ii. may the best man win

mistaken thoughts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ten kept on walking back and forth for who knows how many times already as he looked around to see if Irene already arrived. While he was waiting for her, he stared at the fresh bouquet of roses in his hands. Today marks the first day of their man to man competition with each other and Ten's going to make sure that Irene ends up with him no matter what.

 

If it takes a thousand of bouquets just to swoon her heart, then so be it. If it takes a lot of sweets just to satisfy her sweet tooth, then he's willing to buy the whole bakeshop. If it takes a lot of stuff toys just to make her smile, then he'll surely buy every kind of stuff toys out there. The things he will do for Irene just to get her to say the magic word. Anything for the girl he truly likes.

 

After staring at the bouquet of flowers for a couple of seconds, Ten lifted his head up and started searching around once again. As soon as he saw the familiar figure entering the school premises, he instantly rushed to her with the biggest pretty smile plastered on his face.

 

"Good morning, Irene noona!" Ten greeted while panting and handed the bouquet of flowers to her. "I brought flowers for you."

 

Irene's eyes widened as she saw the bouquet of flowers in front of her. "Y-You seriously don-" She didn't get to finish her sentence when someone interrupted her.

 

"You're giving her a bouquet of flowers? Are you even serious about it?" A familiar mocking voice suddenly spoke. "If I were Irene noona, I'd throw that useless bouquet instead! Just what the hell will I do with that?" Of course the one who spoke is none other than, Lee Taeyong.

 

What the actual ?! Taeyong really knows how to ruin everything for him! Damn it! Gritting on his teeth, Ten's hand clenched into a fist as he glared at the boy who dared to interrupt his time to shine again.

 

If only looks could really kill, Taeyong would've already been dead a while ago. "Are you mocking the hell out of me?! Shut the up! Jerk! What's wrong with giving her something like that huh?! How about you?! Do you even have something for her?!" Ten growled and fights the urge to beat the out of him. God knows how much he wants to kill Taeyong but he just can't because they're in public.

 

Taeyong shrugged as he made his way near to Irene. "What do you expect of me, Ten-ah? Of course I have something better for her."

 

"Let's see what you have in there, Lee ing Taeyong." He said in a mocking tone.

 

The older smirked before showing her a box of chocolates. "I have chocolates for you, Irene noona. This is way better than what Ten-ah has for you because you can eat this. Unlike the bouquet, it'll just stay pretty for days then wither soon." He stated as a matter of fact and handed it in front of her.

 

"You think the chocolates you brought already made you better than me?" Ten rolled his eyes and grimaced. "In your ing dreams."

 

Just when Taeyong is about to speak and argue with the younger, Irene raised her right hand to interrupt them.

 

"I-I'm sorry but I have to go. I won't accept any of your gifts for today." Irene faintly mumbled before walking away from their sight, completely proceeding inside the school hallways.

 

Ten felt his world crashing down as he looked at Irene's fading figure walking away from his sight. Irene looks like she was about to accept the bouquet of flowers from him yet everything was ruined because of Taeyong! He was so sure that he was an inch to winning the first trial but he didn't! Because of that one hell of a jerk, his moment to shine and swoon Irene's heart got ruined again! It was all because of the jerk in front him! Darn it!

 

"Look what you've done you dip jerk! I could've already scored yet you ruined everything!" He growled and frustratedly threw the flowers into Taeyong's face. "You must be so happy because you got to sabotage my moment huh?! you!"

 

The older nodded with a shrug before flashing a grin. "I'm more than happy because I sabotage the moment, Ten-ah."

 

The Thai boy's hands clenched into a fist as he frustratedly heaved a sigh. He decided to turn his back from the bastard and just walk away from him. For pete's sake, his image is currently at stake here! If he dares to stay here any longer, then he might really beat the out of Taeyong and even end up killing him. Goodness gracious. He can't let his image to Irene be ruined.

 

Before proceeding inside the school hallways, Ten shot the older one last daggers before completely walking away.

 

"Everything is just starting, Lee Taeyong. I definitely won't lose to you." Ten faintly mumbled to himself.

 

A zero for Ten and the same goes for Taeyong. But that doesn't mean that it's already the end of the competition. It just began and what happened just added fuel to the fire.

 

 

It's currently their vacant period so Ten and Doyoung are currently hanging out around the school benches to kill some time right now.

 

"You both got rejected earlier?! No way in hell!" Doyoung's eyes widened because what happened earlier was indeed unbelievable. "How could that happen?! I feel very bad for Taeyong hyung."

 

Can someone please just tell him that this is all nothing but a ridiculous joke? How could Doyoung feel bad for his enemy when he's supposed to feel bad for his best friend! Is this really what best friends are for?! This is all so unbelievable! Probably the most unbelievable of all the unbelievable things in this world! Where in hell have you seen a best friend who feels bad and supports someone else huh?! Darn it!

 

"I hate you so much, Doyoungie! You're supposed to feel bad for me!" Ten whined and started hitting the latter.

 

Doyoung stucked his tongue out and tried to defend himself. "I'm very sorry, Tennie. But like what I've said, I prefer Taeyong hyung for Irene noona." He bluntly stated before eventually bursting out of laughter.

 

"You're a certified traitor, Kim Doyoung! Traitor! How could you betray me?! Me who has been with you for a very long time!" Ten, who is on the verge of crying, pouted and pointed his index finger to him.

 

Doyoung shook his head as he looked up into the sky. "Like what I've said, honesty is the best policy." He exclaimed and gestured in the air.

 

Ten rolled his eyes before shaking his head in despair. "If only I could throw that policy of yours, I could've done it already! At the very least, can you please support me? Even though you prefer that jerk over me for Irene noona. I'm willing to accept even the tiniest piece of your support." He pleaded and made a puppy eyes gesture.

 

Doyoung's face instantly cringes at the sight of his best friend trying so hard to look cute and adorable. That was just totally... ew? Gross! Probably the most disgusting of all the disgusting sights he has ever seen in his whole life! Right now, he suddenly wanted to have an eye transplant because his eyes can't bear that kind of gesture.

 

"Stop with the puppy eyes gesture, Ten! It doesn't suit you! Goodness gracious." Doyoung covered his face and faked sobs, as if it's the end of the world or rather the universe because of Ten's legendary puppy eyes gesture.

 

Just when Ten was about respond and protest, someone around suddenly whistled which caught their attention.

 

Looking around to see who it was, they both tilted their heads and Doyoung's eyes widened when he saw the younger student that goes by the name, Jung Jaehyun, waving at him with a smile on his handsome face. Here he is again with those kind of gestures. A blush then crept onto Doyoung's cheeks as Jaehyun winked and gave him a flying kiss before proceeding on his way to the basketball court.

 

Clutching onto his chest, the smaller bit his lips to stop himself from smiling like an idiot. It was just too much for his weak heart to take. Jaehyun has no idea how much he's making Doyoung feel like a crazy because of those sweet gestures. Anytime from now, he's surely going to end up with a one way trip to heaven. Curse that boy for being so ethereal. Darn it!

 

And because Doyoung was too mesmerized at the sight of Jaehyun, he completely forgot that there is another person who is already dying out of curiosity and shotting him daggers. Look who's talking huh? People nowaways really.

 

"Honesty is the best policy eh? Oh really, Kim Doyoung? Really huh?" Sarcasm is evident in Ten's voice and he arched a brow as Doyoung's soul came back to Earth again. "Well look who's talking. Honesty is the best policy my ! You're hiding something from me!"

 

Doyoung scratched the back of his neck and raised both of his hands like a criminal. "I-I can explain everything, Tennie!"

 

"I thought that we're the best of friends?! First, you're supporting that Lee Taeyong over me! And now?! You didn't tell me that there is something going on between you and that... what's his name again? Well

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter