The First Time

Falling Leaves, Can You Catch Them?

Sehun doesn't remember when he started to like autumn so much. Perhaps it was the chilly weather after a period of intense heat, or maybe it was the slight gust of wind that carried signs of change. No, Sehun doesn't remember much about those first feelings of enjoyment. However, he remembers one image so clearly and strongly that it spreads throughout his body like a warm drink on a cold day whenever he catches a falling leaf in his hand. 

 


Sehun was darting between classes when it happened, his papers flying everywhere, making him have to stop every few seconds to pick them up. His hair was a mess from running his fingers through it so many times and he was cursing elegantly under his breath. " I'm gonna be late for class, Mr.Lu is gonna maul me when he sees me." Sehun muttered. He had no time to stop and think about anything other then getting through the massive throng of people that made up the student body. He found a group of people huddled around the tree in the courtyard which just conveniently happened to block his path.Sehun didn't have time for this, he didn't have time to worry about a massive amount of sweaty teenage bodies huddled around an already massive ancient tree. Getting to frustrated to care about being polite, Sehun squeezed his slender frame through the people, darting expertly to avoid their sharp pointy elbows. Just when he thought he was in the clear though, he was pushed into the center of the crowd, making him fall down on his beautiful . Sehun winced in pain and flushed in embarrassment, suddenly conscious of everyone's eyes around him. But as Sehun raised his head, he realized that no one was paying attention to him, and were instead completely mesmerized by something else. He followed their heavy gazes slowly and his eyes met with those of a young boy. Except he wasn't just a young boy. He had the softest features Sehun had ever laid his eyes on and the most gorgeous pair of slanted monolids ever. His white and youthful face was framed by bangs of soft orange hair the color of pumpkins. The beige knit sweater he wore hung delicately on his slender and toned frame, his thin and shapely legs were hugged by a pair of light denim washed jeans. He held in one hand, a steaming cup of what seemed like hot chocolate with jumbo marshmallows. was entranced, was this feeling like those cheesy Korean dramas his mom watches about love at first sight? However before Sehun could ponder on it any further, the boy commanded Sehun's attention by reaching a small hand out to catch a falling leaf from the oak tree. In that moment Sehun focused his eyes on the ethereal being sitting before him and never tore his gaze away. Suddenly, the boy shifted so that he was facing Sehun, and broke into the most heart warming lopsided grin ever. Sehun is stunned into silence and his mind at a complete blank, who was this strange yet beautiful human before him? Why does it that when he smiles, I feel warmth seeping into me? Just as Sehun was deep in thought, the bell rang. The group of students dispersed immediately, running to their classes, leaving Sehun and the boy alone, amidst falling leaves.