Chapter One : The Blind Boy

The Blind Boy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The first thing i noticed when i entered the room was his long legs silky hair . The orange-pink sunlight reflecting off his eatiful jet black hair.His long elegant fingers holding the paint brush delicately.He looked so peaceful.But what he was painting wasn't peaceful.It was a mess of different colours,one on top of another,with a thick black line in a shape of .... A cupcake ? I took a slow step forward and my feet made a loud crack sound. He spun his head around and cocked his head sideways. "Is Someone there?" He asked softly . His voice deeper then i would ever have imagined.From here I could see the beauty of his face.His beautiful flawless skin,His nose,His small plumpish lips.My heart skipped a beat."Im sorry! I didn't mean to disturb! I just came here to grab my art book and ..." My voice fading.His eyes were fixed to the ground but i could see his lips curve up a bit. " What are you drawing ?" I asked softly as I edged closer . "It's up to you... What do YOU think it looks like ? " His voice ... It was so beautiful , I wanted to hear more. so I sat down in the chair next to him . " Hmmm ... I guess it sort of resembles a cupcake .. yeah it is a cupcake , Here is the muffin and here is the paper part ... Why did you draw the cupcake blue though ? " He chuckled " Maybe it's a blueberry cupcake " He replied . " With smudges of pink and red ? "I ask him with a small smile creeping up my lips . " Oh , I wanted to make the paper red and pink " Something didn't feel right . The way he asked his questions and answered mine . It was different. I turned to look at the boy's face , He wasn't even moving at this point. You swallowed and leaned closer , He felt your hair on his arm and he looked at you. You let out a small soft gasp . You stood up and took a small step back . " What ? What's going on ? " He asked . He looked a bit funny at first , With big ears . But his eyes ... They were big and dilated , And they were grey-blue coloured . His stare was directed at something next to you. 

He was blind 

"What do the colours look like ?" He asked with a big smile on his face. His smile was beautiful . " Um , there is this cloudy shape thing that is coloured with blue and a tinge or red and pink , it hasn't been mixed well and the paper is bright red with a sprinkle of white and yellow . And there is a smudge of blue as well . " You said softly.He smiled. You felt your throught clench.Tears welling up in your eyes . You clenched your fist. He chuckled and you felt your stomack flip .

"I wanna draw a Teddy bear " That was what he said . No hi , No hello . Just that one random sentence . He began by drawing a two circles the smaller one on top of the bigger.He then started to drw the eyes.He put one eye on the correct place and then he put the next eye on the forehead . I let out a gasp. He chuckled "Don't worry, It doesn't have to look pretty" I stared at his face . Until about half an hour passed , I couldn't get enough of it."Is it nice?" He suddenly asked breaking the silence. I looked at the painting and raised my eyebrows.He could paint quite well considering he could'nt see."It's pretty"I whispered silently. He smiled . " Is there blank spaces?" "Um...Yes " i said ."Show me" I looked at him questioningly for a while before it registered what he was saying.I took his hand that was big but had skin that felt like silk and i helped him brush the blank spaces away."How does it look now?" He asked."Even prettier"

"Can you tell me your name ?" I asked shyly. " Oh !I didn't tell you ? Well my name is Chanyeol , Park Chanyeol." I chuckled and put my head on my knees. " Hey ! What does that mean? Does it sound weird ?" he asked me. I shook my head before i had to stupidly remind my self that he ws blind and reply with a no. " It suits you.It sounds beautiful as well" Those words came out of my mouth before I could stop them. He kept quiet for a while and then said " What about you ? What is your name?" "My name is Yejin.Lee Yejin."

"Ne Chanyeol ? When id you become blind ? " I asked . His lips turned down for a split second before turning back into his rutined smile . "I guess i was bout 12 or so ... I remember oing to give up on life and my best friends and my mom helped me through it ... I remember my little brother hating me for a period of time because i relied so much on my mother that he was ignored. Now it is my brothers shoulder I lean on everyday.To school and back . Everwhere I go elies on my brother. I tell him he doesn't need to but he insists. Come to think of it ... he should be here in a couple of minutes to pick me up." He said. I looked at him sadly . " I don't know whether if I were in your shoes that i would have been able to carry on..." "I'm sure you will" He said suddenly . "How do you know ?" i asked ." Because you are like me. I can feel it . You are strong Yejin-ah " That was the day i felt like breaking . Me te girl who was considered lucky for getting everything I want,For being rich,For having immense beauty . And the only one who really understands me is the boy who lost his sight . Is the boy who cannot see . Chany

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter