Sejeong

In Which Everyone Is Interested In Jieqiong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It is a travesty, Eunwoo thinks, that Jieqiong is so oblivious to the sheer number of trainees that are crushing hard on her.

Not that this comes as a surprise to anyone - Jieqiong is an actual angel fallen from the sky into the wrong country. Those eyes, that nose, the amazing bone structure. Her laugh, those wacky faces, her whine. Dear lord if Eunwoo were even the slightest little bit interested (and did not see Jieqiong as an adorable puppy of a little sister), she would have fallen hard on the very first whine.

As it is, she is bearing witness to the whispers that follow the Pledis trainees around, most of which have little to do with how well they're doing in the competition - they're not the Jellyfish girls after all - and have much much more to do with how gorgeous they think Jieqiong is.

The girl of the hour, however, is not here yet, something quite unusual for the normally early Jieqiong.

Yebin nudges Siyeon, “Hey, where's Jieqiong?”

Eunwoo shrugs but Yebin frowns when no one answers, “You think they're holding her hostage?”

Eunwoo snorts, (softly, mind you, for idols-in-training-and-on-camera snort only softly if they must at all) , “The Jellyfish girls don't need to hold anyone hostage - except maybe Jeon Somi.”

She feels a little bad for leaving Jieqiong to a separate room but it is not her fault that the rooms fit only six and definitely not her fault that Jieqiong is trash at rock paper scissors.

Siyeon giggles from her other side, Nayoung just tilts her head enough to show that she's listening.

“She'll be fine,” Eunwoo says just as Jieqiong bounds into the room and plops down next to them, entirely oblivious to the whispers that float in with her and the Jellyfish girls behind her.

Eunwoo thinks she hears one of the Fantagio girls say something about Jieqiong’s nose.

“Morning,” Jieqiong winds an arm around Eunwoo’s elbow as she beams at them. Nayoung nods then returns to staring blankly in the general direction of the door. Jieqiong is a morning person. Nayoung is not.

“What took you so long?” Yebin leans over.

Jieqiong looks over at the Jellyfish girls, returns Kang Mina’s smile, “Oh we were just talking.”

“Ah, the Jelpi girls?”

“Mm. Well, mostly just Mina,” her grin widens and her gaze flicks over to the older Jellyfish girls, “Other Nayoung unnie was washing up and I don't know where Sejeong unnie was.”

“Probably out practicing that eyesmile or something,” Yebin grumbles. Eunwoo grins. Yebin does not count amongst the Sejeong-Is-God group of trainees - to be fair, neither do most of the Pledis girls but they are far nicer than Yebin about it. Besides, if pressed, Eunwoo will admit that Sejeong has a nice voice. If pressed. This is a competition and Miss First Place does not need any more help.

Jieqiong smiles, shrugs, “Unnie is quite nice.”

Yebin scowls, “Who?”

Jieqiong's grin widens teasingly at Yebin before she looks over to Sejeong who smiles broadly and mouths something that Eunwoo doesn't quite catch. Jieqiong’s eyes flick to the floor and she bites back a genuine smile. Aw hell no, Eunwoo thinks. She also thinks she hears Kang Sira say the same thing.

“Ugh,” says Yebin, “You going to start calling her God Sejeong too?”

Jieqiong looks flabbergasted for a moment before she bursts into laughter, “God Sejeong? Is that really what people are calling Sejeong unnie now?”

She wipes tears from her eyes, snickering as she sounds out God Sejeong and then giggles some more.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter