Chapter 1

Mob
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The sound of a door being broken into startled Chanwoo from his sleep, his eyes popping open almost painfully as his heart accelerated from the shock of being scared, it took him a moment to gather himself- his eyes still hazy and his mind still way too groggy to focus- but when he came to fear smacked him right in the face. 

The place he was in was not where he fell asleep at, he had fallen asleep in his bed at the hotel, exhausted from the previous concert and countless cameras following him- this, well this was definitely not a hotel room, but a warehouse. Everything was empty save for a few barrels laying around and a bottle of pills beside him (which helped none of his growing hysteria) to make it worse the warehouse just looked so…dull, as if something could go wrong any minute.

A gun shot rang out near him as soon as he had that thought and he jumped, the sound startling him so hard he ducked immediately to cover himself on instinct, but his knee hit the floor so hard that a grunt of pain left his lips. 

“Move one more step Jung Chanwoo and I will kill you this time!” A familiar angry voice called out making Chanwoo look up from his position on the floor while rubbing his, now, injured knee. When he saw who it was his jaw dropped from the shock and he gaped like a fish, watching as a rarely angry Kim Donghyuk stalked up to him, but what made him scurry back wasn’t the expression but the rather intimidating gun that was in his hand pointed towards him menacingly. 

Something was clearly wrong. 

Donghyuk was wearing a full American style suit, a jacket that was double ed and fit to snuggle his body showing off his rather masculine body that still held elegance, accompanied by a rather expensive looking pair of slacks- he looked as if he were going an award show, but that was definitely not the case. 

So what the hell was going on? 

The sudden sound of a click awoke him from his mind and his eyes narrowed into the barrel that was now right between his eyes, an obvious one shot kill if the trigger was pressed. Everything was going in circles now, the disgusting pale grey covering the walls of the warehouse turning even uglier and the hard concrete floor that was only make his knee pain worse suddenly disappearing. 

“Your little tricks don’t work anymore- where’s Jinhyeong, Chanwoo?” Donghyuk’s voice was harsh, rough almost, and he blinked his mouth dropping agape again like earlier making a surge of panic rush through him as he stuttered rather pathetically “J-Jinhyeong hyung? W-what are you talking about hyung?” Donghyuk’s eyes narrowed at the beginning of his sentence but his eyes lost the edge it once had when the word ‘hyung’ slipped out of his mouth

“Hyung? We’re not friends you little , hand over your brother before I kill you” ‘Brother? Jinhyeong was his brother? What the hell was going on?!’ 

Suddenly the barrel of the gun pressed even more closely to him startling him from his mini mid-life crisis and he spat out hurriedly, trying anything to quell the situation “I really don’t know what you’re talking about! I don’t even know where this is hyung!” Donghyuk blinked at him, his eyes giving him a hard look as he looked Chanwoo up and down, he moved the gun back but he didn’t lower it, but it was enough for Chanwoo to calm down some though. 

Chanwoo let out a breath of relief as he watched Donghyuk struggle within himself, obviously unsure whether or not to believe Chanwoo, and he desperately hoped that this Donghyuk was like his, that Donghyuk would be able to see the truth easily. “Get up” Donghyuk commanded kicking him, ‘How rude’ Chanwoo thought spitefully standing up and almost stumbling from the numbness that spread. 

“If you’re lying I will find out, and I swear to God I’ll kill you on the spot” Donghyuk hissed and then snatched Chanwoo’s wrist before tugging him along. Chanwoo could do nothing but follow, now truly and absolutely terrified, Donghyuk swearing to God was something his Donghyuk would never do, and from how harshly he talked- there was no doubt in Chanwoo’s mind that he wasn’t home anymore. 

This wasn’t his time period- or maybe it wasn’t his world? No, things like this only happened in dramas, he couldn’t just suddenly go from being an idol to suddenly being a criminal of some sort? This was impossible and yet…the evidence was right in front of his face, he was definitely not with his hyung’s anymore. 

