Chapter 5

Goldfish

"Yuri! Yoona!" Sunny and I exclaimed at the same time and rushed off to cafeteria to look for them. 

Crap! We've forgotten all about them after all the chaos!

We pushed open the door to find the queue was up to the entrance and the crowd was so overwhelming that the only spot for us was at the entrance. They were all holding a tray, queuing in an orderly manner and waiting eagerly for the food to be distributed to them. Some machine hands were distributing food to the trays while the other hands with rollers were in charge of cooking. They were very efficient and the queue moved really fast.

"This is the only source of food we have," Sooyoung mumbled behind me and I was pretty surprised. No wonder, they rushed off the moment the lights . But... shouldn't they be fighting each other for the limited food?

"Anyone who creates trouble will be caught, so nobody tries to do anything," Sooyoung stepped forward and looked at me as though she could read my mind.

Her eyes then turned towards the top corner of the room, I followed her gaze and spotted surveliiance camera at all four corners.

Does this mean that Yuri and Yoona have a smaller chance of surviving?!?

Sunny and I started hopping up and down, trying to spot Yuri and Yoona in an ocean of people. But, they were all of a bigger and taller build, even Sooyoung the taller one, was unable too.

"Hey! Carry me so I can see better," Sunny nudged Sooyoung, attempting to jump onto her back.

"What?! Don't be crazy! Anyone who creates trouble will be caught!" Sooyoung pushed her back down and Sunny gave a quick pout before a melody started playing in the background.

Oh no! The music! It has started playing again!

A wave of people began to exit the cafeteria and we took the chance to quickly search for Yuri and Yoona amongst the crowd but to no avail. Soon, there was only a few people left in the cafeteria to scoop up the leftover.  A father was asking his family to go first while he would head there after getting enough food for them but, they refused.

"I don't want to leave papa alone," a little girl cried and a woman kneed down to pacify her, "We haven't eaten for days, Grandma needs food... but we must be at the lobby before the music stops. Hyeyeon arh, be a good girl k?"

"I don't want to! I'm... I'm... I'm afraid... If we leave him now, we might never get to see him again!" the little girl wailed as she grabbed her father's leg with both arms

A sudden feeling of sadness struck me and I felt paralysed. What if I never get to see my parents again? My friends, relatives, colleagues... even if it was that horrible Jessica. Are Yuri and Yoona really gone? I wished I had treated them better when they were around... but it might be too late now...

"Taeyeon! Taeyeon!" I heard Sunny's voice, "Snap out of it! The music is getting faster, we have to go!"

Sunny grabbed my hand and started to pull me along but it was too late. The lights were switched off and that jerked me back to reality.

What happened? Oh crap! We're too late! Then I felt a hand pulled me back into the cafeteria.

"Here!" Sooyoung whispered and beckoned us to get down.

Slowly, my eyes got used to the dark and I realised we were hiding under the table. I could see a few pairs of legs in front of us, it was that family! Sooyoung promptly lifted her hand to cover my mouth, she put a finger to and shooked her head.

We could hear footsteps approaching the entrance door.

"Quick! Hide!" the father ordered as he ran around the cafeteria, finding something in a desperate attempt to save his family's lives.

Soon enough, a few pairs of legs burst throught the front door. "We found one here," a voice stated.

"Ahhhh!" the man shouted as he charged towards them but was unfortunately, put down before he could even do anything.

"Son! My son!" the grandma cried as she emerged from her hiding place and ended up being caught, too.

"Another one here too," the same voice reported, "There could be more here, let's send them up first and get more gamemasters."

Gamemasters? This is a game? We're trapped in a game?

The door closed and we all heaved a sigh of relief but, we're not safe yet. Those 'gamemasters' did say they would be coming back with more people too.

We need to think of something before they comes back! But they are probably going to search the place inside out! Where can we hide??

"We need to find a better hiding spot!" I whispered and quickly got up to explore the area.

The three of us searched high and low but nothing was big enough to conceal all of us and not being too obvious. Unknowningly, we found the little girl and her mother trembling in fear in one of the big cabinets.

"Please, please don't take my mummy away," the little girl pleaded with teary eyes.

"Don't worry, we're not going to take her away," Sunny looked at them sympathetically, "But you two are going to get caught if you continue hiding here. I mean, this is a pretty obvious hiding spot."

"But... there is no other place we can hide," the mother sadly pointed out, the dejected expression on her face really got me down on my knees.

Just then my ears picked up a noise... I held onto Sunny's and Sooyoung's shoulder, "Shh! I heard something!"

"Pssst! Up here! Quick!" A familar voice hissed from behind.

Whose voice is it?

I turned around and looked up.

What the hell?!