Chapter 3

Foul Play

He was four the first time he heard the music and met the man. When he told his parents they brushed it off, believing he would grow out of it. But he never did and at the age of twelve he was diagnosed with schizophrenia. Even with the medical condition and the struggle to pay for his medication, his parents were still smiling and loving. But then they went bankrupt and his father killed him self. Kyungsoo was his neighbor at that time, when the incident happened they payed for the funeral and even helped pay for the bills and kept them alive and well fed with the agreement that Luhan would become an official part of the family and marry Kyungsoo. He was 16 when he met Kai and they quickly learnt Kyungsoo and Luhan would never happen because the latter had fallen in love while the former was straighter than a ruler. Today he turns 18 and the important thing of this age is that is that he eavesdrops on a conversation he wished he hadn't. 
"Is everything settled with Krystal?" Luhan blinks confused. Chanyeol? He watches from around the corner as Kai throws his cigarette to the ground and puts it out.
"Everything is set we've picked a date for the wedding." Wedding? 
"And the bet?" Sehun states with a raised eyebrow.
"I got him in bed last night, finally after two years of being together." Tears fill Luhan's eyes as he remembers last night, what he believed to be loving touches and sincere I love you's. He can't keep himself from choking a sob out as Chanyeol and sehun begin to count money in Kai's hand. They look up with wide eyes at Luhan and kai takes a step forward. Only to frown as Luhan takes a step back. The frown deepens with each step he takes towards Luhan as the male follows with rapid steps back. He freezes in horror when Luhan turns around and runs away, his sobs hanging in the air. It is only half an hour later Luhan is in the comfort of his room, his pills hurled into the trash. He needed the comfort of the first friend he has ever had. The one who will be there til the end. The music fills his ears before he appears dressed in an all black outfit. Luhan smiles as the male traces a finger gently along his cheek. The male was slightly shorter than him but obviously older. The wrinkles around the man's eyes appeared more apparent as he smirked. 
"Done shutting me out?" Luhan meekly nods. 
"Aw what hasn't little deer so down?" 
"You were right. He doesn't love me." The man smiles before leaning close to Luhan's form on the edge of the bed. 
"Of course I'm right. I'm the only one who could ever love you. I will always protect you." Luhan smiles while leaning into the hand caressing his cheek. 
"Thank you Yokozawa." The male only smiles before pressing their lips together. After a mere minute they pull apart and Luhan's eyes go wide when Yokozawa speaks. 
"We must take revenge on him."
"What? Why? How?"
"What do you mean why? He hurt you and that's unacceptable. As to how... Well I have a plan." And Luhan listens closely while biting his lip hard. He smiles and pretends to be normal when his mother walks into his room an hour later. 
"I heard from kai what happened. He asked me to tell you he was sorry and that he would like to explain." Luhan only has time to sigh before Kai steps into the room.
"And I'm not taking no for an answer." Luhan glares at him as his mother quickly leaves the room with the muttered excuse of dinner. Kai joins him on the edge of the bed and Luhan bites his lip to hold in his giggle at Yokozawa's hateful glare. 
"You know I love You right?" Luhan nods slowly. 
"What started off as a bet ended up becoming something that means much more to me, I just didn't know how to tell you." Luhan only sighs before reaching over and intertwining his fingers with Kai's. 
"So am i forgiven?" Luhan only nods before pressing their lips together. And in that moment only does he feel a little bit of guilt for all the deceit and harm Kai will experience.