Prologue

Sugar, Sugar!
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Honestly, when Johnny had said a high class and fancy dinner, Taeyong had thought it was a luxurious banquet, the guests dressed in flashy tuxedos and sparkly ball gowns that touched the marble floor trashed with fallen rose petals. The ceiling would be decorated with large chandeliers made of glimmering diamonds and seats laced with a silky velvet cloth. Classy champagne would be poured into those fancy glasses while the guests chattered softly, violin music playing in the background. But, this—what ever it’s supposed to be—is the complete opposite of what had played in Taeyong’s mind the day before.  

 

With a hushed voice, a bearing tone for the evening, Taeyong mumbled words through his gritted teeth, two fingers clenched around the sleeve of Johnny’s jacket as he tugged on it like a child who was trying to get the attention of their mother, “Johnny, what the hell is this all about?” He hissed, a fiery gaze aimed straight into Johnny’s deep chocolate brown eyes. 

 

“A banquet!” Johnny replied proudly, in a hushed whisper, “Isn’t it fancy?” He continued, catching the attention of a few people who sat directly in front of them. 

 

The two guests in front of them were dressed in leather jackets, sunglasses covering their eyes even though it was already evening—the sun must’ve been setting by now—and tattoos bared at their shoulders. Through their snarl, Taeyong could see the shiny golden tooth that reflected the candle light in front of them. 

 

Shivering, Taeyong forced himself to agree, settling back in to his seat with tensed shoulders that had barely relaxed ever since Johnny pulled up into the alleyway, and remained that stiff when he was being dragged through a vacant, yet dimmed, corridor in an abandoned hotel. 

“Aren’t we here to talk about business, John?” One man spoke up, “You better not keep us waiting much. I am in a bad mood today.” As the words slipped through his lips, two men in dark black muscle shirts rose, a cigarette stuck between their lips and a simple, yet very sharp blade, was stuck between the grasp of their hands. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter