Haunted (Cello)

Haunted (Cello)

  (I finally added some edits to this because I reread it and cringed XD enjoy!!!)

word count: 3496

 (Please keep in mind this isn't an EXACT match to the movie that it's just based off of it so I'm not going to get every detail correct. I left parts out and I'm pretty sure it's out of order so XD but I tried to make it as good as possible so please enjoy!)

 

     An ambulance rushes across the busy street

     A man dressed in green plays a sad song on his cello

     His hands move the bow across the strings slowly

     Two nurses push a bed down the hospital hallway, carrying a twitching, bloodied body 

     The blood runs down his soft cheeks, his eyes squeeze shut 

     A woman wipes the red pools collecting between his eyes as he gasps for air

     He stops moving, and the world turns black 


 

 

     Seokjin stands in the doorway of the classroom, watching the group of students play their cellos, and the teacher waves her hands, directing their song. After they're done, the teacher bows and dismisses them, then turns toward Jin. 

     "Good afternoon, Seokjin" 

     Seokjin talks with the teacher, she gives him papers, then he leaves her room. He takes the papers and goes to his locker, and slips a pill into his mouth. From the corner of his eye he sees one of the students and asks why she's here.

     "This is the teacher's lounge..." he says, "you aren't allowed to be in here'

     The girl sports a cocky smile, "don't you understand? you ruined my life. Don't play dumb with me"

     She pulls out papers and throws them on the ground, "all of this... ruined because of you"

     Seokjin turns to face her and the girl scratches his wrist, in the same spot where he has three deep scars which he covered with his sleeves. 

     "Are you happy? You should be..." the girl turns and leaves the room. Seokjin is breathing heavily now, staring at his scars. 

     

      He makes his way to his car, looking around, paranoid because of what the girl said.

      are you happy? You should be

     He's driving down the road, and spots a tape in the papers the teacher gave him. He stops at a red light, and looks at it for a second. Unreadable letters are spread across the label, and Seokjin squints at them before sliding the tape into the player on his dash.

     As soon as the soft cello music starts to play, his ears ring, his head hurts, and he hears the honk of a horn before he screams and hits the side of a truck. 


 

     

     Seokjin pulls into his garage, and sets the tape down on a shelf against the wall after giving it a strange look. His phone rings and he looks at it

     Are you happy? You should be

      He ignores it and goes into the house.

     "Anyone home?" He sets his bag down on the sofa and steps down the hallway. 

     "Namjoon? Hoseok? Jungkook?" He makes his way to Junkook's bedroom. All the lights are off and it's completely dark. 

     "Jimin?" He opens the door. Jimin's bedroom is empty. 

     Seokjin goes up to the attic and sees Jimin sitting in a chair staring out the window. 

     "Jimin...?" 

     The lights turn on. 


 

 

    "Happy birthday to you~ happy birthday to you~ happy birthday dear Seokjin~" 

     All of them are standing in the attic, his youngest son, Jungkook, has a giant smile across his face. 

     Seokjin blows out the candles on his birthday cake and Hoseok pulls out a wrapped present. He tears away the green paper, revealing a record. 

     "He searched every record shop in New York to find that" Hoseok beams, talking about his fiance. 

     "Aww ,Hobi, thank you so much" Jin's face lit up. 

     Namjoon stands up and tells his husband to sit down and close his eyes for his present. Seokjin nods and sits down as the other man pulls a diamond necklace out of his pocket and lays it across his collarbone. Jin gasps and opens his delicate eyes as his thin fingers run across the pendant. 

     "Jungkook and Jimin have a present too" Namjoon spreads his large arms around Seokjin. Jungkook stands in front of Jimin.

     "One, two, three, four, five" Jimin and Jungkook count on their fingers together. Jin laughs and claps, proud of his young sons.

     


 

 

     Seokjin sits in the bathtub with Jimin, smiling happily as he watches his son count quietly on his fingers. 

     Jungkook is in Hoseok's bedroom, talking and singing. Jungkook points to a nice suit hanging on his uncle's wall and asks if it's for when he marries his fiance.

     "It sure is!" Hobi dances across the room to the crimson suit, playing with the dark, velvety sleeves. Jungkook looks sad.

     "What's wrong?" He runs his fingers through the small boy's hair.

     "When you get married... will you still live with us?" 

     Hoseok smiles at Jungkook, "I'll still come to see you" 

     Jungkook looks over at the picture of Hoseok and his fiance on the wall. 


 

     Seokjin is walking down the street, holding Jimin's small hand. Jimin looks at a shop and runs towards it, guiding his father. There are two well made cellos sitting in the window display, and Jimin asks if Jin can teach him to play, since his father was once a cellist. Seokjin says that he will and buys the cello.


 

     Hobi welcomes the new maid, who he learns goes by Yoongi. He walks him across the house, showing the man each room. Hoseok opens the door to his room, knocking over a box, spilling its contents all over the already messy floor. Yoongi bends down to pick them up, but Hobi stops him.

     "No, no, I'll get it later." Hoseok doesn't mind that the maid can't talk, due to drinking acid in a failed attempt to commit suicide. He feels sorry for the young man.

     Yoongi is standing in front of the picture of his fiance, and Hobi gets up, "that's my fiance and me! Isn't he handsome? He's in America right now but when he gets back-"

     He notices the maid isn't paying attention to him, just staring intensely at the photo. 


 

     Jimin and Jin walk down the driveway, the cello in its case on the boy's back. The dog barks at Jimin and the child shoots him an evil look behind his father's back, and the dog whimpers and sits back in its house.      

     The two enter and Seokjin spots the maid and Hobi waves and smiles. 

     "I thought he wasn't supposed to be here till tomorrow" Jin eyes the maid. He is silent, and stares, standing with his arms at his sides, his dark hair neatly brushed to his forehead. The man is creepy, Jin doesn't want him near his children, but Namjoon explained they're letting him stay because of pity, the poor soul had his family die in front of him in a fatal car crash, him being the only survivor. He had tried committing suicide, including drinking acid which made him mute. 

     But it isn't just that... he has a weird aura. 

     As Seokjin lays his bag on the sofa he gets a text, and picks up his phone in case Namjoon has said something. 

     are you happy? You should be

     He ignores it. 


  

     He sits behind Jimin, holding his hand, teaching him to play the cello. Namjoon is standing in the doorway, Jungkook begging him to let him play it too. Namjoon says to wait and maybe daddy will teach him later. 

     Hobi calls them down to dinner and Seokjin get up and tells Jimin to wash his face. 


 

     

     Seokjin bows to the maid, who is making a cup of tea to bring to Namjoon in his office. Seokjin says he'll take care of it and grabs the tray. 

     He enters his husband's office, and Namjoon looks up, expecting Yoongi, but sees it's his husband and a big smile cracks across his face. 

     "Hon... don't you think that this maid is a little bit... you know... depressing for our household?" 

     Namjoon sets down his pen and gives Seokjin a disapproving glare, saying with his eyes "we've talked about this". Jin nods and apologises, then leaves the room. 


 

     Jin is trying to sleep, but he can't. He feels something pulling the blankets. 

     "Seokjin, wake up, open your eyes" Jin gasps, it's Namjoon's voice. He shakes Namjoon awake. 

     "Wh-what? What's wrong~" Namjoon opens his eyes and looks at Seokjin's sweaty, tear stained face.

     "D-did you say my name?" Jin manages with shaking breaths. 

     "No ,love, I think you're just dreaming, go to sleep." Namjoon rolls over again.

     Seokjin lays back onto the pillow and closes his eyes.

     Something is crawling up the blankets.

     He can feel it. Its skin, its hair, even its breath. Its cold hands pressed against his skin and he couldn't move. 

     It's almost at his chest, and it grabs his neck as Seokjin can hear a low static sound.

     He sees a mass of black hair, and a pale face, come up from the blanket. Seokjin is so terrified he can't even scream. 

     are you happy? You should be

     


 

     Seokjin arrives at work. He bows to the teachers in the teacher's lounge and goes to his locker, popping a pill in his mouth. Jin fumbles with the lock, his hands still shaking from the incident last night. 

     I was just dreaming I was just dreaming. Then why was it so real? 

 

     When he opens his locker door, he gasps and screams. A dead bird, covered in maggots is sitting in his locker.

     His phone rings. 

     are you happy? You should be 

      He runs to the music room and hits the student who's been texting him. 

     "You really think this is funny??" He throws the box with the dead bird at her head, "it's not!" 

     The teacher runs over to him and grabs his arm, "what are you doing??" She sees the dead bird and stops. 

     Jin tears from her grasp and leaves the room, wiping his eyes. 


 

     The girl reports Seokjin. A policeman stares at them both, her mother decides she should into the matter.

     "He hit her" the over-sized woman screams "isn't that not allowed? Shouldn't he be in trouble?" She is throwing her arms into the air.

     "Ma'am''

     "No!" The woman screams as her daughter's smug face becomes somehow more smug, "my beautiful daughter! She never did anything!"

     The man asks to speak to Seokjin in private. He says he looked at the texts, and there is no evidence that they were sent by the girl. 

     Jin is sent home.


 

   

     Seokjin comes home to Hobi's crying. He has locked himself in his room, screaming about his fiance and how he's a traitor.

     He's wearing his crimson suit, his hair terribly messed up. His face is painted white, black eye makeup smeared across his teary cheeks.

     Namjoon is standing at Hobi's doorway, asking him to open the door. He is only answered by loud screams. Jungkook is standing by his father, holding his stuffed bear close to his face. He's begging Seokjin to tell him Hobi is okay.

     Hobi stops his rampage and looks at the picture of his fiance. He's breathing heavily.

     A face is appearing on the picture, behind his fiance. It is pale, with black hair. A white hand reaches out of the frame, along with a head, a pale face looking into his eyes. The man's broken body crawls down the wall and pushes Hobi out his window, his curtains wrapping around his neck. 

     Everything goes quiet.

     Namjoon is finally able to open the door of Hobi's room, only to see Hoseok is gone and the window is wide open, and realizes what has happened. He turns toward Seokjin and tells him to put Jungkook back into bed. Seokjin nods and puts his youngest son to bed, and hurries to his bedroom to check on Jimin, who was having nightmares and wanted to sleep with them that night.

     Jimin is standing by the window, in the dark, looking at Hobi's hanging body through the open curtains.    

          

 


 

     Namjoon is at work, when he receives a call. The man on the other end says there is no record of a phone call with his fiance, no records of anything explaining the man's odd behavior. He sighed. 

     Namjoon gets home, and looks through Hobi's room. He finds a yearbook, which has Seokjin's name on it. He's looking at all the pictures and...

     On each page, someone named Taehyung's face is scribbled out. There is a picture of him next to Seokjin, his head is cut out of the picture. 

     When his husband gets home, Namjoon questions him. 

     "Who is Taehyung?" 

     When his husband hears the name, his face clouds over. 

      "He's no one" 

     "I found your yearbook... his face is scribbled out" 

     Seokjin is angry at his husband for looking through his stuff "I didn't kill him!" 

     Namjoon grabs his husband's shoulders, "who is he" his voice is stern 

     Seokjin is shaking, sweating, "I DIDN'T KILL HIM" 

     "IT WASN'T MY FAULT HE DIED I DIDN'T KILL HIM"


 

     Seokjin is jealous.

     He resents Taehyung.

     No matter what they are doing,Taehyung is better. He is always one step above Seokjin.

     So one night when he is driving Taehyung home, they crash. 

 

     They are hanging off the side of a bridge, Seokjin still in his seat, Taehyung grasping the side of the car, begging for Jin to save him.

     "Please" Taehyung cries to Jin, he doesn't want to die. 

     Jin moves across the car and grabs Taehyung's arm, "please Jin, please, don't let me fall" 

     Taehyung slips but Jin catches him, "Please Seokjin I don't want to die" 

     Taehyung's scared face is covered in blood and tears. 

     But Seokjin remembers his jealousy. That Taehyung is always better. He hates him, he resents him. He knows it isn't Teahyung's fault, but he shakes his head.

     One by one, he lifts a finger off of Tae's arm. Taehyung's fingernails rip the skin on Seokjin's wrist, leaving three deep cuts as he tries not to fall.

     "PLEASE SEOKJIN DON'T DO THIS PLEASE I DON'T WANT TO DIE DON'T LET ME GO I-"

     He lifts the last finger, and Taehyung falls. 

 


 

          

      Jimin is playing the cello, and Jungkook opens the door. 

     "Hyung" Jungkook whines, "I wanna play it" 

     Jimin ignores Jungkook and keeps playing. Jungkook cries and tries to rip the bow out of Jimin's hands but his brother bites him. Jungkook screams and wants to leave, but the walls turn black and the door doesn't open. 

     "YOONGI" Jungkook is screaming, "Yoongi let me out help me I want Daddy!" 

     Jungkook is hanging off the balcony. 

 


 

    Jimin is squatting above him. He begs his big brother to help him but Jimin says nothing. Seokjin runs out to see why Jungkook is screaming, and sees the scene. 

    "No, Jimin don't do it!" Jin screams as Jimin plucks Jungkook's small fingers off the edge, one by one.

     "One, two, three, four, five" Jimin counts as his struggling brother screams. 

     Jungkook falls and Seokjin cries and runs towards him. He inspects his small body, he is dead. Jin is holding his child in his arms, sobbing. 

     Seokjin doesn't tell Namjoon. He doesn't want Jimin in trouble. Jungkook is hidden in the basement, in the cello case.


 

     Namjoon notices his son is missing, and asks Seokjin about it. 

     "He went to camp today..." Jin lies.

     "I thought that you didn't want him to go to camp... you said it's too dangerous" Namjoon looks at his husband.

     "He really wanted to... so I let him go today, he is a big kid right so..."

     Namjoon buys it.

     Later Namjoon wants to call Jungkook so he tries his phone. Jungkook doesn't answer. He tries again. He can hear faint ringing. 

     The basement? He presses his ear against the door. Jungkook's phone is ringing in the basement. Namjoon slowly goes down the steps. 

     The ringing gets clearer. 

      He can see the cello case and the small body inside of it. Jungkook. He gasps. 

     "It's not what you think" He turns and sees Seokjin behind him. His husband is walking toward him slowly, "he fell" 

     Namjoon is startled. He grabs Jin's neck. 

     "WHY? OUR SON!"

     Jin gasps for air and struggles, "I... didn't... kill... him" 

     "WHY SEOKJIN WHY?" 

     Namjoon is fighting him, choking him, anger tearing down his face. Jin pushes Namjoon against the wall. 

     His husband whimpers as his head cracks loudly against the bricks.

     "Seokjin, wake up, open your eyes" he says.

     Namjoon falls to the ground and Jin screams and sobs. He shakes his head and cries, going up the the house. 

 


 

      He stops at the staircase, where he sees the black hair and pale face of Taehyung. He realizes what's happening. Seokjin gets onto his knees. 

      "Please whatever you do, please don't hurt Jimin"

      Taehyung doesn't speak, just stares at him, and starts back upstairs. 

      "PLEASE whatever you do, don't hurt Jimin, I'll do anything, I'll stab myself, I'll even claw my eyes out just don't hurt him!" 

      Taehyung keeps walking and Seokjin screams. He grabs a knife from the kitchen, and runs at Taehyung, stabbing him in the back. Taehyung falls to the ground and Seokjin stabs him again, and again, until he swears he has drained every drop of blood from the man. Then he is screaming.

     Yoongi is laying beneath him, his face frozen in shock from his sudden bloody death, back bloody with stab wounds. Seokjin is now staring in fear at what he has done, then hears the cello being played upstairs. 

     Jimin. Taehyung is going to kill Jimin.

     He runs to Jimin's room, seeing the small boy playing the large instrument. He shrieks and grabs it from Jimin's arms, Jimin screaming in protest. He beats the instrument until it breaks, and throws it against the wall. He is turning toward Jimin. 

     But Jimin is gone.

     There is something on Jimin's bed, under the covers. He pulls the blanket down.

     The cello. Seokjin turns around. 

     Jimin is laying against the wall, beaten bloody, the picture frame hanging from his wall broken and glass spread all over the floor. He holds his child, crying and shaking, seeing what he has done to his own son. 

     Then he feels a cold hand across his own. He sees Taehyung's white hand grabbing a shard of glass and aiming it towards his neck. Seokjin shakes his head, fighting, and crying. The glass pierces his throat.

      

     seokjin, wake up, open your eyes 

     

 

     An ambulance rushes across a busy street

     Taehyung, dressed in all green, plays a sad song on his cello

     His hands move the bow across the strings slowly

     Two nurses push a bed down the hospital hallway, carrying Seokjin 

     The blood runs down his soft cheeks, his eyes squeeze shut 

     A woman wipes the red pools collecting between his eyes as he gasps for air 

     He jerks awake, and opens his eyes 

 

     He is greeted by Namjoon's tight hug and warm kisses. His two sons embrace him. Hoseok is watching, smiling.

     On his way home from work, he was hit by a truck, and was hit in the head. They say he is lucky to have survived. And the nurse claims he is lucky to have such a great husband, who sat by him the whole time, whispering in his ear seokjin, wake up, open your eyes.

      His family goes home and he rests, and he can go home tomorrow. 


 

     He pulls into the garage, and relaxes in his seat. He sighs. 

      it was all a dream 

     He smiles. He can't wait to go home, to embrace Namjoon, to tuck in his kids. 

     His phone rings   

     Are you happy? You should be

     

    He shakes his head. He ignores it and enters the house. 

     "Anyone home?" He sets his bag on the sofa.

     "Namjoon? Hoseok? Jungkook?" He makes his way to Jimin's room. It is empty. 

     He goes up to the attic, where he sees Jimin sitting in a chair looking out the window. 

     "Jimi-"

     The light turns on.


 

     "Happy birthday to you~ happy birthday to you~ happy birthday dear Seokjin~" 

     They're all standing there, Jungkook, his youngest son has a huge smile across his face. He blows out the candles on the cake, and Hobi hands him a wrapped present. 

     He tears back the green paper, to reveal a record. 

     "He looked all over New York for it, I hope you like it!" Hoseok smiles, talking about his fiance. 

     But Seokjin doesn't respond. He's too bust staring at the record.

 

     In white, on the back, it is written,

   

              Are you happy? You should be. This is only the beginning.

                             -Taehyung 

     

 

(Please please please please pleaseeee comment and/or upvote if you read this far and liked it!! I feel it was a little short but I hoped you liked it ^-^ it took me about 7 hours to complete lol so I'm proud)