Fim

Our Spot

It was the first snowfall of the year, and Yulhee was happier than ever to be safe and warm inside her favorite place in the world- the library.

The place was kinda small, but warm and cozy, and the faint smell of old books and coffee tickled her nose, making her smile. There wasn't anything she didn't like about the place.

Yulhee quietly greeted the librarian as she made her way into the place, taking careful steps as to not make any noise. Grabbing the book she was currently reading- a beautiful bilingual version of The Phantom of Opera- the girl went to her usual spot at the library, but stopped in her tracks when she saw the spot- her spot- taken.

She frowned at the vision. How could that girl just sit there? Everyone knew that was her spot.

"Excuse me?" she started, unsure. "Can you please move somewhere else?"

"I'm sorry, but I don't see why I should." The brunette answered her, looking slightly annoyed for being interrupted.

"This is my spot." Yulhee answered, like it was obvious.

"This is a public library, you know right? And there are a lot of seats available, too."

Yulhee sighed. That girl didn't understand. This spot was special. It was one of the warmest places there, and it was close to the window, so you could see the library's beautiful garden. Also, it was just beside the coffe table, so she didn't have to stand up to get a nice cup of tea when she felt like it.

She couldn't give up.

"Unnie, please, please, I'll do whatever you want, just let me sit here." She begged, hoping the other would understand how important this spot was for her.

But strangely, the other girl started laughing.

"Why are you laughing?" Yulhee suddenly felt offended. She was being completely sincere about the importance of her spot, and the other was just making a joke out of the situation?

"Oh my God, sorry, but you're so cute." The older calmed down enough to answer. "What's your name?"

"I'm Yulhee."

"Yulhee, I'm Haein. Can we make a deal?"

"What deal?"

"I'll let you seat here, if you promise to let me sit with you, everyday."

Yulhee thought about that, and she came to the conclusion it couldn't be so bad. Haein didn't seem that bad, and besides, she was reading The Little Prince, one of her all-time favorites. So, they could be friends, right?

"Deal." Yulhee finally said, pleased to see the older moving out of the way so she could sit. "This can be our spot now."