Ms. Bucket list, Mr. Stranger and His Buddy

Who's That?

a/n: I recommend y'all to listen to MXM's SINGLE - Good Day while reading this fic. This totally set my mood when I continued to write this fic :)


Mirue arrived in Hong Kong around 7 am in the morning. She was practically bouncing off her feet the moment she left the plane. After being held for a moment while waiting for her luggage she had calm down a little, just a little, and was patiently waiting for it to appear. While re-checking her bucket list for the nth time she overheard a conversation between two young men, around her age maybe.

 

“I swear to god Wang I won’t let you off next time. How could you drag me to Hong Kong at 7 in the morning just because you’re craving for some stinky tofu?” The guy with the yellowish hair complained.

 

After Mireu heard that they were on the stinky tofu subject she decided to eavesdrop on them, while pretending to busy herself with the journal she was holding.

 

“Puh-lease Tuan I know you lowkey want to taste it too,” the other guy replied.

 

“Look, Jackson, I admit that I’m curious about that stuff for some time now but don’t you think you’re going overboard with this? I can’t even go back home and all I can do is complain, plus the hungover is still killing me.”

 

Poor guy, Mireu thought.

 

“You said so yourself Mark! You can’t go back home now just stop complaining already, it’s too early to be nagging.” Jackson said. “Oh look, there are our things, come on.”

 

The guy named Mark rolled his eyes as he followed his friend from behind. When they were out of her sight, something in Mireu snapped and she hurriedly grabs her bag when it came into sight. She went after them but unfortunately, they already left. All she can do was pout and drag her luggage behind her as she left the airport.

 

“Stinky tofu and shopping. Victoria Peak, and souvenirs.” Mireu tapped the bottom of the pen on her chin as she rethinks about the selection she made before she left for Hong Kong. “Yeah I think this is enough, I’ll be going back here anyway, hopefully.” She closed the journal and kept it inside her bag, she took one last look in the mirror, fixed her hair and went out of her hotel room.

 

As she waits for the lift to reach her floor she saw two familiar figures who was walking towards her. An arm was thrown over the shoulder of the guy with the yellowish hair while they laugh out loud.

 

“Guess what she did after taking a bite,” Jackson tried to hold in his laugh but failed and spits on Mark’s face instead. “What the f-- Jackson,” he said as he aggressively wipes Jackson’s spit off his face.”

 

“Sorry man- Oh hello.” Jackson suddenly turned to Mireu and acknowledge her presence. Mireu turned to face the other side trying to stop herself from laughing out loud. She cleared and faced them again, “Hi.”

 

Before Jackson could reply back the elevator opened and they all stepped in. It was a little awkward inside but suddenly he decided to break the ice.

 

“Hey, uhm. Have we met before?”

 

Mirue looked up at him and shook her head, “No I don’t think so.” Jackson narrowed his eyes at her before smiling and extending his hand. “Jackson, I’m Jackson Wang and you are?”

 

He’s a weird one. Mirue looked at his hand before accepting the handshake.

 

“Kim Mireu, pleased to meet you.” She smiled back at him. “Oh, you’re from Korea!” Mireu tried to look surprised when he started speaking in Korean to converse with her. “You can speak Korean?” Obviously, she already knew the answer after hearing him converse in Korean with the other guy earlier.

 

Jackson chuckled at her ‘surprised’ expression, “Actually we’re both foreign exchange students studying in Korea- Oh I haven’t introduced you to my buddy.” Jackson nudges Mark causing him to look up from the ground. “This is Mark Tuan,” he grabbed Mark’s hand and reached to grab Mireu’s. “And this is Kim Mireu.” He shook their hand making the both of them feel awkward.

 

“So Mireu do you have any plans for today?” Jackson asked as they step out of the elevator. They had suddenly grown close each other after a few exchanges of conversation earlier. “I was planning to go shopping while looking for stinky tofu.”

 

“Oh my god, really? We were just about to grab some of that.” Jackson started squealing like a teenage fangirl while Mark shook his head. “Don’t mind him he’s naturally born weird,” Mark said to Mireu, it was the first thing that he ever said directly to her. He would normally talk to Jackson when they were sharing about certain topics earlier but he never really ‘talked’ to her. Mireu laughed shyly, she couldn’t deny it. Mark is a very charming guy and his voice was to die for.

