Cat Visits @ 8 am

Cat Visits @ 8 am

Yesung usually arrives at 8 a.m. in his apartment from his night shift work at the call center.  He was surprised to see a cat and a wallet in front of his apartment door.  The cat went "Meow~!" after seeing Yesung and pushed the wallet with his head.

Yesung picked up the wallet and looked for clues as to who might own it.  He saw a business card.  "Is the owner of this wallet your owner too?"  Yesung asked but the cat simply stared at him.  "Oh well, might as well take you with me."  He picked up the cat and went on his way to find the owner.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Thank you so much for giving me back my wallet."  The owner of the wallet turns out to be an owner jewelry designer from a  famous company.  "But I don't own the cat though."

"Really?"  Yesung was surprised.  "I was assuming you did because the cat brought the wallet."  

"Then I should thank the cat as well."  The man pulled out some money from his money.  "Please take this as my sign of gratitude.  Get yourself some breakfast and some cat food for the cat."

Yesung blinked.  He tried to refuse but the man was persistent so he eventually accepted it and ended up having breakfast with the cat.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The only thing that Yesung learned about the cat was the name, Heebum, which could be read on his collar.  "Heebum, I'm really tired and sleepy right now so just be patient for a while, okay? We'll look for your owner when I wake up."  Yesung said, leaving the cat freely to roam around in his apartment as he went to sleep.

The moment he woke up though which was around the afternoon, he couldn't find the cat anywhere in his apartment.  He was a bit worried for the cat and hoped Heebum managed to find his way back to his owner.  Yesung wished he knew where the owner lived so he could give the cat food  to the owner.  There were still a couple of cat canned goods left in his kitchen.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Yesung was already in his pajamas as he looked at the time.  It was 7:55 a.m.  He arrived home pretty early from work today and now, he was getting ready to sleep.  He was already lying on his bed with his eyes closed when he heard a faint meow.

Yesung told himself that it was just his imagination or maybe he had started dreaming already but the meow sounds didn't stop so he eventually got out of the bed and went to open his front door.  Heebum was sitting right in front of his door with a gold wristwatch beside him.

"Heebum, why can't you bring these items to your owner instead?"  The cat didn't reply and simply stared at him.  Yesung gave out a frustrated sigh.  "Wait here.  I'll go change and then we'll look for the owner of that wristwatch.

The first thing they did was visit a pawnshop.  The gold wristwatch turned out to be very expensive and a limited edition.  The person in the pawnshop gave Yesung a list of the people he knew that owned this limited edition wristwatch.

Yesung was relieved to find out that the third person on the list was finally the owner of the gold wristwatch.  The owner turned out to be a car dealer.  He was given some free full tank gasoline tickets.  Yesung was happy that at least he wouldn't have to pay for the gasoline that was spent on looking for the owner.

When he got back to his apartment, he gave Heebum some cat food before going to sleep.  When he woke up, Heebum was gone again.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

At exactly 8 a.m., Yesung found Heebum sitting in front of his door with a key right next to him.  "Doing good deeds may be nice but it's tiring to do so when I just got home from work and haven't had any sleep yet."  Yesung said as he picked up the key from the floor.

The key was similar to his own apartment key but the long part was shaped differently and there was a door number engraved on the head of the key.  "Well, at least I don't have to use my car to look for the owner of this key."  Yesung picked up the cat and went on his way 2 floors above.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Heebum!!!"  Was the first thing the person said in surprise when he opened the door.  Heebum instantly jumped from Yesung's arms to that person's arms.

"Does that mean you own the cat?"  Yesung blinked.

"Yes.  Did my cat give you any trouble?"  

"Yeah but not the bad kind of trouble."  Yesung chuckled.  "You have a good cat."  

"I'm glad to hear that.  Would you like to come in?  I'm currently making breakfast.  We can eat it  together."  The person opened the door wider and stepped aside.

"That would be lovely."  Yesung replied as he stepped inside the apartment.

They introduced themselves so Yesung finally learned that the name of Heebum's owner is Heechul.  Yesung talked about his experiences with Heebum and Heechul shared his own experiences as well.

"I was annoyed at him the other day and told him to bother someone else.  I knew my cat was smart but I didn't think he would actually understand it and go bother someone else.  I'm just glad that person is you, Yesung."  Heechul said sincerely.  

"I actually just live 2 floors below.  You should come by tomorrow with Heebum and have breakfast together again."  Yesung said casually.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

At exactly 8 a.m. the next day,  Yesung found not just Heebum sitting in front of his apartment door but Heebum being carried in the arms of his beautiful owner, Heechul.

"Before you start cooking breakfast, there's something I want to confess and I'm not sure if you'd still want to have breakfast with me afterwards."  Heechul said nervously.  His pointy finger was rubbing on Heebum's head out of nervousness but the cat seem to be liking it.

"What is it?"  Yesung curiously asked.  He couldn't think imagine how bad Heechul's confession could possibly be.

"I lied a bit yesterday about being annoyed at Heebum and telling him to go bother someone else.  I specifically told Heebum to bother you.  The wallet and the wristwatch belonged to my friends.  I told them not to tell you about me being the owner.  I wanted out meeting to be like fate or coincidence but I felt guilty after having breakfast with you."  Heechul felt a burden being lifted off his chest but he was still feeling nervous as to what Yesung's reaction might be.

"So you've liked me all along?"  Yesung asked incredulously.  He couldn't believe that such a beautiful person with a smart cat could actually like him and even went all the way as to planning what happened for the last 3 days of Yesung's life.

"Yes.  I've always noticed you ever since you've moved in your apartment.  You had been always good looking but ever since you got a job at the call center, you looked more tired lately and it made me want to take care of you."  Heechul blushed as he managed to confess his feelings.

"I'm going to cook breakfast now."  Yesung announced.  "And we're going to spend breakfast together from now on."

"So... we're okay, right?"  Heechul asked as he followed Yesung to the kitchen.

"We're more than okay."  Yesung instantly spin around and surprised Heechul with a kiss.  Then he placed a quick kiss on Heebum's head before turning again to focus on making breakfast.

Heebum meowed happily.

THE END

 

A/N:This pairing  was requested by Jooniemoon months ago but I only decided to post it now as a Xmas gift ^^ but I also hope that the readers would like this fic and comment or subscribe ^^

 

If you liked this pairing, then check out Kiss Thief.

 

This fic is a part of Different Hours Of The Day Series