Chapter 3: Just when things couldn't possibly get worse.

When two worlds collide

            Silence.

            To some silence might be golden but this was eerie. The silence seemed to echo throughout the entire ship. Milimato slowly peels her eyes open, she seems to be having trouble waking up after the horrible nightmare she just had. 'It felt so real' she thought as she gently massaged her throbbing head. felt like it hadn't had a single drop of water in a week. 'Did I talk in my sleep? Was I screaming?' She blinks her eyes clearing sleep from them when suddenly they start burning, bright lights assaulting her.

            "What's with the lights Lelomato, turn them off." She rasps out as she shields her eyes. After slowly adjusting to the light she looks around to notice white walls surrounding her. She feels panic rising as she strikes out at the walls trying to break the illusion she is sure she sees.

            "No.. Nonono, this isn't real. Wake up Milimato, wake up." Panic fully grips her heart as she feels the pain in her hands where she hit the walls. Her heart races as reality hits harder with each passing second. She slowly flips onto her back.

            Blood.

            "Lelomato, wake up.." Tears fill her eyes. Her words are a whisper. "I said wake up!" She shouts and bangs clenched fists on the capsule door. Desperately she looks for a response, hoping to rouse the lifeless bunny on top of the capsule.

            "Nyx! Wake up, pleasepleaseplease wake uuup!" Not even twitch. Milimato, refusing to believe what she is seeing tries to push open the capsule door with her hands and feet. She has never regretted avoiding working out with Lelomato, until today. She can feel her muscles protesting the unfamiliar strain, aches already appearing. But the turmoil of emotions fuels her desperation. She pushes harder and just for a second, a split second, the door moves, before her legs give out.

            "Warrior, wake up! That's an order!" Milimato tries to move the door again, but her legs lack strength and she flops back down. 'This is pointless'. She no longer stops the tears from streaming down her face and letting her mind take her to a dark place. She covers her face with her right arm, no longer having the spirit to keep the gruesome reality at bay. 'I can't do this, why am I so weak? If Lelomato could see me now she would be so disappointed in me. How could I say those things to her? How could I just stand there and yell? Why did I hesitate to go into the capsule, if only I had done it sooner she would have gotten in her capsule and Bubbles would have closed the doors. She would still be alive..' Her racing thoughts do nothing to help her situation. Her breathing becomes erratic and her heart pounds. 'Look at how pathetic I am, I can't even get myself out of this capsule. No wonder Lelomato was working so hard all this time... Wait a minute.' A tiny ray of hope comes her way, stopping her thoughts cold. 'If I was Lelomato, what would I do?'. She looks around in determination.

            Nothing.

            There is absolutely nothing inside this capsule. Nothing to help her get this door open. A sigh leaves Milimato. She hits her head with her clenched fists, 'Think Milimato, think'. Never once has she been in a dangerous situation she had to solve herself. In the past the only thing she had to be worried about was caring for Lelomato and what book to read next. Knowing how to cook, clean and keep Lelomato on a short leash has not prepared her for a situation like this. 'The door did open a little bit, maybe if I try to push with my body instead of my legs' she thinks before getting on all fours. Milimato takes a few deep breaths before pushing against the door. And even though it starts opening it doesn't get past the point it did earlier. She falls to the ground while panting from the breath she didn't know she was holding, 'I can't give up, not now.' She decides to try a different approach and starts slamming her body repeatedly against the door. She can feel her body protesting, she can feel the pain growing but adrenaline propels her on. The sound of metal hitting the floor startles her and she stops her movements. She waits, listening for another sound.

            "Hello? Is anyone out there?" She calls, hoping that whoever is out there will hear her. But gets no answer, and it is at that moment she remembers the chains. Milimato doesn't waste another second, she closes her eyes and slams her back against the door with all her might and soon enough she can smell fresh air.. the smell of freedom. She opens her eyes and quickly scans the room. There in the middle of the chaos, Lelomato. She races to her and checks for a heartbeat. It may be due to her current state of panic, but she can not locate a pulse.

            "Hold on, I am going to go find help. Just hold on Lelomato." She says before she picks up the flashlight laying on the floor and takes off in a run.

            "Bubbles? Reboot." Nothing appeared to be working on the ship except a few emergency lights, but she decided to try and see if she could at least have Bubbles' backup. As she approached the outside door of the ship she is met with a foreign environment. Milimato slows her pace out of the ship and looks around. Never in her 22 years has she seen houses as big as this. She cautiously steps out into the sunlight and walks down the ramp. She recognises trees and grass, but only because of the similar appearance. She stumbles on a root and looks down, the root is connected to the sprig of grass next to her. She uses it as a support to stand on the tips of her paws to look further. Gazing up at the sky she sees the familiar sight of stars and breathes a sigh of relief. Her contentment is short lived when she realises she does not recognise any familiar conformations. Between the giant landscape and the different sky Milimato knows she is a long way from home. ‘Lelomato, what should I do? I can’t do this without you? Where am I? How do I get home?’ Milimato sighed and turned back to look at the wreck that was Bubbles. ‘I can't leave her inside’. Heading back into the ship she notices a big majestic tree under the ship. Following the hanging trail of green debris upwards she quickly changes her thought from tree to branch. They must have fallen through the tree on their way down. ‘I wonder if that is why Bubbles seems mostly intact and I survived?’ Milimato shakes her head and heads back up the ramp to collect the body of her sister.

            Once inside Bubbles again she heads over to the lifeless body of Lelomato. Putting the flashlight in she pulls her body towards the door. Doing everything she can to avoid looking at Lelomato’s face, Milimato tries to convince herself this is not the end. She reminds herself of the countless days she has spent in the past sitting next to Lelomato looking nearly as lifeless as she does right now, watching her slowly heal. ‘I will protect you this time Nyx! I can be strong too.’ Looking down on her sister’s face it feels like someone has shot her through the heart. She shakes her head and continues on.

            Arriving at the bottom of the ramp she makes sure Lelomato looks comfortable, and standing stretches her back, looking around her surroundings. ‘Where to go? I need to find shelter.’ Lights start turning on inside the house, and Milimato takes this as her cue to start moving again. Placing her hands underneath Lelomato she struggles to get her off the ground.

            "My god Lelomato, how much did you eat exactly?" She grunts out before falling to the ground. She hadn’t come this far for things to not work her way, so she started pulling the other bunny like she had on the ship. Pity she was in for a big surprise.

 

 


☆☆☆


 


            "OMG, what the hell was that?" The boy suddenly jumped at the unknown sound in the backyard.

            "Shut up Younghwan, I am trying to watch this." The guy sitting next to him grumbles.
            "Dude! Did you not hear that? Turn off the TV." Younghwan says while trying to reach for the remote.

            "Take a chill pill, it came from the TV."

            "I am telling you Byungho it did NOT come from the TV. Man, are you deaf or something? It sounded like a crash."

            "I know what's going on.. You're scared!"

            "No I'm not."

            "Yes, you are."

            "No, I'm NOT."

            "Just admit it! You are scared and being paranoid from watching this movie."

            "I am NOT."

            "Duuude, you even picked 'Train to Busan' yourself. Relax, there are no stupid zombies in our backyard." Byungho chuckles.

            "I swear to god I will punch you in the face, I am telling you that I heard sounds coming from the backyard!" Younghwan tries to cover up the fact that he is indeed scared, he can't exactly show his hyung that though or he wouldn't hear the end of it.

            "Ok, let’s pretend that you are right. Let's pretend that there was indeed a sound coming from the backyard. What are you still doing here? If you are not scared it shouldn't be a big deal for you to get off the couch, check it out and grab me a beer on the way back here right?"

            "Of course not hyung, but this is your responsibility as the oldest of this household. So why don't you go check the backyard and I will go grab you your beer?"

            "You are that scared huh?" Byungho starts laughing. "How about I play you for it? Rock, papers, scissors. Ok?"

            "Hyung, we need to check it out, not play some stupid game."

            "Suit yourself, if it is that urgent you go check it for yourself." Byungho states while getting comfortable on the couch again.

            "If we end up being murdered in our sleep it is all your fault." Younghwan mumbles while trying to relax and focus back on the movie. 'This is ridiculous. Zombies do not exist...right?'

            Younghwan spent the next few minutes trying to convince himself that he must have heard wrong, he must have imagined it, it must have been his stupid mind playing a trick on him. For all he knew it could have been the wind, if someone really was after them they would have entered the house by now. But still, the second he saw the credits rolling he jerked up from the couch.

            "FINE! Let's play."

            "Are you still stuck on that? Jeez.." Byungho says while rolling his eyes and raising his hand. "Loser checks the backyard, winner grabs the beers." Younghwan signals with a nod of his head that he agrees and that is all it takes.

            "Rock, paper, scissors." They both say while bobbing their fists and throwing out their choice of 'weapon'.

            "Sorry bro, rock beats scissors. Now off you go." Byungho gestures with his hands for Younghwan to be on his way.

            "Uh.. NO! Best of three!"

            "Seriously." Byungho whispers to himself. "Why don't we both just go and check together huh?"

            "If that is what you want hyung." Younghwan silently thanks the gods that he didn't have to go on his own as they both stand up and head towards the backdoor. Younghwan takes cover behind his hyung, and sneaks peek over his shoulder as the lights are .

            "See, there is nothing there. And especially not now that you waited on checking what it was." Byungho says as he turns around to head back into the kitchen.

            "NO! Look! There is something over there by the tree." Younghwan suddenly grabs Byungho's arm as he tries to point at the foreign object.

            "I can't see anything, now quit being such a and let's watch the next movie." Byungho tries really hard not to show how annoyed he is, but can't seem to keep it all bottled inside.

            "Is...is..is that a bunny with a flower pattern on it?"

            "What kind of ed up bunny is that? Are you crazy? There is no such thing as bunnies with artistic patterns on them unless someone deliberately colored their fur. Jesus ing Christ, remind me not to watch any kind of horror movie with you again."

            "No, seriously! Look! I'll show you!" Younghwan opens the door and starts walking towards the tree.

            "See! I told you! It's a ing black bunny with flowers on it... OMG! There is another one with stars.."

 

 


☆☆☆


 


            Milimato falls on her startled by the sound of a voice behind her, she slowly looks up and she can't stop staring. There in front of her are two gigantic creatures, the likes of which she has never seen before. 'Big head, no ears. What is that on their head? Looks like some kind of fur, but longer and definitely messier.'     Milimato scanned the creature from head to toe. 'Something is covering their bodies, is it armor of some sort? It doesn't look familiar. And their hands... 1,2,3,4,5.. FIVE FINGERS?!' Never once has she read about anything remotely similar to what she is staring at and to be honest, she has read a LOT of books. 'Where the hell are we?'

            The two creatures are looking at her like they are about to devour her and that sparks fear into her very core. Instinctively she starts to shake Lelomato to alert her to the danger.

            "Lelomato, wake up! They are after us. Come on, get up!" Milimato screams as she shakes the bunny at her feet. The limp body shows no sign of movement whatsoever.

            "OMG! OMGOMGOMG! Hyung, did it just talk?" Younghwan lets out a squeal as he energetically starts jumping up and down. Milimato can feel the ground shaking from the gigantic creature jumping. If their situation was reversed Lelomato would probably already have leapt into action and found a way to defeat these monsters, but there was no way Milimato would have the courage, strength, nor the ability to do that. So she did the next best thing.

            She ran. Jumping back to her feet she grabbed Nyx and pulled her body in the other direction.

            "We are going to be riiich! Talking bunnies, OMG!"

            "Look. I am all up for the rich part but.." Byungho pauses while he smacks Younghwan on the head.

            "First of all, one of the weird bunny things is injured, I don’t know about you but I do not have the phone number to a magical doctor that won’t laugh in our face when we call asking for help with talking bunnies. Second, maybe you should check to make sure it is not some little toy a stupid kid left in our backyard. And last but not least, if you still plan on getting rich somehow with talking bunnies maybe you should try to actually catch them because they are about to get away you ."

            "What?!" Younghwan frantically looks around until his eyes spot the tiny bunny getting away dragging it's friend. "What do I do? What if it bites me? Hyung, you catch them." He says while pushing Byungho towards the bunnies.

            "Hey, you were the one that had a brilliant plan about getting rich, YOU catch them. Use your shirt or something!" Byungho states while pushing Younghwan lightly.

            "If I wake up with super zombie rabies, or some other kind of from that bunny biting me, I am blaming you!" Younghwan slowly removes his hoodie before walking towards Milimato. 'It is now or never..', he throws his shirt over the bunnies before he gently tries to lift them up. When there is no movement, he takes a peek inside the shirt.

            "BOO!" Byungho couldn't help himself. Yelling to scare Younghwan while he was focused on his hoodie was an opportunity not to be missed. He regretted it immediately when he was met with a scream loud enough to wake the dead. "OMG! What are you? A BANSHEE?! Calm down! It was me." He says while covering his ears.

            "HYUNG! Don't do that." Byungho says while trying to calm his racing heart.

            "Are you gonna stand there all day, or are you coming inside?"

            Milimato could barely breathe from fright, one second she was on her way to safety and the next she was covered in something dark and soft. She can still hear their voices, but for some reason she can't focus a single word they are saying. 'How did it come to this?' How could it go from eating pies to this... She had always admired Lelomato for being able to stay calm in any given situation. It wasn't fear or panic forcing her to do those drastic things, like setting off a bomb in the mountains, it was the thrill of it that kept her going. Even though Milimato was against violence she secretly admired Lelomato's creative ways of getting out of trouble. Was this all Milimato would ever amount to? A coward that would rather run instead of just standing up for herself. Couldn't she at least stand up for Lelomato? She certainly owed her that much. But, no. Instead here they were trapped in whatever hell this is. One is dead because she sacrificed herself for a coward that is willingly letting herself be taken. 'I bet they are going to cook us and eat us for lunch.' Milimato's train of thought was interrupted by the jarring of being dropped on the ground. She didn't dare to make a move. Lelomato had taught her to be patient, wait for an opportunity and let her instincts take over.

            "Hyung, what do we do?"

            "I don't know, do I look like a bunny doctor?"

            "You’re older so you should be the wiser. That bunny with the stars didn't look too good man."

            "Maybe we should just leave them for tonight, it's late anyway."

            "But hyung, we should probably put some food and water in the aquarium. Do you think they can escape?"

            "Nah, there is nothing for them to climb on, so they can't reach the top. We should probably call Youngjae first thing tomorrow morning, he can help us find the right people to turn to."

            "Yeah, you are probably right. He will know what to do." The voices all sound the same to Milimato, she understand the words they are using. ‘Why is that?’ They are speaking the same language, but there are certain words that are unfamiliar. She didn't fail to hear the part about leaving them here for the night. This gives her time to plan and escape before they return.

            A door closing is all it takes for Milimato's curiosity to peak. She finds a way out of the soft trap that has loosened since she hit the ground. As she crawled around trying to break free she noticed a light shining in the dark and followed it. She reached the opening of the soft dark walls and listened for any sign of the monsters before making a move into the light. Nothing was familiar in the environment. She was not surprised, but she had been hoping for at least one thing to point her in the direction of home. Milimato decided to scan the area before moving Lelomato, it made sense although she never needed to be on the lookout before. 'Why did I depend so much on Lelomato for?'

            Being on your own is scarier than you think, especially when you don’t know what the world and it's creatures are capable of doing. Milimato walks into something hard and gently rubs her forehead. 'Is this glass?' She puts her hand on the glass and follows it. 'Who even uses glass as walls for something? That's stupid.' It doesn't take her many steps before almost walking right into another wall of glass, it makes no sense to her so instead she looks up. Even if there were four bunnies standing on each other they would probably not be able to reach the roof, the walls were too tall and there is a really big bright light stick stuck in the ceiling. 'Those monsters trapped us, but there has to be a way out.. There HAS to.' Looking around she can't find anything besides the soft trap and Lelomato's body, this was definitely not her day. How did it come to this? How did she manage to survive a crash to get herself taken prisoner by dangerous monsters that were reporting to something called Yongae? Yungae? Something. Whatever it was it didn't seem like it was going to be anything good. A loud sigh left the tired bunnies lips, she looked around once more in distress. She still didn't have any idea how she was going to get out of this mess.

            Right now, the only thing she really wants is Lelomato to magically rise from the dead and tell her that everything is going to be just fine. Without noticing her feet has moved her back to the opening of the soft trap. She crawls back inside to Lelomato's body. After touching Lelomato's foot she crawls closer to lay her head on the still chest while wrapping her arms around the lifeless body.

            "I know you can't hear me, but if there is even the slightest chance you are watching me from somewhere, I just want you to know that I am sorry. I am sorry for asking you to quit your days as a warrior, I am sorry for being selfish and not thinking about what you might need, I am sorry for taking you for granted.. I am sorry for not seeing everything you actually did for me to keep me safe. I should have supported you more, I should have spent more time with you during your missions, and not selfishly forced you to do all the things I was comfortable with. I am sorry I got kidnapped, I am sorry that I don't know how to get out.. But most of all, I really just need to tell you that I am sorry you had to waste your life for a scared pathetic little bunny who is probably going to end up dead anyway..." All the feelings she had swallowed from the minute she awoke suddenly hit her with full force, she no longer has the strength to cling on to that little ray of hope. Milimato sobs into Lelomato's chest. She clings onto her for dear life as she tries to find comfort. But no matter how hard she tries, there are no arms that are hugging her back. There are no words coming from Lelomato telling her not to worry. There are no fingers running through her fur and no kisses placed on the top of her head. A noise interrupts Milimato in the midst of her mourning, she lifts her head up to hear better but hears only silence... She places her head back on Lelomato's chest and she hears the sound again. It was the soft sound of a very weak heartbeat.

            "You are healing."

 

 


☆☆☆


 


            Byungho was startled awake by the loud sound of the doorbell, he stumbled out of bed, towards the front door before janking it open. His sleepy eyes pop fully open when he sees the six figures standing in front of him.

            "What the are you guys doing here this early?"

            "Uhm... You.. called?"

            "Guys! You came!" A very cheerful Younghwan shouts from behind Byungho.

            "You called them already? Dude it is 9 in the morning what the actual ? I need coffee..." Byungho states walking away.

            "Don't mind him, he is just not a morning person. Please come in, come in! Boy am I glad to see you!" Younghwan leads the guests into the kitchen where they all gathered around the table to talk over coffee.

            "Okay, so what exactly is so urgent?" The visitor asked.

            "You will not believe this but.. OMG! We were just chillin last night when I heard this sound coming from the backyard. So I decided to check it out." Younghwan says.

            "YOU decided to check it out? Where were you last night? Cause I was there and that is NOT what happened. He” gestures his thumb in Younghwan’s direction, “seriously thought there were zombies in the backyard coming to eat us or something. I had to ing go with him or he wouldn't have left me alone." Byungho grumpily explains.

            "Hyuuuuung! Why did you have to tell them that?" The room is filled with laughter as Younghwan's cheeks turn a light shade of pink. "ANYWAY! We went to check what it was and I saw this little black furry thing.. It was a bunny, and not your regular type of bunny. I have never seen ANYTHING like it. It seriously had flower patterns in its fur. And it seemed to be dragging another that had a starry pattern."

            "Were you guys drunk?" The visitor asked suspiciously.

            "Of course not Youngjae! But that is not even the weirdest part.. It spoke! SERIOUSLY! I you not, it spoke!"

            "You called us over to tell us some made up story about a talking bunny and it's friend?" A deep husky voice now asked.

            "Yongguk hyung, I promise I am not lying. I will show you! We have them upstairs in the old aquarium."

            "What do you need our help with?" Youngjae breaks the current staring contest between Yongguk and Younghwan.

            "Well. One of the bunnies are hurt, we thought maybe you could take a look at it and then help us find a buyer? I mean, two talking bunnies must be worth a fortune right?" Younghwan excitedly asks.

            "You do realize I am not a vet?" Youngjae frowns as he asks, he doesn't know much about treating injured animals to be honest.

            "But you are really smart! I am sure you will know what to do."

            "Are you sure you are not just scared of the bunnies, and want us to do all the hard work?" One of the other visitors snickers.

            "Shut up Daehyun! I bet you would be scared too if you were alone with them." A sharp pain hits Younghwan in the back of his head.

            "Talk respectfully to your elders Younghwan." Byungho lectures.

            "I'm sorry Daehyun hyung."

            "You can make it up to me by showing us the bunnies." Daehyun says while swinging his arm around Younghwan.

 

 


☆☆☆


 


            Milimato woke to a hand gently caressing the top of her head, she couldn't help but smile at the familiar feeling.

            "You are awake."

            "Barely. I feel like someone hit me with a thousand missiles and left me out in the mountains to die." Lelomato’s voice was hoarse but, it was the most heavenly music to Milimato's ears.

            "Are you okay? And what the hell are we sleeping under. It is too soft to be Bubbles."

            "It's not Bubbles, I don't know what it is to be honest. It's a trap of some sort, the monsters used it to capture us when I was trying to get us to safety." Milimato says.

            "What monsters? DID THEY HURT YOU?" Lelomato jerks into sitting position quicker than common sense would dictate and is hit with nausea and an excruciating pain in the head. She falls back against Milimato groaning.

            "Calm down Lelomato, I am okay. I just.. I don't know where we are, and I don't know how to get us out of here. We are surrounded by glass walls and I am really scared, I don't know what type of monsters they are Lelomato. I have never seen nor read anything that is similar to what I witnessed yesterday. THEY ARE HUGE! And one of the monsters said that they were going to call Yange? I don't know.. call something. So we are running out of time before they return."

            "What are we waiting for then? Let's break down the glass wall, can't be that hard." Lelomato says standing up and finding her way out of the soft trap.

            "You need to rest Lelomato, you are not fully healed and don't you dare tell me otherwise. I searched for a heartbeat the minute I got out of the capsule and there was none. I THOUGHT YOU WERE DEAD! I didn't hear your heartbeat until last night after we were brought here."

            Arms were suddenly swept around her in a loving embrace.

            "I'm sorry... I promise I won't scare you like that again, okay?" Milimato managed a nod, she didn't trust her voice to speak. "Come on, let's find a way out of here so we can try and find our way back home. I imagine Bubbles won't be any help..:"

            "I don't think so.. I tried asking her to reboot yesterday but nothing.."

            "It doesn't matter, you are safe and that is good enough for me. Let's see here then." Lelomato touches the glass wall as she takes a look around. There is nothing as far as the eye can see beside the soft black trap on the ground, it is too far for Lelomato to jump and even if she had a rope she doubts she would be able to throw it around the light stick in the ceiling.

            "Well. First of all, there is no way we are getting anywhere near the ceiling that's for sure. Second I need to check out how well this trap works cause I need it to be able to protect you from the glass that is going to break when I kindly jab my fist through it."

            "What about you? Your body is not going to handle new injuries this soon and you know it. Lelomato you need to be careful."

            "It will be fine, I am awake aren't I?"

            "Nyx..."

            "Fine. How about this then? I need you to keep yourself safe when the monsters return. I will get them to open the door to this place and then I will kick their asses. Problem solved."

            "I don't think that is an option... They are not like any creature I have ever seen before. Imagine your gigantic venom spitting bunny, and then TRIPLE the size AT LEAST, and you might have the height of these monsters."

            "They all have weaknesses... Leave the fighting to me, I will get us out of here. But.. I can't seem to find the door..."

            "I think the only way out is through the roof, see the little hatch beside the light stick?" Milimato points.

            "Well .. What if we play dead the minute they show up? They have to lift us up and take us out of this thing at some point and BAM I punch them in their ugly faces while you run."

            "Lelomato that is the stupi.." Milimato's words are interrupted by the sound of a door opening.

            "They are here."

            "Over there Daehyun hyung." Younghwan says as Daehyun walks up to the tank.

            "Milimato play dead NOW." Lelomato barks before dramatically putting the back of her hand on her forehead while falling to the ground, almost as if she fainted.

            "This one is cute! But it doesn't look like they are in the mood to talk." Daehyun chuckles while inspecting Lelomato.

            "I think we should wait for Youngjae before taking them out, maybe then they will talk."

            After a few minutes the sound of a door closing can be heard and Lelomato opens one eye to take a peek.

            "Think they bought it?"

            "For having seen numerous bunnies die you sure don't know how to play dead Lelomato."

            "What was wrong with me playing dead? I didn't move when it spoke?" Lelomato says while pouting.

            "True, but the part where you fell.. Seriously? If it had worked they would have let us out by now." Milimato feels her hope of keeping Lelomato from hurting herself further by breaking the glass slip away.

            "I know you don't want me too, but they did mention that Youngjae thing again.. I think it's time for Plan B before whatever it is shows up and I have to fight all three of them. Because I counted two different voices and then whatever the hell a Youngjae is. I will be careful, okay?" Lelomato reassures the other.

            "I will kill you if you die Lelomato."

            "Sure, you have my blessing to kill me when I'm dead." Lelomato chuckles as she pulls the soft trap to figure out how it works. "What kind of weak- trap is this? I could probably break it with my hands.." She tears it apart with her hands to prove her point. "See... But it should probably be fine if we fold it and put it over you while I break the glass." Lelomato starts folding the now destroyed trap patiently waiting for the lecture on how bad an idea this is. She is mildly surprised when without saying anything Milimato starts helping her fold.

            "Maybe you could tear a piece off and put it around you. One of the monsters had this on as armor last night, before using it to trap us." Lelomato stops to tear off a piece of the soft trap, she has no time to start questioning Milimato's words and odd behavior right now. "There. Now lay down and stay down until I come get you, ok?"

            "I will." Milimato responds determined to not let her tears build up. She feels the soft trap covering her and it gets a little harder to breath but she knows this is only for a short time. Lelomato takes the small piece of soft trap and wraps it around her body before walking up to one of the glass walls. She would never admit it but she already knew it was a bad idea to do this, if the glass cuts her badly she will most likely pass out before being able to get Milimato out of here. But she has to at least try, right? Maybe this thing wrapped around her can protect her especially if the monsters do use it as armor. Lelomato shakes her hand a few times before clenching it. 'It is now or never'

            She swiftly punches the glass wall but nothing happens. She can feel her irritation building while she gathers her strength for the next punch. Still nothing.

            "Break dammit!" Lelomato shouts while letting go of the soft trap wrapped around her before slamming both fists at the wall.

            "Lelomato stop, it's pointless." Milimato crawls out and joins her at the wall.

            "No! It needs to break. Didn't I tell you to stay there until I came to get you?!" Lelomato didn't mean to bark at her, but she is desperate for this to work.

            "I'm sorry... But this isn't working Lelomato. You need to stop." Milimato sits down while silently gazing at Lelomato's frustrated face.

            "I am NOT giving up! " Lelomato says before slowly backing away from the glass before charging at it with all of her pent up frustration and slams her body against the wall.

            "WHY WON'T IT BREAK?"

            "Lelomato.. The glass walls moved.." Milimato states while staring in shock.

            "What do you mean it moved? It's suppose to BREAK not MOVE."

            "Wait a sec.." Milimato jumps up on her feet and walks to the opposite glass wall before looking through it. She notices that they are currently on top of something because there is an edge just outside the glass wall. "Lelomato I need you to slam your body into this side instead, I am keeping my eye on a spot here to make sure that you just moved the glass."

            Without questioning Lelomato ran with all her force towards the opposite glass wall.

            "IT MOVED! See, this side of the wall is closer to the edge than over there. I don’t know how far down it is, but if we can push this over the edge the fall might break the glass, or at least break the hatch open, and we can get out."

            "You do know what you are saying right?" Lelomato cautiously asks.

            "What?"

            "You want me to make us fall, for who knows how far, to break the glass in tiny pieces. I can't guarantee the safety of me, let alone YOU. But I can guarantee the sound will alert the monsters so we will have to get up and run straight away. Can you handle that? I will carry you if I can but, you need to be prepared if I am not able, and you might have to run with wounds covering you.." Lelomato says while scanning Milimato's eyes. "We don't have a choice, and I trust you. We can do this." The determination coming from her words even manages to surprise herself, but there is no time for hesitation because the monsters will be returning soon either way.

            "You listen to me, and you will listen to me carefully. I will wrap you up as good as I can in that armor over there, you WILL stay put and hold onto it tightly when we tip over. IF you get hurt you need to jump to your feet immediately and distract yourself from whatever pain you feel and you run. I don't care where, just run and do NOT look back."

            "But what about y.." Lelomato grabs her head and stares deeply into her eyes.

            "Do NOT look back. Keep running I will be right behind you." Milimato nods and takes a deep breath. "That's my girl. Now. Stay inside this armor until we hit the ground. I might not be able to get this to tip over in one go, so don't come peeking out like you just did."

            "I won’t. Please try to get inside of it when we tip over to cover yourself from the glass."

            "I will try. Now.. Stay there and remember what I said, run.. No matter what." Milimato nods and tightens her grip on the soft trap. Lelomato backs up to the opposite wall before charging forwards again and again and again. Every single bone in her body is screaming in agony, but there is no way she can stop, she needs to make sure Milimato escapes. Every time her body slams into the wall she gets dizzy for a second. A painful reminder that too much pressure will cause her body to shut down and make her pass out. But she has endured this before. So many times she has lost count. She might not have done it this close to almost dying but there is a first time for everything right?

            'Right?'

            "HOLD ON!" Lelomato screams from the top of her lungs while throwing herself one last time against the wall before they are sent flying towards the ground. The room is filled with the sound of glass violently shattering as Lelomato can feel herself slowly slipping into unconsciousness.

            "Lelomato, get up! There is no way out of here, I can't reach the doorknob by myself. Please, I need you..." The desperation in Milimato's voice is what makes Lelomato force herself back to consciousness. 'If you get hurt you need to jump to your feet immediately and distract yourself from whatever pain you feel.'

            All the muscles in Lelomato's body are shaking as she stands up. Then she feels a pair of hands steadying her. She opens her eyes and that beautiful smile that always keeps her going is right there in front of her, and she could ask for nothing more to fuel her determination to keep her angel safe.

            "I need to find a way to get up to the kn.. What is that?" Lelomato abruptly points to what looks like a smaller door of some sort on the actual door. Milimato supports Lelomato as she limps towards the door. "Why did you not try to push on that? Did I not tell you to run no matter what?"

            "I panicked okay? I am nothing without you. Just a scared, helpless, pathetic bunny who can't even stay out of danger for longer than five minutes on her own."

            "I did not see that scared, helpless, pathetic bunny when she wanted me to ing get us to fall towards what could possible be the death of us. Now, please.. Try to push it to see if we can get out. They should have heard us by now if they are close by so we need to move. We can argue about this later."

            Milimato is standing in front of a perfect square that seems oddly out of place on the big door. She softly pushes it to try and open it. The square slowly swings forward and it only takes a second before the square is viciously slammed upwards by an impatient Lelomato.

            "Did I forget to mention we are in a ing hurry, now let's go." Milimato supports her again as they move outside of the room, Lelomato looks both left and right and can’t differentiate which way is out. Time is not on their side, so Lelomato starts walking to the left. This will end up being the right way, or she will make it the right way. 'We made it this far, the rest should be a piece of cake... right?' Loud footsteps could be heard coming from behind them and on reflex Lelomato pushes Milimato forward as she points a finger in her face. 'Just my ing luck ain't it?'

            "Run. NOW."

            "I am not leavi.."

            "NOW HEMERA!"

            "OMG!" The monster behind them exclaims. Lelomato closes her eyes briefly as she sighs loudly before turning around. ' my life, she did not exaggerate when she said to at least triple the size of the venom spitting bunny.' Lelomato pulls Milimato behind her back as she slowly starts to move backwards while keeping an eye on the gigantic creature in front of her.

            "No wait.. Don't be scared. I won't hurt you. Let me help you." The monster shrinks down in size. It is still huge but it appears the creature is trying to make itself the same height as Lelomato. ‘Like that will ever be possible. And as if that will make me trust it any.’ At least the creature kept its distance from the bunnies. "Are you alright? You are bleeding.." Lelomato thought she heard concern in the monster's voice. ‘Must be more depleted than I thought. There’s no way.’ She can feel herself getting dizzy again, her body needs rest badly and is shutting down.

            "My name is Daehyun, remember? I was in the room earlier when you pretended to faint? Who am I kidding, you probably don't understand a single word I am saying." The monster chuckles but it immediately stops when another loud pair of footsteps can be heard approaching them. Lelomato barely has time to react before she can feel herself being lifted by the monster and put inside his armor with Milimato. "Please be quiet, I will get you out of here."

            "Daehyun hyung! What are you doing? Who are you talking to?"

            "Oh, Younghwan. I was talking to myself.. Well my stomach to be honest. I am sooo hungry. Youngjae woke me up and didn't let me have breakfast before leaving." Daehyun hides his nervousness by laughing. "Uhm, you know... I think I need to go remind everyone about the urgent meeting at work we scheduled for today, we really can't miss it." He says before starting to walk in the direction of the kitchen. 'Daehyun, what the hell are you doing?!'

            "Yongguk hyung, isn't it time for us to leave for that meeting we scheduled today with the staff?" Daehyun is desperately trying his hardest to convey a hidden message with his eyes to Yongguk.

            "What meeting?" Yongguk starts to look confused and Daehyun tries yet again to send a message through his eyes.

            "Oh! You are right Daehyun. Byungho, Younghwan I am so sorry. Can we come back after the meeting to check on the bunnies? I totally forgot about the emergency meeting we scheduled today. It won't take long." Youngjae suddenly interjects much to everyone's surprise.

            "Oh, well that's fine. Hyung needs to wake up properly, and have breakfast, so just come back when you guys are done." Younghwan responds cheerfully.

            Daehyun starts moving fast towards the door, he needs to get out of here fast. He can feel his pocket getting wet, filling with what he can only assume is blood from the hurt bunny.

            "Bye guys! I'll see you at the meeting, and thank you for your hospitality Byungho and Younghwan." Before anyone can stop him Daehyun starts sprinting towards his car. Unlocking the door and climbing in he sends a text to Youngjae one handed while starting the car, telling him to hurry home. Throwing the car into gear he speeds off in the direction of their house. He is not sure what is going on, but he can feel one of the bunnies shaking and the other one is rather still. He just prays that by the time everyone gets home, they can save both of the bunnies.

            "Who in their right mind decides they want to sell the bunnies before even making sure they are alright? Those ing idiots. Why are we friends with them again? I have no single clue why Jae keeps them around!" Daehyun had a bad habit of talking to himself when he was upset. It made him feel better venting it out instead of keeping everything on the inside. It doesn't take him long until he reaches the driveway. Jumping out of his car he hurries inside the house. It was then he realised he didn't think this one through at all. He starts pacing the kitchen, raking his hands through his hair. What does he do next? Does he move the bunnies? Or wait for the guys to help him? Do they call a vet? Do they snap the bunny's neck if it's suffering too much?

            He is still doing this when the door is yanked open and the five other boys come inside the house. They gather around the kitchen staring at Daehyun and waiting for him to explain what the hell is going on.

            "Daehyun, what the was that about?" Yongguk asks angrily .

            "Okay so.. Try not to kill me just yet.. I’ll take it later, if you feel like doing it afterwards, but right now.. I need us to help save these two."

 

 


☆☆☆


 


Author's note:

Diamondame, do I even have to say it? You are my shining star. <3
Thank you so much for helping me improve and get back on track with my writing.

And thank you to all the new subscribers, I hope you guys will enjoy the story!

Specially now that the boys will start making appearances.