 

They all went together in the same cab, Jackson suggested that it would be smart to just share a cab since they’re all going to the same place anyway. Jackson was like their tour guide because he knows all the places they pass by during the ride. “If we aren’t lucky we just didn’t get a free ride, we even got ourselves a free tour guide.” Mark and Mireu laughed as Jackson threw his foot in the air hoping it would hit Mark in the face while he was paying for the cab.

 

“You should be glad son, you’ve got a rich daddy.” Jackson threw an arm around his friend’s shoulder when he caught up with them. Mireu was laughing so hard that tears started to fall down her face.

 

“Are you guys usually like this?” said Mireu as she wiped her tears.

 

“Yeah, and I’m starting to get sick of it really,” Mark remarked earning a headbutt from Jackson.

 

“He just doesn’t want to admit that he loves me very much.”

 

“Honestly you guys are so cute. My guy friends aren’t like you, in fact, they’re too busy trying to be cool and stuff and it’s so annoying, really. I’m seriously enjoying your company, glad that I met you guys.” Mireu gave both of the boys a pat on their backs as they continue to walk the busy streets of Hong Kong.

 

Upon arriving at a familiar store front, Jackson started making weird noises. “Oooh! Guys this is it! This is it! This is it!!” he exclaimed excitedly. The two can smell something awful coming from the store and it wasn’t making them happy and excited like Jackson. “God, what is that smell?” Mark exclaimed as he covers his nose.

 

“Jackson is that what I think it is?” Mirue pointed at the glass shelf where a couple of odd looking tofu is placed majestically on a big platter.

 

“Very good Kim. Come on! Come on let’s go get some before they run out of those.”

 

Mark followed them behind, having second thoughts about coming with the two who badly wants to taste that stinky tofu. “This is such a bad idea.”

 

After grabbing the own tofu, Jackson and his gang looked for a spot where they can eat them peacefully (or just somewhere where they can throw up without anyone seeing them.) “So, who’s going to try it first, obviously it’s not going to be me ‘cause I’ve had this before. It’s gonna be one of you two,” said Jackson with a sly smirk on his face which Mark wants to slap away so badly. Mireu had lost her appetite when they handed her the tofu, she didn’t like the smell and the look the tofu had with the sauce made it worse.

 

“Ladies first,” Mark said.

 

“Mark, I thought we were finally getting close, how could you?” Mirue glared at him playfully. “Oh my god, I don’t think I can do this. Listing this as one of the things I wanted to do here was such a bad idea. I’m never doing this again. EVER.”

 

“Oh, come on Mireu, it’s not that bad as you think it is. Just try it once, you can throw it away if you didn’t like it. We won’t force you to finish anything.”

 

“Yeah, just one bite then I’ll have mine.”

 

Mirue hesitated for a while before she finally took a bite. She had her eyes closed and her nose pinched so she couldn’t see nor smell the tofu but unfortunately, her taste buds betrayed her. Jackson and Mark were laughing their asses off when she forced herself to swallow her first bite. The look she had on her face was priceless. “Oh my god I feel awful.”

 

“Mireu you’re overreacting, it’s not that bad.” Jackson patted her on that back as he watches her wrap up the remaining tofu. “I don’t think I can finish this thing.”

 

“It’s okay, now it’s your turn.” Jackson turned to the other guy.

 

Mark froze to his spot as he stares at the tofu he was holding. Slowly, he lifted it to his mouth inhaling the stinky smell it emits. After taking a bite the sauce was smudged on the sides of his lips. “Ew man, how old are you?” Jackson went to grab some tissue from the paper bag he was holding and wiped the sided of Mark’s mouth cleaning up the mess he made.

 

“Ugh, I feel like throwing up.”

 

“Same Mark, same.”

 

“Oh, come on guys, now watch how your master does it.” Jackson opened up the bag of his tofu. After deciding on what side to bite on her brought it up to his mouth and took a very large bite. Mireu and Mark couldn’t help but gag when they saw the sauce drip from Jackson’s mouth. They left him when he was choking at the tofu ‘cause it couldn’t swallow it anymore.

 

“Hey, guys thanks for going me with today. I enjoyed the tofu even though it stinks, hahaha.” Mireu said as they arrived at their hotel, “Glad you enjoyed it, buddy,” Mark ruffled her hair, making Mireu blush with his sudden action. Jackson must have sensed it and teased the two of them.

 

“Shut up Jackson,” Mark was also blushing and he had drag Jackson away from Mireu just to get out of the scene. He doesn’t want to make things awkward with Mireu in case they see each other again. “Bye guys! Thanks again,” they heard Mireu shout before they got on the elevator.