The Beginning

UNEXPECTED ROMANCE^^

-Yuri's POV-

My heart ached as I saw my best friend crying her heart out all because of another jerk that toyed on her feelings again. Why do those jerks keep on toying with us?! Are we just their playthings that they can use then chuck aside once they get tired of us? I sighed.

This scene of her crying just happened 3 days ago for goodness' sake! I cant help but feel relieved I have not agreed to that 'makeover'. Sica has been pestering me about it for the past 5 years already, repeating over and over again that I can be pretty as long as she does her 'stuff'.

Looking down at Sica, I guess being pretty has its consequences as well.. Out of the blue, an idea sparked in my mind. Unknowingly, I started crafting a brilliant plan.

I can't let them just continue with this, can I?

I smirked. I looked down at my best friend, Jessica(aka Sica) crying her heart out, looking so broken for the numerous number of times, it was just so many times that I lost count. The anger that filled me up was overwhelming. It only made me more determined than ever to succeed. I will definitely make my plan work, no matter what.

But then again, should I really do this? It might bring me lots of unwanted trouble... I shrugged that thought away.
______________________
 
(Next Day..)


I strolled down the hallway like any other day, my head hung low. Like any other day, my hair had tiny curls which Sica always describes as the trend in the 1950s. I pushed my black circular black-rimmed glasses that looks somewhat similar to Harry Potter's, only much bigger. I was ignorant to my appearance. I gave a cold shoulder to the disgusted glares I received from the other vain girls from my school.

"Look at yuri ahjumah! Is she a 40 year old in disguise?"

"Did yuri ahjumah come from the 1950s using a time machine?"

"I totally LOVE her clothes!" I scoffed at her sarcasm.

Out of the blue, a familiar voice called out my name. To be particular, it was the voice I dreaded the most, apart fron sulli's clique, those mean girls. Instictively, I whipped my head around. There stood taecyeon, the school's bad boy. There was an evil smirk on his face. Immediately, I could sense something up his sleeve.

My suspicions were confirmed when I tripped over Nickkhun's leg that was obviously stuck out intentionally. Nickkhun, Taecyon's right hand man grinned with pride as taecyon roared with laughter. Is my college life going to be like this forever? I sighed. Suddenly, a crowd gathered around me. They were using their phones to take pictures of the helpless me. However, I was confused. It wasn't as if such incidents were uncommon, they happened almost everyday! What was different about today? Just then, I looked down and had the shock of my life!

'KYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!' My face flushed immediately!

My dress reached my hips and my barbie underwear was exposed! I covered my face with my hands, wishing fervently for the ground to open up and swallow me, to hide me from all this embarrassment. To make matters worst, Sulli's clique approached me. I groaned. ! HOW BAD CAN MY DAY BE? They started throwing water balloons at me drenching me from head to toe. The state i was in was beyond words! Just as i was about to die from embarrassment, someone tugged my wrist! Wait.. Who could it be? Who would save a nerd like me? Only Sica would, but... she is absent, trying to get over her 10000000th break-up. I turned around, only to be shocked to see the new exchange student from France! She's the hot topic in school right? I even heard she have not join any clique despite so many ínvitations because of her so freaking gorgeus looks! But... Why did she save me? I'm a nerd! These thoughts ran through my mind, leaving me extremely confused. Then, the new girl spoke waking me up from my daze.

"Hi! I'm Sandara Park, you can call me Dara, lets be friends!" She said cheerfully.

Wait a minute.. She wants to be my friend? Seriously? Did I hear corectly? As if she could read my thoughts, she continued, "I did not want make friends with any of the other schoolmates because I know they dont accept me for who I am but my wealth and looks. I dont want that! But when I saw you, I knew were different somehow.." She smiled. That situation was similar to Sica's!

"Okay! Lets be friends then! My name is Yuri, but people call me Yuri ahjumah.." I smiled bitterly.. "Anyway I have a close friend I need to introduce to you tomorrow because she's absent today.."

Dara replied, "Noooooo! You can be pretty too! I'm sure of it! As long as you let me do some 'stuff' " Oh damn! Another Sica, I groaned.
____________________

"Another boring day of school," I sighed as I hopped off my bed, preparing for school. I wore my usual  "1950s trend" clothes - a long flowery skirt that reached all the way below my knee and a blouse with puffy sleeves that everyone seems to hate. I sat down on my couch, while munching on my bread, I wore my black court shoes that was SO out of fashion these days.

"I hope Sica is going to school today, not leaving me in a horrible state, looking like some loner in school. I can't wait to introduce her to Dara! I bet they will get along well with each other since they are so alike," I grinned at the thought.

I stood up and grabbed my somewhat nerdy bag. You may think why I have such horrible stuff but who cares? I feel comfortable with them at least. I skipped my way to school, as usual, people gave me that "who's-this-nerd" look. It happened so many times that I shot them my "get-lost" look that became a habit to me. Suddenly, a familiar figure appeared a few feet in front of me. The irritated feeling vanished immediately when I saw Sica walking with her headphones blasting music that she always listens to. "Bring the boys out!~" The familiar catchy music ringed in my ears as Sica was humming to the beat. I pounced on Sica in lighting speed. As expected, she let out her "dolphin ultra sonic waves" scream that pierce my ears. I can turn deaf any second now.

"Yah! You almost scared the living daylight out of me!" Jessica growled and shot me a deathly glare. If looks could kill, I would probably wither there and then but it happens so many times that I'm kind of immune to it already. I laughed at her glare as I found it hilarious.

"So Sica, over that useless jerk already?" I asked.

"Thinking of him makes me so frustrated! He is so desperate that I swear that I saw him was hitting on the ahjumma selling fish at the market," Jessica shook her head that resulted me to laugh as I clap my hands. Yeah, it is a born habit.

So, the usual, we walk to school, talking about the everyday life. Just before we walked into our classroom, someone tapped my shoulder. I spun around and saw Dara's cheerful face, greeting me with an "Annyeong!".

I turned to Jessica, "Oh yah! This is Dara, the girl I want to introduce you to."

Jessica's mouth into an "o" shape as she bowed 90 degrees to her, resulting Dara to do the same. "Annyeong haseyo, Jessica imnida. You can call me "Sica" if you want," Jessica gave her angelic smile. Dara smiled too, introducing more about her. Dara and Jessica easily got along as they have many traits and interests in common, for example - shopping, boys, fashion. I was obviously uninterested in whatever they were talking about. I wonder how I can manage two Sicas. Suddenly, I remembered my plan and ran up to them.

"Hey! I thought of something..." I explained to them as their faces lit up in delight and nodded enthusiastically at everything I said.

An evil smirk plastered on Jessica's face, "Doesn't that mean you need a makeover?"

"Damn!" I thought, "How could I forget this vital point."

"Fine," I gave up, as my shoulders slump down.
___________________

Before I knew it, school was over.

They rushed towards me. I think smoke was probably coming out from the speed they're running at. They started dragging me before I even got a chance to speak.

Within minutes, I was already in Myeong Dong street. They pulled me into every shop that were along the street. I mentally facepalmed myself as to why I agreed to this. But there was no turning back so I reluctantly abide them.
Seeing at the two devils picking any clothes that came to sight, I was afraid at what will happen to me. But I doubt that they are VERY good as what they claim to be. I would definitely still look like a nerd I am now.

After finshing the entire street that took forever, I was pushed into a classy looking hair salon. Scissors, hair products, hair equipment, hair dryers and basically everything that got to do with hair were everywhere along the endless number of chairs in the salon. Behind me, the two devils were smirking maliciously.

"You will thank us for this, Yuri 'ahjumma' " they said in unison.

After hours of snipping, dying and rebonding, I opened my eyes, only to find a stranger in the mirror.

"Is this me?" I gaped.