’t be sorry. Your job is something you really love to do.” He kissed your hand.

“Are you not going to sleep? It’s really late.” He then pointed to his food gesturing if you wanted to have some.

“No thanks. I already ate with our puppy. Also,  I want to keep you company. I’ve missed you,” it was your turn to kiss his hand. He blushed at the gesture.

“Did our puppy really not cry?”

“He didn’t cry, although I know he really wanted to. Awww He’s growing up so fast. Remember when he took his first steps? I feel like that was just yesterday.” You were tearing up.  

He smiled. “He’s so cute. I’m glad he came out like you.”

“What are you talking about? He has your eyes, your smile, your nose. He even has that little mole on his nose just like you.”

“Yeah, but he has your personality. He tries his best not to cry, just like you.” He handed you a tissue,  making fun of you for tearing up. “He loves food so much, just like you. He’s sassy, just like you. And he’s loving, just like you.” He paused, “Thank You.”

“Thank you? For what?”

“I don’t know. Just..for everything.”

“Well...I don’t know what I did, but you’re welcome. Also, thank you.”

“For what?”

“For everything.” You both laughed. The rest of that night was filled with small talks, quiet laughters,….and a few kisses here and there.