END.

STRIKING

[REQUESTED]

When your expectations get slapped in the face by reality.


 

The streets were heavy with traffic. Men and woman wandered around aimlessly in the heat, while others walked with purpose. Some even ran, sprinting through a crowd that wasn’t concerned with the individual in order to get where they urgently need to go. Somewhere, in the middle of the busy city, in between packed buildings, was a quiet cafe. People passed by, leaving the establishment unbothered, and it was at this time of day that there was little activity within the small shop. Inside, the employees chatted quietly, gathered behind the service counter. The nostalgic aroma of freshly baked pastries filled the air with a scent of fresh coffee beans that would occasionally touch the patrons’ senses. A single coffee machine ran, breaking the too-quiet atmosphere, adding to the overall calming, pleasant ambience.

In the back of the cafe, a small group sat, quietly chatting among themselves. Out of the five of them, one remained silent, tired and impatient.

“Bobby, fix your attitude,” one of the girls said, and the other said nothing, silently backing her up. “Hanbin’s supposed to introduce us to his boyfriend, and you’re going to scare the poor kid off. I don’t care if you’re sleepy. That’s what you get for staying up until eight in the morning.”

Bobby scowled, glaring at Hanbin, too terrified to talk back to Jennie.

“Where is he?”

Chanwoo sipped his tea quietly, eyes flickering back and forth between his hyungs.

Before he could reply, his phone rang. Bobby sat back with a sigh, crossing his arms as Hanbin answered the call without even looking at the phone. He greeted the caller casually, eyes on the front of the cafe as he sipped his soda. Suddenly, his expression melted and Hanbin perked up.

“Hey, Baby.”

Chanwoo choked, Bobby raised an eyebrow, and the girls lost it.

Under the sound of Chanwoo’s distressed coughs, they cooed quietly, their expression a mix of pain and envy. As Hanbin continued to speak over the phone in a softer tone than usual, Jennie placed her hand over her chest and pouted, eyes bright, and nodded her head.

She definitely approved of this relationship.

Jisoo, on the other hand, covered , leaning back as though she was being attacked. If Hanbin said Baby one more time, she was going to faint. This was too much; this was beyond cute. Every word that came out of the man’s mouth was laced with sugary sweetness and adoration. Jisoo wondered if his boyfriend had a sappy expression on his face to match the head over heels Hanbin was wearing.

It was so cute that everyone listening was, on some level, disgusted by the affectionate display. The two girls were torn between wanted to hear more and begging Hanbin to have mercy on their lonely hearts. The call did come to an end though, and Bobby was thankful, disturbed by how his friend had been acting. Hanbin was still in his little world of love when he had hung up, grinning to himself as he sent a few quick text. It was when he looked up from his phone that he realized all her friends were staring at him, and flushed in embarrassment. Hanbin stuffed his phone into his pocket, clearing his throat.

“He's on his way.”

“I can’t wait to meet him! I bet he’s adorable, oh my gosh―” Jennie cut herself off with an excited little squeak, bringing her hands to her face, unable to handle her feelings.

“I like how you call him Baby.” Jisoo smiled, playing with her cup. “It's cute.”

Hearing this, Bobby rolled his eyes so hard, Hanbin feared they would actually get stuck. He changed topics, deciding that everyone could find out more about his boyfriend when they met. Jisoo quickly followed, sensing Hanbin’s intentions.

Her eyes drifted briefly, and suddenly she stopped the conversation, eyeing mid-afternoon crowd. “Hanbin, it’s getting kind of crowded now. Do you know when your boyfriend will be here?”

“He should be here any minute, but I’m sure we’ll spot him,” Hanbin said, laughing. “Knowing him, he’s probably wearing all black.”

The words left before she could stop them.

That's your boyfriend?”

There was no way anyone could have missed him. Tall and lean, he towered over the other customers, standing out in the crowded cafe with his all black attire. The season was too hot for this, but the man didn’t seem to having any problem. Perhaps the ripped jeans and short sleeved shirt helped keep him cool. His features were eye catching as well; thick brows and lips with a defined jawline. And in contrast to his dark clothing his hair was bright blonde, bleached to the point of being almost white. His brilliant hair paired with his look was stunning enough to cause people to stop and stare.

“That's your boyfriend?” Chanwoo cleared his throat, swallowing hard. He wasn’t just looking; he was staring. He was staring so hard, he missed the glare Hanbin had shot him. “Okay. Wow.”

Cold, dark eyes swept the restaurant, just glazing over the table, searching. His brows pointed inward, making his gaze even sharper and his expression even more frightening. He let out sigh, glancing down at the phone in his hand, and the two girls at the table let out the breath they had been holding.

“I don't know if I'm scared or .”

“Jennie!”

Jisoo flushed in embarrassment, hitting her friend on the shoulder while shooting the boys a quick glance. Chanwoo was too enthralled to pay mind to what Jennie was explicitly saying out loud. Bobby had his eyes narrowed at both of the girls, and Jisoo looked away, turning her gaze to Hanbin who was rising from his sit. Rather than calling out to the blonde, Hanbin walked toward him with a look of awe and some concern.

Halfway across the room, Junhwe glanced up from his phone. The minute his eyes landed on Hanbin, his shoulders slumped, body sagging as he began to whine.

Hanbin! Look what he did to my hair!”

Hanbin quickly met the man the rest of the way, barely glancing at his friends, and soon worked out what the problem was. Donghyuk, a close friend of Junhwe's, had convinced the once brunette man to go blonde. He had been told that he would look good, stunning, but had Junhwe disagreed. He took one look in the mirror, and regretted.

“It's too bright!”

A sigh of escaped past Hanbin's lips. He stepped closer toward the complaining man, and tried to calm him down. He spoke quietly and carefully, doing to his best to sooth his sulking boyfriend.

Baby.

Before, to Hanbin's friends, the nauseating endearment was just that—nauseating. Then upon setting their eyes on Hanbin's boyfriend for the first time, the word just didn't fit. But now it made sense. Now they could match the name with the face—or at least fit the term of endearment with the man's behavior. And his behavior was totally unexpected; his appearance just didn't match at all. The four friends had been completely blindsided and were now watching the scene unfold in both bemusement and awe.

“Babe,” he said, placing his hands on his boyfriend’s shoulders. “Breath.”

Junhwe opened his mouth to speak, still clearly upset, but Hanbin shushed him and said, “I want to introduce you to my friends.”

The group shifted, brought back to reality—this strange, strange reality—preparing themselves for introduction. Except, Junhwe didn't seem interested in them at all. He barely turned his head as he gave them each a once over. His lips remained in thin, straight line and his eyes didn't warm in the slightest. He glanced away dismissively, focusing his attention on his boyfriend's, lips protruding out in a small pout.

“Okay, yeah, but my hair,” he said, whining, unable to let the issue go, and Hanbin rolled his eyes. “I'm going to kill Donghyuk for tricking me. Binnie, he's so mean. I'm gonna kill him and skin him alive and—”

“You look breathtaking, so stop and let me introduce you to my friends.”

Everyone inhaled sharply as Junhwe flushed at the sudden interruption. They waited a baited breath, bracing themselves for reprimanding words and hostility—but it never came.

“Breathtaking?” Junhwe sounded surprised, disbelieving, embarrassed. “Like this?”

Hanbin couldn't stop the smiling from spreading across his face.  

“Absolutely,” he said, letting his smile shift into a bit of teasing smirk as his hands inched up Junhwe's neck suggestively. “I can't wait to get my hands on that new hair of yours and—”

“Uh, excuse me?” Hanbin's head snapped in his friend's direction, where Bobby had his eyebrows raised in mild amusement and disgust. “Yeah, your friends? Still here. We do have eyes, you know. And ears—like, we can literally hear everything you're saying.”

The sweet smile on Junhwe's face dropped in an instant, and the atmosphere chilled. Slowly, he turned his head, fixing his eyes on the group before his gaze set on Bobby. The older man's mouth snapped shut, his body stiffening like a rod as Junhwe's expression fell even further away from innocence. As he stared at Bobby with a dark stare, in contrast, Hanbin smiled in amusement, his eyes lighting up happily.

“That's Bobby,” Hanbin said chuckling wrapping an arm around Junhwe's waist. “I told you about him before. He’s my best friend.”

The glare on the blonde’s face froze before writhing away. His lips pulled at the sides, a pathetic attempt at smiling.

“Hello, Bobby,” Junhwe said baring his teeth. “I'm so happy to finally meet you.”

There wasn’t any time for Bobby to return the sentiment, which he did not, because Jenni and Jisoo had stood up in greeting. With a single glance, Jisoo made Chanwoo stand while Jennie took Junhwe by the arm.

 “Sit next to us,” they said while pulling Junhwe from Hanbin’s side.

Bobby actually caught a flash of panic on his face as he dragged away. As he was settled between the two, he kept glancing at Hanbin, silently asking to be saved. Hanbin did nothing and sat directly across from him instead. Chanwoo slid back into the booth, this time beside Hanbin, a little put off by the sudden change of seating. Bobby sat back, watching everything play out. He said very little, eyeing Junhwe closely, observing his interaction with everyone else. Bobby had a sinking feeling that Junhwe and him wouldn’t be getting along in the future, especially since they somehow started off on the wrong foot.

At least Hanbin’s boyfriend was amicable with the two girls who took it upon themselves to carry the conversation and ask a million and one questions. He answered quietly, however, obviously overwhelmed. The difference from his appearance and behavior still bizzare. Occassionally, he would even stutter at Jennie's blunt questions and brutally explicit commentary.

“Oh, don't be shy,” she said, talking as though she were speaking to a child. “Loosen up little, it's fine. We’ll being seeing each other a lot from now on!”

At those words, Junhwe’s eyes locked with Bobby’s with a thin smile. Copying his expression, Bobby began to scream internally.

Both spoke simultaneously, knowing that they shared the same thought, completely opposite of their monosyllabic response.

Great.

This would be the start of a great friendship.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Author's Note: To be honest, I am not sure what I just wrote, but I satisfied the request~! Kind of screwed up but hey, it’s JUNBIN ;) Hope y’all enjoyed his even though it’s anti climatic (/^-^)/ Spreading JunBIn love around (omg sorry bobby ㅠㅠ)

Related Story : I'm Sorry But