Confession

Confession

"Just do it. Do it! Or I swear to God and all that is holy I will go to him and confess for you," Sungyeol hissed as he gripped Myungsoo's forearm tighter than Myungsoo was comfortable with.

Myungsoo yanked his arm away, glaring at his best friend. Not minding the other students who skidded to a stop because of his action. Albeit getting dark looks and a few curses thrown their way they continued walking. It was lunch time and everyone was rushing to get to the canteen. "Why do I have to do it tomorrow exactly?" He hissed.

Sungyeol rolled his eyes as if he did not believe Myungsoo still had to ask why, "Because, you idiot, it's his birthday and I want to win that bet."

This earned him a suspicious look from Myungsoo, "Coercing your best friend into helping you win is breaking all the betting rules, you know."

Sungyeol just smiled the dimwitted smile that he usually had but didn't talk more until they reached their usual table.

"Best friend privilege," he said when they sat down. Myungsoo took a while to remember what they were talking about.

"Still cheating though. Besides, Woohyun is my friend too."

"But," he stopped to put emphasis on the word. "I'm the best friend, and really you got to confess tomorrow, Myungsoo!"

What an idiot, Myungsoo thought. He knew it was about time he confessed anyway. He did not need Sungyeol's begging for him to do it. Almost two years of harboring a crush on Sungjong was borderline pathetic, he knew that perfectly well, thank you very much.

They were only first years when he first laid eyes on Sungjong. Myungsoo did not know what it was he felt then but he gradually realized that he held romantic feelings for Sungjong. To be quite honest, he prayed Sungjong would approach him first seeming as he was the social butterfly in their class. He was bright and was always trying to cheer up everyone, who wouldn't like him? But apart from the polite hellos Sungjong never really formed a friendship with him.

The gods must love Myungsoo because by their second year a miracle happened. They got paired up on a project which horrified Myungsoo at first. What will I say, I'm going to up, I'll be the reason we fail our project he'll hate me forever. Those were the first thoughts which had invaded his mind.

In the end, their project got excellent marks as it was a subject both of them were good at. A big bonus was how Sungjong took him under his wings and disproved Myungso's worries of being hated by his crush. What he had been wishing for to happen since a year ago happened after the project. Sungjong was finally his friend. He always thanked their teacher in his head every time, along with wishing her a long happy life.

A year of actual friendship with him later, he was indeed ed. He knew it wasn't just a simple crush anymore. It also seemed he whole school knew about it except Sungjong. Which was frustrating as hell. He could be the person walking Sungjong home every day, the person holding his hand and kissing him in school hallways. They could be the high school sweethearts everyone envied. If only Sungjong wasn't so dense about his feelings.

It wasn't like Sungjong was dating anyone. In fact, all this years Myungsoo has known him Sungjong has never shown interest to anyone in a non-platonic way. If only Myungsoo was brave enough to confess.

Snapping out of his reverie, Sungyeol still seemed to be talking. Why did he pick him as a best friend again? The fact that they basically grew up together was probably the reason. Why couldn't my mother give me a rock for a best friend when I was still in my nappies, because then I wouldn't be roped into confessing schemes, he mused.

"My plan is perfect!" he beamed. Myungsoo felt a tinge of guilt because he did not hear any of that 'perfect plan'. But he also knew his plan was a ridiculous one so he didn't feel terribly.

"A plan for what?"

. Speak of the devil and so shall he appear.

"A plan for none of your business," Sungyeol smiled cheekily at Sungjong. Okay, maybe there were some benefits of having Sungyeol as a best friend – he always knew what to say to save a situation.

Sungjong just rolled his eyes as he took his usual seat beside Myungsoo. Only then did Myungsoo notice Sungjong not having a lunch tray. "Where's your food?”

"The line is too long." he huffed. "I was hoping you'd share yours with me?"

He could see Sungyeol wiggling his eyebrows at him in his peripheral vision, but he chose to ignore him.

Another aspect of being friends with Sungjong was how a couple of times a month he would be too lazy to line up to get his lunch and he would ask Myungsoo to share his. It was always him. He never asked Sungyeol nor Woohyun and for some reason it greatly pleased him. Myungsoo loved food and usually ate a lot, but sharing with Sungjong and seeing him eat gave him a strange sense of satisfaction.

And, Myungsoo was only human, his traitorous brain would always conjure images how food sharing was something only couples do. He would always counter this thought about how friends share food all the time. All the time. Yes.

When Sungjong's brows started to crease only did he realize he had yet to answer his request. "Like you even have to ask," he said while pushing his food tray closer to Sungjong.

He beamed at him like he was the most amazing person in the world and Myungsoo's knees promptly turned into jelly. It was a blessing he was already sitting down. He really was completely and utterly ed.

 

v(*_*)-❤-(^_^)>

 

Friday nights were usually spent playing video games together. It was usually the four of them: Woohyun, Sungyeol, Sungjong and himself. Woohyun didn't show up in school today because he was down with the flu. While Sungyeol nudged and winked at Myungsoo a lot when they were saying their goodbyes, making sure Sungjong wasn't looking when he did so. He excused himself from the hang-out explaining how he would be taking care of his five years old brother Daeyeol tonight and therefore could not join. Which was a lie because he knew for a fact that Sungyeol's mother had a day off. This was probably part of his grand plan, leaving them two alone tonight so he would confess by tomorrow. Now Myungsoo wished he had listened to his babbling earlier so he at least had an inkling on what this plan was.

In the end it was only him and Sungjong. It wasn't like it was the first time they would be alone on a Friday evening. But the idea of him finally confessing his feelings soon made him nervous. Sungjong didn't like playing video games, but Myungsoo knew he always played with him simply because Myungsoo enjoyed it.This pleased his greatly. Sometimes Myungsoo loses on purpose just to see the delight on Sungjong's face when he wins.

He carefully placed the controller down knowing how protective Myungsoo could be to his game consoles."You let me win again didn't you?" he asked. His tone wasn't accusing; he sounded like he was teasing.

“Obviously, because you're pants at playing video games," was his retort.

Sungjong snorted then kicked him lightly on the shin, "Obviously." Myungsoo promptly retaliated, kicking Sungjong back lightly.

He kicked him one last time before getting up and flopping himself onto Myungsoo's bed. "I'm hungry," Sungjong whined.

"Go get your own food," Myungsoo moved Sungjong's leg so he had room to sit at the foot of the bed. Sungjong just huffed at him. Chuckling, Myungsoo unconsciously placed his hand on Sungjong's knee. It was something he had started doing a lot recently. Myungsoo savored every moment and Sungjong didn't seem to mind so he always kept touching for as long as possible.

Like he always did, Sungjong held Myungsoo's wrist and slowly pulled him down to lie beside him. Times where Myungsoo got nervous over such intimate touches and affections were over. They had slept over at each other's houses so many times Myungsoo had lost count.

They just lie staring at the ceiling, a comfortable silence surrounding them. They were wrapped up under a spell until Myungsoo felt him shift at his side, Sungjong maneuvered himself to face him.

He brushed aside stray hair which had gotten into his eyes. Myungsoo blinked at him in confusion, his heart beginning to hammer in his chest when he recognised the look on Sungjong's face; he was looking at him fondly.

"Can I kiss you?"

Time seemed to come to a stop and Myungsoo forgot how to breathe. Yes. Yes, please. was at the tip of his tongue. What came out was a stammered, No, of course not.

The standstill only moved when Myungsoo saw Sungjong's face fell. Sungjong started to pull away and Myungsoo panicked, grabbing his wrist to prevent him from moving any further. It felt as if someone had punched him in the gut; he was the one who caused Sungjong to feel this way even if he wasn’t entirely sure why.

He still had the sullen expression on his face; Myungsoo wanted it so badly to go away. Gingerly he let go of his wrist when he was sure Sungjong wouldn't bolt out the door and he gently tugged his arm towards him, urging him closer.

Sungjong bit his lip and Myungsoo was drawn to it. He couldn't look away. Briefly looking up to his eyes confirmed Sungjong was doing the same thing – of staring at his lips.

He couldn't stop his lips from quirking up as he slowly slid a hand behind Sungjong's neck and pulled him forward. He felt giddy; this was it. Myungsoo closed his eyes shut and closed the remaining distance between them.

They kissed tentatively at first; their lips molding together with the faintest of touches, as if they were afraid the other would be frightened, but it did not last long until Myungsoo dared to kiss firmer.

Gradually it turned fast and desperate when Sungjong opened his mouth to allow Myungsoo's tongue access. In no time Sungjong was on top of him, pressing him into the soft mattress. Myungsoo enjoyed the sensation. It felt so right; like Sungjong was made for him.

They only separated to catch a few deep breaths, but not pulling away from each other. As if he couldn't stop himself; Sungjong continued to press light kisses on Myungsoo's mouth which he didn't hesitate to reciprocate.

"I was supposed to confess to you, you know," was the first thing Myungsoo said when he remembered to speak again.

Myungsoo expected several expressions on Sungjong's face when he finally said it but it was never one of confusion, "What for?"

A frowned marred Myungsoo's face, "For us... to be you know - together."

To Myungsoo's astonishment, Sungjong laughed. "Do you really think I spend this much time with anyone else? Let alone ask if I could kiss them at random?"

Myungsoo blinked a few times, it was true if he thought about it. He was so caught up in the enjoyment of getting to know him he had hardly thought about the amount of time they spend together.

Sungjong leaned in to brush their noses lightly. “Do you have any idea how many love confessions I turned down because ‘I was already seeing someone’?”

Myungsoo's eyes lit up. "Does this mean we get to keep doing this then?"

"Shut up," was his answer; already being dragged in for another kiss.

The bet fell into his thoughts and he mentioned it to Sungjong; who just rolled his eyes because he probably already knew about it, "Tell them we've been dating since last year and that we tricked them." Sungjong snorted and nuzzled Myungsoo’s neck.

fin


ta-dah! hope u liked it! tell me what  u think! [DO IT GDI]

did you know? this is the first myungjong ive written bc i wanted to not bc 'i have to update my fic' in almost 3 years? [and theres a trivia u didnt wanna know but now u know]

are you over the rain scene? ?? ? im not!!  it gave me life

and again big thanks to Limebrus who went 🚨🚨🚨 on me which i greatly appreciate. she's awesome. any errors still visible in the fic are all mine.