hymn for the missing; {krishan, angst, very short dialogue-heavy drabble}

Chinalined Notes

"Please, Yifan, don't do this."

Lu Han's choking sob of a plea embeds itself in the receiver. He's snuck out from the dorm, calling from a payphone so his call can't be traced. He watches rain peel down the cracked plastic surface of the booth's exterior.

"Luhannie, listen.. You know better than anyone why I did this, you know how hard it—"

"How hard it is for you? Right. You bastard, how hard do you think it is for the others right now? For the Korean members, for Taozi, for Yixing, for me? Leaving all of us behind like this.. Some leader you are. Can you really only think of yourself?"

"I know you don't think I'm doing the right thing.." Yifan trails off, his breathing heavy over the line. "...but please understand me. Xiao Lu, maybe you can come with me when I reach a resolution with the company."

"I don't want to come with you! Why would I want to come with you?" Lu Han practically growls. His sadness turns to anger, hot in his throat.

"I thought you might still love me."

"You lost my love the moment you left us without a word."

"Please understand me. I did this for us." Yifan repeats.

The only reply he gets is the click of a disconnection.