Present

Sketch
Please log in to read the full chapter

A/N: I apologised that this second chapter took a lot longer than I promised. I was on an oversea trip after writing the first chapter and only managed to write this chapter during my free time. 

It took some time but here it is! I really hope it's good! Do comment and give this story an upvote of you enjoy it! Questions are always welcome if you feel there's a need to understand the story better :)

Not edited so pardon for any errors! 

*this is one long author's note >.<


__________________________________

Author's POV


Present

The girl did one final check on everything in the gallery before proceeding outside for the launch event. 

"Thank you for joining us on opening of 'SUN Gallery' and Fund-raising event. Let's all put our hands together to welcome Ms Park Hyomin!" The MC announced loudly through the mic. 

Hundreds of guests were gathered outside of the large building on this very evening where Hyomin had successfully opened another art gallery in Seoul. There's a wave of loud cheers and claps when the doors flung open. 

In less than an hour, the event had already raised billions through the sold art pieces produced by Hyomin as well as a few pieces contributed by reputable friends in the same line of work. 

Hyomin wakes around her gallery with a glass of chanpange in her hand. She spent her time around socialising, meeting people, explaining her artwork and thanking buyers. 

"Ms Park, may I ask you a question? A little girl in a dress spoke out when Hyomin was busy explaining a piece of her work to a group of high profile guests. 

Hyomin turned her attention to the girl but before she could speak, the girl's parents stepped in to apologise immediately. 

"It's alright, it's good for children to clear their doubts.." Hyomin replied smiling. 

"Why don't you do portraits?" The girl asked.

The question had indeed got Hyomin to think. There was indeed tons of different pieces of art hung around the gallery, there were lots of abstract arts and others but none when it comes to portraits. In fact Hyomin herself had never yet produced one portrait for the world to see. 

There's was a moment of awkward silence while everyone waited eagerly for an answer from the artist herself. 

"I guess I'm not good at it yet, but one day I'll produce one, when I've mastered portrait painting." Hyomin replied softly while holding on the girl's hand. 

The crowd was relieved to hear that they can expect more from Hyomin and cleared the way. 

But deep down Hyomin knew that it was a lie, she knew she was well equipped with the basics of portrait painting. In fact she was an expert. But she didn't understand why she had to lie. 

Maybe it's because the artist herself wanted to paint the very person she love, just like her uncle. 

Hyomin tried to make a hasty retreat to a corner until a voice stopped her. 

"Hyomin!" The female voice was clear but delicate , "Are you running away as soon as you saw me?".

Hyomin froze and turned around smiling cheekily. 

"Of course not! Qri unnie". 

Hyomin greeted and approached Qri to show her around. 

"Hey I was there earlier you know? When the little girl asked you. Y-you lied didn't you? I remembered the portrait you painted of me, you know that night where you got drunk and pounced all over me."

Hyomin faced lit up bright red and quickly took a bite-sized sandwich nearby and stuffed it into her Qri unnie's mouth. 

"Unnie! You must be hungry."

"Don't be shy, Park Hyomin. We're adults now. It was amazing by the way, and when are you sending it over? I've been waiting for so long, are you keeping it so you can stare at it all day?" Qri smirked and slapped Hyomin's . 

Hyomin was about to fight back when she suddenly noticed the crowd moving towards the entrance. 

The pair walked swiftly out of the gallery to see what the commotions about. 

"Ms Park! Please look this way!"

"Ms Park! Smile!"

"Miss Park. Camera's here!"

The reporters where shouting and snapping their cameras away at the arrival of one of the gallery's guest. 

"Who's she?" Hyomin asked. 

"Seriously?" 

"Hey I'm not in Seoul often, plus I left the invitations to Soyeon, Boram and Eunjung."

"You'll know when you see her." Qri muttered and patted the younger girl on the shoulder. 

Hyomin tried to get past the crowd to see who was this famous guest of hers that managed to steal her show, but when she saw the face of the person, Hyomin herself got mesmerised by her beauty. 

It was Hyomin's second time being attracted to a lady, the same lady. Park Jiyeon. 

Hyomin remained rooted on the ground even when Jiyeon had made her way towards her. The two met for the first time after years at the entrance of the gallery. Neither of them spoke, both just stood before and looked at one another. 

"Sorry, Miss Hyomin. This is Park Jiyeon, our VIP for tonight's charity event. Miss Jiyeon, this is Park Hyomin, our Creative Director. This gallery is owned by her and majority of the art pieces are produced by her." Soyeon, who's Hyomin's assistance rushed in to introduced the two. 

Jiyeon reached her hand out and shook hands with Soyeon and Hyomin. 

"I see that you left the invitations to your assistants, Hyomin unnie." Jiyeon said. 

Smiling, the younger girl took the initiative to hook her arm on Hyomin's and strolled into the gallery. 

"Jiyeon..."

"Just walk."

Despite looking alright to others, both of them felt awkward with each other, the atmosphere was too much for Hyomin's liking and she decided to break the ice. 

"How are you?" Hyomin spoke softly while bringing the Jiyeon around the gallery. By now, the whole place was filled with people once again. 

"I'm good." 

Sensing Jiyeon's cold reply, the older girl directed her attention away and asked Soyeon and Boram to help bring out more art pieces that were kept in the storage room. 

The older girl took a quick glance at the younger girl and decide to bring up that very question that she is dying to ask. 

"How is your relationship with Lee Dong Gun?" Hyomin asked. 

There was a moment of silence before Jiyeon muttered softly. 

"Very good." 

Hyomin felt her heart sank and kept silent throughout the rest of the night. 

The event lasted for another few hours and finally ended. Hyomin found the younger girl and walked Jiyeon to the car porch. 

"Need me to give you a ride home?" Hyomin asked kindly. 

"It's

Please log in to read the full chapter