(Un)wanted Marriage

(Un)wanted Marriage

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Baekhyun was sitting on his bed, bedroom door closed. He was confused, holding his head in his hands.

 

 

It was a sunny day, but going outside was the least of his wants. 

 

 

The earlier announcement had knocked him out. He couldn't get his head around it—he was to marry Chanyeol, his best friend and brother since childhood. 

 

 

What was his parents thinking?  They weren't related by blood, but still… 

 

 

Was being born an omega and an alpha allowing forced marriage between siblings?

 

 

’’Baek?’’

 

 

Baekhyun turned around, his eyes locking with the ones of Chanyeol. His friend had entered without knocking, surprising him quite a bit. If it had been his parents, he didn’t know what he would have screamed at them. 

 

 

He sighed, lowering his head, breaking the eye contact. Chanyeol sat beside him, putting his hand on his shoulder. Baekhyun shuddered slightly. 

 

 

Before, he wouldn't have felt anything else other than sibling affection but now, it was weird. Still, he didn't move away, acting as if nothing had to change between them.

 

 

"Let's talk to your parents, they cannot force us,’’ Chanyeol said to the sulking teen.

 

 

Baekhyun exhaled loudly, strongly expressing his disagreement.

 

 

"They can,’’ he spatted. ’’They’re already forcing us.’’ He sighed deeply, frowning. ’’And I’m not going to engage myself in the army, or flee.’’ 

 

 

It was known that the army only took betas and alphas. They were not outwardly forbidding omegas in their ranks, but on base you couldn’t find even one.

 

 

’’And, I’m not going to suddenly transform into an alpha!’’

 

 

Baekhyun had already wished for it many times.

 

 

’’And I don’t understand, why they want us to marry! It's not the answer to their money troubles!’’

 

 

Chanyeol frowned, his hand falling off from Baekhyun's shoulder. 

 

 

The omega passed an hand in his brown hair, ruffling them. He then turned toward his tall, future husband, eyes lowered.

 

 

’’Aren’t you upset?’’ he asked. ’’You’re concerned too!’’

 

 

He didn’t like how his anger was turning against his friend, but it was too much to take.  

 

 

How could they think of using Chanyeol’s late parents inheritance money? Because it was about that. The more Baekhyun thought of it, the more, it couldn’t be for another reason. Once married to Chanyeol, he would have access to his money. But still, were his parent’s finances that bad? Hadn’t they, till this day, lived richly, and with abundance? As for Chanyeol, hadn’t they brought him up as their son for eight years now? 

 

 

Chanyeol’s face reflected impassiveness.

 

 

"I'm okay with it, Baek,’’ he said. ’’Don’t I owe them my life as it is? If I can give them that same life, I should."

 

 

Baekhyun was quick to react. 

 

 

"It’s not the same, my parents signed they would care for you until you’ve attain your majority. We’re not even eighteen!’’ Baekhyun was on fire, telling everything he had had in his mind since the announcement.

 

 

’’This November, it’s your birthday... and we’re having a December wedding! Yes," he agreed, ’’they gave you a lot, but marrying us off for your fortune is crazy!’’

 

 

His eyes were wide as bowls, hands messing up his hair. 

 

 

’’It—’’ Chanyeol began to say, but got cut off by Baekhyun.

 

 

’’Look.’’ He eyed his tall friend, making sure he could continue talking, ’’If I had been an alpha everything would have been different. I could have escape this, and you too! Free, We could be free!"

 

 

His gender was one of Baekhyun’s weakness. He didn’t like the injustice omegas were victim of. It was an old wound, reopening each times he felt pushed back in his trenches. Chanyeol knew of it.

 

 

"It's okay to marry to ally our families,’’ the alpha tried to reason him. ’’We’re not in love, but I love you—’’ he met his eyes briefly, ’’as a friend, and as a brother. It's not the end of the world. Can't I care for you, and your—my family?…"

 

 

Baekhyun pondered over his friend’s words, an idea burgeoning in his head. He jumped to his feet. 

 

 

"I know! They could adopt you!"

 

 

A smile was on his lips. 

 

 

"As their legal son you could help them all you want, feed their greed, and repay them what you think you owe them— "

 

 

Suddenly, Baekhyun closed his mouth, as if slapped. Confusion was making his head hurt. He bent forward, loosing his balance. Legs wobbling, he sat back on the bed. 

 

 

The source of his discomfort was Chanyeol. Beside him, the alpha was radiating anger, agressivity rolling off him in invisible waves hitting him harshly. Normally, they kept their scents neutral. Chanyeol had never used, until this moment, his dominance to impose his opinions.

 

 

His hand flew to Baekhyun’s thigh, gripping it. His eyes had changed glint, red his pupils. Blood went to his face, and Baekhyun, for having in the past made fun of his friend’s high nose and protruding ears, had never saw him that angry. He was shocked and even worried for himself.

 

 

Chanyeol stared in Baekhyun’s eyes, putting pressure on the teen. 

 

 

"Didn't it come to your mind that I talked beforehand with your parents, that together, we came to this  arrangement—’’ He raised an eyebrow, leaning toward the omega, ’’and that having you, Baekhyun, my brother as my omega was something I demanded, and got from them in exchange of my money?’’

 

 

He smirked, watching with complacency Baekhyun’s disbelief.

 

 

’’I’ve always stayed a Park, all these years.’’ 

 

 

His smirk disappeared, replaced by wide eyes filled with wonder. ’’Thinking someday you’d become one, was something I fantasized about before sleep…’’ He smiled again. ’’Your parents’s fall and my imminent adulthood were a coincidence. They stole me my parents. Can’t I steal them, their only son!?’’

 

 

Baekhyun stared at him, astounded. This was his childhood friend, brother, and… Baekhyun’s trust in Chanyeol had been absolute. Now, he was thrown a curveball, unsettling him deeply. 

 

 

He was a people’s person. Family meant more to Baekhyun than he had ever admitted to anyone. Chanyeol had become part of it over the years. And now he was trampling all over their bond. 

 

 

He was angry at the forced marriage, but still, he knew, he wouldn’t burn bridges with his parents because of it. It was just something he would never do. He would obey, in the end, and go through with it.

 

 

It could have been bearable to be forced-married to his best friend. But learning, it was the said best friend, who was forcing them to marry, it seemed impossible.

 

 

He felt betrayed. The situation had turned to the worst. It wasn’t his parents that were forcing them to marry, it was Chanyeol, and he had put it on his parent’s back.

 

 

Still, his parents had traded him off for money, and had accepted to take the blame…They had to be desperate, he thought.

 

 

Finally, Chanyeol’s grip lessened on his thigh. The omega tried to stand, but couldn’t move his body. He, submissively, looked to the alpha. Chanyeol’s power over him was strong. It was to put on the years they had been together and Baekhyun’s usual comfort with him. Had they been strangers, he could have moved as he wanted. 

 

 

’’I’ve said it wrongly,’’ Chanyeol repented.

 

 

Yet, Baekhyun was still glued to the bed cover.

 

 

’’Give me a chance until the wedding,’’ the alpha pleaded. ’’Let me try wooing you, properly.’’

 

 

Baekhyun was shaking, the forced immobility was straining his body. He shook his head, slightly. 

 

 

In an instant, the pressure was gone. 

 

 

Baekhyun sprung up. He stood in his room. 

 

 

’’Then what? If I don’t fall in love? What happens!?’’

 

 

Chanyeol raised one eyebrow. ’’Your parents don’t get my money. And we don’t marry.’’

 

 

Baekhyun bit his lips. 

 

 

’’And if we marry as planned?’’

 

 

Chanyeol looked up to him, standing up, coming near him.

 

 

’’Then you’re given my name and my fortune.’’

 

 

Baekhyun huffed. It wasn’t that easy, Chanyeol was kind of shrewd. 

 

 

’’What’s the deal you had with them?’’

 

 

Chanyeol smiled, his hand cupping the omega’s cheek. Baekhyun felt its heat piercing his skin. It was so unusual. Their relationship was changing drastically. 

 

 

’’The real deal? I’m paying their debts, and assuring them a living by payments per month. Their house, their car, their food… I’m catering to it, as long as we’re married.’’

 

 

Baekhyun had his mouth wide opened. They would completely live off Chanyeol’s inheritance. It was shameful. He was shocked at the extent of their loss.

 

 

’’You got enough money?’’ he was genuinely confused. 

 

 

’’I sure do, and I’ll work.’’

 

 

’’This is crazy!’’ he exclaimed.

 

 

Chanyeol’s other hand, cupped his left cheek. ’’It’s the right thing to do. For your parents, and for you.’’

 

 

Baekhyun frowned. ’’Don’t force suggestions to me.’’

 

 

Chanyeol clicked his tongue, tightening his grip of Baekhyun’s face.

 

 

’’I mean, how do you plan to further your studies if your parents can’t fond it? Their credit history is in the red. Go independent? With what savings? There’s probably nothing in your bank account.’’

 

 

’’How come they didn’t go to yours, then?’’ Baekhyun said, trying to defeat the alpha’s thinking.

 

 

’’My account is different from yours. I’m not their son.’’ The alpha  pointed out clearly. 

 

 

’’As for my inheritance, it’s given to me at my eighteenth birthday, before that, no transactions can be made.’’

 

 

Baekhyun was speechless.’’You played me, and my parents…’’

 

 

The omega put his hands on the wrists of Chanyeol, plunging his eyes in the abyss of the alpha’s.

 

 

’’When I see an opportunity I jump on it," the alpha said. "And, if you think about it well, you’d realize I’m helping your family a great deal. I didn’t want to be the big bad wolf of this story. And your parents aren’t as white as snow either.’’

 

 

The omega swallowed. He had to focus. All came down to them depending on Chanyeol’s help, and the alpha wanting him in exchange.

 

 

Baekhyun understood that if he accepted, life would stay as it has always been. His parents safe of money worries and him too. However wrong all of this was, he could solve his parent's dire situation in marrying Chanyeol. 

 

 

’’Okay. I’ll marry you willingly.’’

 

 

The surprise was evident in Chanyeol’s face. The alpha brought him close. And deep in his arms, Baekhyun faintly heard, his voice whispering:

 

 

’’Mine.’’

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

END

 

 

Authour's notes: Thank you to have read! Feel free to comment, or whatever else you want!