It didn’t take them long to get out of the warehouse and inside Donghyuk’s car (that literally looked like a CEO’s car, it took a moment for Chanwoo to stop staring at the whole thing in awe, it only earned him an irritated grunt from Donghyuk though). When they were in the car driving to who knows where, they sat in a tense and awkward silence- Donghyuk still brooding and Chanwoo scared for his life. 

He tried to think of how this all came to be, the person he was, was still Jung Chanwoo- but this Chanwoo had obviously done something dangerous enough to earn a gun pointed at him. And what about the warehouse and the drugs next to him? He couldn’t even get a good look at it before Donghyuk had snatched it away and practically kidnapped him. Things weren’t adding up, but then again things weren’t exactly sane for him either at the moment.   

After a couple of minutes he finally gotten absolutely sick of the silence and managed to gather his courage to ask with a mumble “Who are you exactly?” Donghyuk glanced at him briefly before returning his gaze to the front of the car “I thought you would know since you called me hyung” 
Chanwoo blinked, was he supposed to be familiar with this Donghyuk? Did this Chanwoo know him well? But then why was he trying to kill him? Chanwoo decided that staying silent was probably best, but it didn’t stop him from mumbling “Unless you’re my lovable, kind Kim Donghyuk- then no” 

Apparently his mumble didn't go unheard because Donghyuk’s head snapped right towards him and whispered a “What did you say?” Chanwoo looked back at him wide eyed before sputtering in panic “Eyes back on the rode hyung!” The honorific came out automatically and Chanwoo wanted to curse himself for it, but he had no time to before Donghyuk glared at him with contempt and then  suddenly doing a sharp right turn that had Chanwoo practically clutching to the seat belt as if it’ll save him if an accident happened. 

To make things even more odd Donghyuk had done it right in front of a police car and yet nothing happened, not even a siren turning on (there went his small hope), and Chanwoo was pretty damn sure that, that turn was an illegal one. 

“They won’t do anything” Donghyuk hummed, his tone bristle as if he were reading his thoughts and Chanwoo looked at his…at this Donghyuk skeptically, “Hanbin has them on his payroll” Donghyuk continued as if talking about the weather. 

…What? Hanbin hyung was here too? And had them on his payroll? Like a gangster?! By the end of his thoughts a different type of fear settled in him and he leaned back in the chair, suddenly very afraid despite the fact that Donghyuk said he wouldn’t hurt him just yet, the whole time travel thing was seeming very truthful at the moment because this seriously couldn't be real.

If his predictions were true then why was Hanbin a gangster? Why was Donghyuk? What about the rest of the members?! And why were they looking for Jinhyeong, were they planning on possibly…killing him? 

The thought made Chanwoo’s stomach roll and he held in the urge to vomit, suddenly disgusted at himself for thinking that his hyung’s would ever do something like that- and yet here he was, a vicious Donghyuk by his side; who just minutes ago held a gun to his head and threatened to take his life. Whatever this place, or world, or alternate reality- was, it wasn’t going to be easy for Chanwoo to live in nor adjust. 

“When we get there don’t say a word, don’t look at anyone, don’t respond to taunts- even if they actually hit you, don't do anything” Chanwoo looked at Donghyuk with widened and frightened eyes, his grip on the seatbelt becoming so tight that his blood circulation was about to stop, but before a word could come out Donghyuk was suddenly pulling up in front of two large gates. Donghyuk waved at security and they let him in without fuss, but not before throwing Chanwoo the harshest glare he had ever received in his short life. 

The looks he got made him sink further into the chair hoping to possibly suffocate there, but that thought left when he saw the house they were pulling up to- no, it wasn't a house, it was a mansion that could only be afforded by chaebols (or those who worked in the underground and did organized crime). Chanwoo gawked at it and quickly looked around, almost liked an excited child, completely missing Donghyuk eyeing him with a frown. 

“Get out” Donghyuk ordered once he parked the car and Chanwoo hurried to comply, scared that he would only upset Donghyuk further. “Do you remember what I said?” Donghyuk asked a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter