Meet Me in the Library

Meet Me in the Library

image

9:38 AM

“Okay class, now I want this work turned in next week but don’t think that we’re not going over this tomorrow. You’re dismissed.” Your professor announced. The entire class, plus yourself loudly groaned as protest to him. “I don’t want to hear it, see you all tomorrow.” And he left. Luckily, it was the only class for the day as you got an email from your other professor saying that they cancelled class. Your friend that sat next to you complained about how much of a tight this professor was.

Trying to push through the crowd, Wonwoo waved at you. Your friend gave you a look, “It must be nice to have someone keep you company, even at this hour. I’m going back to the room and sleep.” You knew that if you nagged her to do the work for once, she would just ignore it longer. She waved you too off, you and Wonwoo now the only people in the room.

“So how was class?” He asked while taking your heavy book from you. You made a disgusted face, “I have a huge assignment I have to do. I can’t go out today, babe.” He looked a bit down but brightened up almost immediately. “I brought my book, we can just hang out in the library as you work.”

“Are you sure? We might be there for a while.” He took one of your hands and squeezed it. “Yeah, I’m sure. I barely see you as it is with both of our schedules.” Wonwoo was getting busier with his group and it was hard to set an actual date these days, especially now that you started another semester. You nodded and walked together to the library.

12:43 PM

He sat on the seat opposite of you. His chin rested on the table and held his book straight up. Every now and then, he’d look up from over his book to look at your eyes. He’s reading Me Before You again.

It’s only been a week since your classes started and your history professor assigned the class to annotate the first two chapters and summarize into three pages. During this time, you taught yourself to read and write at the same time without looking and averting attention back and forth.

Wonwoo marked the page he was on, put the book down and just stared at you. The crinkle of your nose to steady the reading glasses was adorable to him. Sure, he was kind of sad that you had to do homework but he also understood. As long as he was spending time with you, it was fine.

“Jagiya, I’m going to get us coffee. Don’t go anywhere.” You lifted your head up slightly to give him a smile. “I’ll be right here,” you joked back. You watched him leave before getting back to reading. It was going to take a long time so you wanted to try to get the thing over with so you could actually spend time with your boyfriend. After a few minutes, you didn’t even notice that Wonwoo came back until he poked your shoulder. He seemed to also get snacks to go with your drinks.

You leaned over to give him a butterfly kiss, “How do I deserve you?” He crinkled his own nose against yours. “Don’t dirty my glasses. Work.” You pouted mumbling about how he could say that. He heard you and lightly chuckled before picking his book up again.

4:52 PM

Wonwoo sets his book down again to look at you. You only drank half of your coffee (fortunately, it was iced) and took small bites of the snack he bought. Your book had about 100 new words written on by you and different colored highlights for what you thought was important. Papers scattered around the table.

With nothing much to do, Wonwoo picked up the papers and neatly stacked them next to your book. Your eyes averted to the stack and then up. A long breath released when you then dropped your head on your book. “I can’t take this anymore. I’ll finish it tomorrow.” You stood up and stretched your stiff body. A few cracks were heard as they were released from your back, neck and arms.

“Are you sure you can finish it tomorrow?” You neatly pack all the materials in your bag, letting out a deep breath as you reply, “Yeah, I’ll just have to wake up early. Don’t worry, I did more than half of the work.” You throw your bag over your shoulder and asked Wonwoo what he wanted to do.

He checked the time on his phone before grabbing your hand to drag you somewhere. Asking him where he was taking you wouldn’t get you a response, so you just decided to let this happen. A couple walks up a few stairs and some turns, you ended up in the library lounge. The place had nice, cushioned seats and small coffee tables.

Wonwoo guided you to a chaise lounge chair and wrapped an arm under your neck for you to rest on him. “You did a lot of work, you should rest,” was all he said as he continued reading his book. You pecked a kiss on his cheek and started reading a random paragraph with him. You were definitely exhausted, but thought it wouldn’t hurt to read a bit more. After all, you were no longer reading for a grade.

8:15 PM

The two of you had stayed there until he was completely finished with the book. “Is there anything else you want to do?” Your eyes looked up to face him. He looks away pretending to be in thought. Wonwoo suggested that you too walk around so he could look for a new book.

You went in different directions, scanning over the hundreds of books on each shelf nearest you. Wonwoo was in your sight through the shelf and when you saw him move to pick up a book, you grabbed the one opposite of it to look at him clearly. Your eyes met and you giggled at such a cheesy act. Respectfully putting the book back, you continued watching him.

Wonwoo paced around, now in front of you, between book shelves. You stepped on your toes and wrapped your arms around his neck from behind. A faint scent of his shampoo was inhaled and you smiled to yourself. “Wonwoo-ah,” you say in an almost under your breath. “Mm.”

“I love you.” He smiled widely and turned around with your arms still interlocked together. He placed a long, soft kiss on your forehead. His hands cupped your cheeks and squished them, your lips forming like a fish. You let out a laugh. “I love you too. C’mon, I think we’ve been here long enough.” Wonwoo took you out in the streets of Seoul and made multiple stops at different food vendors. He’d buy red-bean fish cakes, spicy rice cakes, and ice cream.

He always had his mouth open for you to feed him, but when you did the same he teased and fed himself. You pouted and he just laughed at you. It was a nice little outing after being stuck in that library. Around 10, he dropped you off in front of the girls’ dorm at your university. He waved and stood outside, making sure you got inside okay.

You walk in your dorm room that you shared with your friend and saw her at her desk sleeping on top of her new pillow that was the history book. You were surprised that she actually did a lot of work. “Okay, girlie, let’s go to bed,” you grabbed on to her arm. With her other arm, she wiped some drool off her face and crawled under her sheets.

You grabbed some pajamas and went to the shower rooms. When you returned, you shut off the desk lamp and climbed into your own bed. A missed message was lighting up on your phone screen and you slid it open to see it.

“I hope we can do this again soon. I really missed you.”

Butterflies fluttered in your stomach as you texted your boyfriend back. “I missed you too. Maybe we can have another date next weekend.”

“I’d love that. Good night, jagiya.” You replied likewise, set the alarm really early in the morning, and easily drifted off to sleep.


Hope you guys liked it!

Feel free to request here in the comments or in my ask blog @sabor-a-ksoo.tumblr.com