Faith for Us

Unstoppable Marriage

 

AJ POV

I thought that my parents gonna leave after lunch.

But they even stayed after dinner. They wanted to meet with Woori, Mr Ahn’s son who had saved me.

My parents entered the room. “So, son, would you mind to get marriage this week?”a bombing question popped by my father.

I was extremely shocked. Why was the idea of marriage suddenly popped out nowhere? Besides, I’m not in that age to marry. And the marriage was in this week. What the F?

“What? Marriage? With whom?” I shot my parents questions with dumb look on my face.

They told me about my arranged marriage with Woori. I strongly objected it. But they started to told about the importance of Woori safety, the case and everything that able to make me gave up to my parents’ quest.

My parents were selfish. What I’m gonna do with my career? In addition, I’m an idol. Being married meant the end of your career.

Yes, I was the member of U-Kiss, this country top idol group.

Woori POV

Today concert was extremely tiring. Plus, I got sudden phone call from my mother. She asked me to get home early to discuss about something important.

“Unni, I have to go to my home now. I will unable to sleep at hostel today. Can you get Manager informed for me,” I said to my group leader, Jaekyung unnie.

“What? Woori, so soon?” asked her. Go Woori was my stage name. I used Go Woori as my stage name to avoid my recognition as the president’s daughter of one of leading companies in South Korea.

“Urm..Something important came up. Goodbye everyone,” I waved to my other fellow members before drove off to my home.

“Omma, Appa, I’m home.” At living room, I saw my parents was chatting with a couple who was about my parents’ age.

“Oh, Woori. Let me introduce to you, this is Mr and Mrs Kim. Jaeseop’s parents.” I smiled and bowed at them.

“What a pretty girl, Woori,” said Mrs Kim before hugged me.

“We would like to thank you saving our Jaeseop. We don’t know how we could repay your kindness,,” said Mr Kim.

We chatted a little before they excused themselves to go home, “We will fetch Jae Seop home tomorrow,” said Mr Kim to my father before they headed home.

After they left, I went to guest room to check AJ up. My mother told me that he got conscious this morning. He was fast asleep on the bed with his bandaged wrist.

My mother called me to living room to discuss something important with me. At first, they told everything about they have discussed during lunch with AJ’s parents. Regarding the case, I agreed to be witness.

“But Woori, something that mattered us the most is your safety. So, we decide a marriage for you and Jaeseop. It is better for both of you and families,” said my father.

Marriage? Did I misheard or what?

“Me, getting marriage? That is totally no, appa,” said I with a shocking tone. I did not like the idea of getting married. Besides, getting married with the man that I had just met and totally not in love with. I wanted to get married as normal people. I wanted to fall in love naturally.

“Actually, we have decided on this plan since both of you are still children. He was your childhood friend, remember? But he had studied in oversea during those years. That is why you never met him,” said my mother, in a persuading manner. I didn’t care whether he was my childhood friend or what, but I had never in love with him. Both of my parents continuously persuade me to agree. They even threaten to end my career. At last, I had to agree.

“Did Jaeseop was told about it? Did he also agreed on it?” I asked my parents.

“Yes, he was told this morning and he had agreed on it,” answered my mother. OK what the heck? He agreed on it. That’s it. So that was the end of my single simple life.

“Why would he agreed to marry somebody he did not even know? Don’t blame me if the marriage did not work out for both of us,” shouted me before disappeared behind the door of my room.

But little that I know, he heard everything.

AJ POV

I was not asleep. I just pretend to sleep when somebody entered the room. I couldn’t sleep thinking about the marriage.

Then, I heard everything that Woori said. I never seen her but I could tell that was her voice shouted that the marriage will never work out. She hated me for sure.