Chapter 2

Goldfish

"Hey guys, this is strange..." Sunny commented suddenly.

We all looked at her in unison, "What's so strange?"

"The price stated on the brochure for a room here is so much lesser than what we paid for!" Sunny stared at us as she flipped the brochure towards us.

What! No way we're getting the bad end of the stick! Taeyeon never pays for something more than what it is worth!

I stormed over to interrogate the poor man who was already sweating profusely and I could feel Jessica gloating behind me. Tsk!

"I'm so sorry, I didn't notice this immediately... This reservation... is at a different branch," he said warily, pointing to an address on the paper. "It's just a few minute drive from here..."

"Argh!" Yoona exclaimed, "No wonder Tiffany's car isn't here!" Yuri rolled her eyes and looked at Sunny. Well, Sunny did boast that she was right about the correct resort.

"Alright! Chop, chop! Let's get going," Sunny clapped her hands twice and went straight for the door.

Despite being playful most of the time, she can be quite a no-nonsense person when she turns impatient. We hurriedly left and made our way to the next resort. Tiffany and the rest must have been worried! Everyone was really quiet throughout the journey, Yoona and I tried to start a conversation but the atmostphere was really tense.

Screeeeeech! The car came to a sudden stop and everyone jerked forward.

"What was that for?!" I demanded.

"Gee, it doesn't matter! It's all in the past!" Sunny did her best Lion King's imitation.

I scoffed at her but then again... at least she's back to normal.

"We're here!" Yoona cheered with the brightest smile.

This resort looks exactly like the previous one! It's like a mirror image! Talking about the price difference... Oh man...

We spotted Tiffany's car and finally confirmed that we're at the right place.

"We're finally here! Witness the arrival of the princesses!" I announced as I pushed open the door.

The exterior design was a replica but the interior was completely different! There was no reception counter, no elevator, no stairs but the cafeteria, toilets and resting place were the same and, there were really many people. It was almost like a grand hall with an event going on, classical music was playing in the background. More and more people started gathering, they seemed to be rushing in as the music quickened and it was also getting louder. To be honest, we were pretty lost.

Then I heard a growling noise... it was Yoona's stomach. We all looked at her stomach and giggled. She must have been really hungry since it's way past lunchtime. In fact, we were all hungry.

Yuri looked around and spotted the cafeteria.

"Come on!" She tugged on Yoona's arm. "There's a cafeteria, we can get us some food while Taeyeon and Sunny check in first."

They proceeded to the cafeteria while Sunny and I looked around for a reception counter. I was about to ask a lady rushing past when the music stopped and the next thing I knew, there was a blackout.

"Huh?" Surprised, I quickly turned back to look for Sunny and called out for her. Thankfully, she was just right behind me and I found her hand in the dark.

"What happened?" She asked, equally shocked.

"Get down!" A voice whispered harshly.

Before I could do anything, I felt a hand forcefully pulled me down to the floor, dragging Sunny along.

Ouch! That really hurts!

"Pretend to sleep if you don't wanna die!" the voice warned. "Trust me! Please!"