FINAL

Our Cute Little Family

“Lauren! It’s time for school, honey!”

“Coming, Mom!”

 

Hello, there. Yes, you, the one who is reading this story. You must have thought “Oh, our leading lady in this story is named Lauren, she must be a foreigner.” You got that wrong, darling. I’ll be the leading lady in this story and my name is Hermione. No, not Hermione Granger from Harry Potter, but judging my name, my parents were probably huge fans during their teenage years. So, who is Lauren? Lauren is my daughter. No, not my biological child. I adopted her, but of course she doesn’t know that. You’ll know the whole behind story if you continue reading.

 

Lauren and I live in an apartment. We’ve been living by ourselves ever since I got a stable job. I don’t want to depend on my parents all the time and burden them; we still visit them from time to time. They treat Lauren as their own grandchild and I’m thankful for that.

 

“You behave in school and do well, okay?” I told her as I fix her uniform.

“Yes, Mom.”

“C’mon, let’s go.”

 

Every morning, I drive Lauren to kindergarten before heading to work. I own a popular café in Gangnam and I’m glad it’s doing well even though there are lots of Starbucks around.

“Dropped off Reni to school?” Asked Lisa who is very fond of my daughter.

“Yeah, it’s tiring but I’m getting used to this mother career.”

“You sure do. She’s like, five already.”Jenny commented.

 

My workers, like me, are only half-Koreans. We all grew up in a different country and has a half-blood of some nationality. Lisa is a different story; she’s a full Thai.

“Is she still asking for her Daddy?” Joshua teased. I rolled my eyes at him.

“She’s asking me every night.” I sighed.

“You know you’re dead if that dude’s fans find out what you did.” Jenny said as a matter of fact.

“It’s not like they’ll ever know about it. He doesn’t even know me and he’ll never meet her.”

“What if you guys suddenly run into him and Lauren will be like “DADDY!” he’d be so flustered!” Vernon said.

“Not funny. That won’t happen.”

“You should’ve just introduced me as her father. My looks and her looks match, you know.”

“Stop with the nonsense, Vernon.” Lisa told him.

 

Want to know what they’re talking about? Well…promise me you won’t shout at me? Okay? Okay. You see, of course every single parent would experience their child asking for the other parent. Especially for my case, I can’t just say “Oh, you don’t have a father because I am not even your mother.” That’s just harsh and heartless. Sighs…I am a huge fan of GOT7, okay? Mark is my favorite member and I have tons of photos of him on my room wall. Lauren was like “is he Daddy? When is he coming home?” Before I could even try to explain things, she already acknowledged him as her Dad. I just let her be because like I said, it’s not like anyone will know about it, not even Mark. Please, don’t kill me.

 

“Nini.” Joshua called. It’s their nickname for me. “I forgot to tell you. Someone called this morning for a reservation of the whole shop later this evening.”

“From what time?”

“9PM to midnight.” He answered.

“Are they having an after-party or something? Why do it in a café?” Jenny frowned.

“And why didn’t they notify us earlier? Why just this morning?” Vernon added.

“I guess we’ll be working ‘til midnight. Wait, how about Lauren?! I can’t leave her alone at home.”

“Bring her to your parents.” Lisa suggested.

“They’re out of town.” I gave her a hopeless look.

“Then just bring her here! She behaves well anyway. She’s not a handful and I’d be glad to look after her.” Lisa grinned.

 

“Aunt Lisa, look! I got a star!” Lauren ran to her as soon as we arrived to the shop.

“She’s been telling me that in the car ever since I fetched her from school.”

“Aw, that’s so cute! Very good, Lauren. You must be so smart like me!” Lisa cooed at her. I snorted at that.

We’re starting to clean the shop for the reservation made for the evening. When the clock struck 9, I expected businessmen to arrive but people in casual clothes started to arrive. I instructed my workers to be on duty because it’s Lauren’s bed time already, she must be so sleepy. I carried her in my arms and I was about to head in my office when Joshua called me saying the boss of the company is looking for me. When I headed to the front, I almost dropped Lauren. What the is JYP doing in here?!

“Hello. You must be the owner of this shop. I have to apologize for the short notice. Our staff forgot to make a reservation beforehand because of the busy schedule.”

I. Am. Starting. To. Panic. But I need to be professional. “It’s alright, sir. It’s an honor that you chose our café.”

“Oh, you have to thank my children for that. They recommended this store because they said it’s really popular and they haven’t had the chance to try it here.”

“Your children…?”

“GOT7, they’re K-Pop idols. It’s their party so I gave them the liberty to choose. We can’t afford to go to party houses since we still have minors. And it’s just a mini-celebration. My treat for the boys for their hard work.”

My friends and I exchanged looks of horror. “I-I hope you enjoy your time here.” We bowed. We glanced to the table he headed to. There they are, GOT7. They’re ing handsome in person. I could’ve started fan girling if I weren’t in this situation.

“Lisa, please take Lauren to my office and put her to sleep.” I was just about to hand her Lauren when she caught a glimpse of the boys.

Lisa immediately turned around so Lauren will be facing the other way, but Lauren is a smart kid. I am proud of her and love her for that. But in this situation, I can’t help to hate her. She knows the word ‘GOT7’ she can see it in every poster of Mark and her eyes are very hawk-like. She started squirming in Lisa’s arms until her feet are on the ground. She ran “Daddy!” and jumped into Mark’s arms. you, Vernon, for jinxing it. I gave him a glare. He raised his hands in defeat, even he, looks flabbergasted of the situation.

 

“Lauren, no! I’m sorry for that.” I grabbed Lauren from him and bowed, but Lauren won’t keep still. Everyone is already looking our way, even JYP.

“Lauren!” It’s my first time raising my voice at her. She started crying. “Oh my gosh, I’m sorry, baby. But you won’t listen to me.”

“Daddy! Daddy!” She keeps on wailing. I gripped her firmly in my arms. “I’m really sorry for this commotion.” I bowed and ran outside. We were standing in front of the shop and I put Lauren down. “Ren-ah, stop crying. How about I buy you an ice cream?” She shook her head.

“Daddy…”

I sighed. “It’s my first time to see him too. I could’ve been screaming like his fans if not because of you.” I wiped her tears.

“So, you’re our fan?”

I jumped at the voice. I didn’t hear anyone coming out. I turned around, shocked. “Mark…”

“Daddy!” Lauren opened her arms and Mark gladly carried her.

“Lauren.” I called her with a stern voice.

“Care to explain why she calls me ‘Daddy’? Does her Dad look like me?”

I bit my lip and hung my head low. “Bring Lauren inside first.”

He did as I said and handed her to Lisa. “Daddy, you’re not breaking up with Mommy, right?” She asked in her teary eyes.

He shook his head. “No, Mommy and Daddy just need to talk.”

Okay, I died there. He called us ‘Mommy and Daddy’. Dafuq. My heart. Help me. Calm down, he’s coming.

 

When he closed the door, I started to tell him the whole story. “Lauren is not my child, but she obviously doesn’t know that. You see, people in our neighborhood know that I like kids. And one morning, I just woke up with a baby left in front of my door. I raised her like she’s my own. I didn’t care if people talk about me for being a young mother. They never even saw me pregnant. They just have nothing better to do in life but gossip about other people’s lives. The problem is, of course, whenever she asks about her father. Yes, I’m a huge fan of GOT7 and you’re my favorite member. You have pictures in my room and Lauren thought you’re her Dad. I can’t even explain things to her. I’m very sorry. I just let her be because I never thought we’d cross paths. Now, this happened. I’m really sorry for ruining your party. I’m sure your fans will kill me.”

Being Mark, he was just being quiet. “How old is she?”
“Five.”

“I guess she’s already going to kindergarten?”

I nodded.

“I heard you own this store?”

“Yeah, the money goes to my parents, Lauren, and orphanages.”

He nodded. “Is it okay if I bring her with me to our table?”

“Oh, no no. It’s ok. I’ll take care of her. It’s time for her to sleep anyway.”

“I’ll put her to sleep, then.”

“No, really. I don’t want to bother you anymore. You should just enjoy the party.”

He ignored me and went back in the café. He carried Lauren and sat back on their table. I was dumbfounded.

“What did you tell him?” Jenny asked when I entered the café.

“I explained everything to him.”

“What did he say?”

“Nothing. Just typical of him.”

“I was so shocked earlier. It seemed like everything happened in fast forward motion.” Vernon said.

“All of us were.” Joshua said.

 

We were all exhausted when the party ended. Lauren fell asleep and she’s still in Mark’s arms. They started to leave one-by-one. Mark stopped in front of me.

“Is your place near here?” He asked.

“No. I drive us home.”

He nodded. “By the way, I didn’t get your name.”

“Hermione or just Nini.”

“Pretty name. Well, it’s nice to meet you. We’ll be going now.” He handed me Lauren.

“It’s nice to meet you too. Please tell JYP and the rest of GOT7 that I’m sorry.”

 

When Mark entered the van, everyone was looking at him.

“What was that all about?” JYP asked.

“Yeah, hyung. You didn’t tell us you have a child!” Bambam said.

Mark explained the whole story during the ride back to the dorm.

“Can I…continue being her father?” He asked which made everyone in the van look at him with wide eyes. Even their driver was shocked that he suddenly stepped on the breaks.

“Dude, are you crazy?! That’s a huge responsibility! You don’t even know them! And what if our fans, or worse, the media catch you? They won’t buy your explanation even if it’s the truth.

Mark sighed. “Yeah…you’re right. I was just being weird.”

Everyone started getting off as soon as they arrive in the dorm. Mark was just getting up from the back seat when JYP called him from the front seat.

“What Jackson said is right, but it’s up to you. Like he said, it’s a huge responsibility and people will not believe in the truth. It can ruin you, as well as GOT7 if you’re caught. Your promotions just ended and I know you’re thinking that you can use this long break for the kid.”

“Can I?”

“Like I said, it’s up to you. If anything happens, be responsible of your decision.”

“Thank you.”

“Ah, I feel like I’ll be having my first grandchild because of you. Are you sure this is all about the child? Not the girl?” JYP teased.

Mark looked surprised and blushed. “N-no…”

“Uh-huh…if that’s what you say…”

 

Everyone was already fast asleep when Mark finished washing up; he was the last one to do so. He grabbed his phone and dialed a number.

“Hello?” The other line picked up.

“Hey Tammy, are you busy?” Tammy is Mark’s eldest sister.

“Not really. I just dropped off Leila and Kylie to school. It’s already past midnight there and you sound serious. What’s up?”

“How did you…raise Leila and Kylie?”

“That’s so out-of-the-blue, Mark.”

“Just answer me.”

“Well, that is really unexplainable.  One day, if you get to have your own children, it’s just parent instinct. Each parent has their own way of raising a kid. Raise them like how you want them to grow up. Wait a minute…oh my gosh, don’t tell me…did you impregnate someone?! Mark Tuan, do Mom and Dad know?!”

“Geez, no. I was just asking. Anyway, thanks. I’m going to rest now. Say hi to our family for me.”

“Sure thing, you weirdo. Good night.”

 

Another day has gone and I’m still all alone and it’s once again another same ordinary day. It’s the weekend, though. Lauren and I were having our breakfast when the doorbell rang. Who will visit us so early in the morning? Maybe Mom and Dad are back in town. When I opened the door, I almost got a heart attack. How the did he know where we live?!

As if reading my mind, “I went to your café and they told me your address. I’m sorry for coming without notice.”

“Why are you here?”

“I thought my daughter might want to spend time with her Daddy.”

I died. I could have died with that, but no, this is serious. “She’s not your child. You don’t have to do this. I told you I can handle her questionings. If you start with this career of being her Dad, there’s no turning back. It can ruin you. I don’t want that.”

“She isn’t yours too. You decided to raise her and be her mother; you’ve been responsible of that decision you made. And this is my decision, not yours. I’ll be responsible of what I decided, just like you.”

“Mark—”

“The fact that everything happened last night makes me think that it’s a sign for me to know and do this.”

“Mommy, who’s there?” When she saw who is standing in front of the door, she ran. “Daddy!!!”

Mark bent down and welcomed her to his arms. “Are you that happy to see me?”

She nodded fervently. “I thought you will not come back. Are you finally living here with us? Why are you always away?”

“You really do have a lot of questions, huh. Do you always watch me on TV?”

“Of course! You’re the best and most handsome!”

“You see, because Daddy is an idol, my schedule is always busy. I’m sorry for that, hm?”

“It’s ok! But you’ll be living with us again from now, right?”

“I won’t be leaving your side for a long time. Daddy has a long break now.”

“Yey!” She circled her arms around his neck.

It warms my heart to watch this view. If only this was possible, but I know, one day, Lauren will have to know the truth. I can’t ruin Mark and GOT7.

 

“Lauren, you’re not done with your breakfast. Mark, have you eaten?” I caught their attention.

“Yeah, I’m good. I’ll just feed Lauren, then.”

“She’s already five. She can eat on her own.”

“But I don’t think it’s too late to catch up on what I’ve missed as her father, right?” He turned to Lauren. “Do you want Daddy to feed you?” And the child just agrees to everything he says. Oh my, please don’t tell me he’ll spoil her.

“Lauren, do you love Daddy more than me?” I asked.

Mark laughed. I died. How many times do I have to die? My poor heart can’t take the feels.

“Are you being jealous right now? She just missed me.”

“Daddy’s right. I love both of you.” She formed a heart with her arms.

“Alright, finish your food so we can go to Lotte World.” Mark told her.

“Really?! Are we really going, Mommy?!” She excitedly asked.

“U-uh…” I looked at Mark. I didn’t know about this!

“Mommy doesn’t know so she’s also surprised.”

Lauren hurriedly finished her breakfast and stood up. “Mommy, let’s go and take a bath!!!”

She sure is excited, huh. Wait, I got an amazing idea. “Why don’t you ask Daddy to give you a bath?”

He was gaping. “H-hey…I don’t know how to…”

“I don’t think it’s too late to catch up on what he’s missed as your father, right?” I used his words against him. I smirked.

“Daddy, hurry! I want to go to Lotte World!” Lauren dragged him with her.

“Hermione!” He called. I laughed at his situation.

 

“Ren-ah, calm down first.” She was already stripping and Mark couldn’t look.

I laughed at him. He’s so awkward. “I thought she’s your daughter. Be comfortable around your child, Mark. You look so funny. Fill the tub with warm water, not too hot not too cold, alright? Is this your first time? Have you ever not tried to give a bath to your nieces?”

“So, you really are our fan, especially mine, for you to know that I have nieces.”

I rolled my eyes. “All of your fans know Kylie and Leila. Your family is so active in twitter, duh.”

He sighed. “I know. I don’t know if I should be happy or embarrassed.”

I checked the water temperature. I grabbed his arm and dipped his elbow to the tub. “Remember this water temperature, okay? Help her in the tub and I’ll go get her towel and clothes.

When I got back to the bathroom, he’s already playing with her in the water. At least, he’s starting to learn being a father. I sat beside him in front of the tub.

“I thought you’d really leave me alone to give her a bath.” He said.

“You’ve been making me laugh ever since you got here.”

“From what I know, I signed up as a father, not a clown.”

“But I guess you have no idea what you signed up for.” I shook my head and started to teach him how to give a proper bath.

Lauren kept playing with the water and put some bubbles on Mark’s nose.

“Lauren, no. Daddy has no extra clothes.”

“I do.”

“You do?”

“Like I said to Lauren, I won’t be leaving her side for a long time. I brought some clothes and I’ll be going back to the dorm weekly.”

“You should have discussed this with me first! We don’t have extra room for you! What else are you not telling me???”

“Then we all sleep together.” He shrugged.

“YAH!” Then I felt water splashed to the two of us.

“Don’t fight!” Lauren told us.

“We’re not. We were just playing around, right Mommy?" He put some bubbles on my cheeks and laughed. I'm gonna die young. Please, save me. I still need to raise Lauren.

"Bubble fight!" Lauren splashed the water in the tub. I snapped out of my thoughts.

"Lauren, no!"

"Let's splash the monster with water! You can't hurt my princess! I'm going to protect her!" Mark splashed me some water and acted like Lauren's knight. Lauren was laughing and I ended up laughing too.

"Monster, huh? How dare you call me monster?! Lauren is MY princess, not yours!" I splashed him some water.

He was laughing while trying to dodge my attacks.

"I am both your princess! And Daddy, Mommy is your queen not a monster."

"Alright, alright. I'm sorry, I was just making fun of her." I stuck my tongue out to him. "Gee, so childish." He commented.

"Give her a kiss so she won't be mad anymore!"

My eyes widened. "Uh-uh...enough playtime, Ren. You need to dress up. Don't wanna be late for Lotte World, right?" I grabbed her from the tub and wrapped her with a towel.

"Here are her clothes and necessities. Dress her up in the room." I handed Mark her things.

Once they were out, I sighed. "I need a cool shower."

 

"Daddy, why is your face so red?" Lauren asked as Mark fixed her clothes.

"O-oh...it's nothing, baby." Phew. Good thing she's not here or I would have been embarrassed for blushing. Why did this kid have to bring up kissing?!  She's innocent, Mark! Of course she thinks kissing is a normal thing for her parents.

 

I made sure to keep a good distance from them in the theme park. I can't risk getting him into a scandal. I'm sure if some people recognize him, they'd think Lauren might be one of his nieces from LA. At the end of day, Lauren had so much fun that she's passed out in Mark's arms on our way home.

"Change her clothes before tucking her in. You can use the bathroom first and you can sleep with her on the bed." I told him as I bring out Lauren's PJ.

"What about you?"

"I can sleep on the floor."

Mark rolled his eyes. "Don't be stupid by thinking I'll let you sleep on the floor. You can sleep with us. I don't bite, you know. And you know very well that Lauren's smart. She'll know something is weird if she wakes up seeing you sleeping on the floor."

"Fine, you win."

"It's not like you don't want it. A lot of girls would die just to be in your place. 'Every lady wants a piece of me.'"He said, quoting his rap in Girls Girls Girls.

I gave him a sarcastic smile. "I'm a fan, but I'm definitely not one of the crazy ones."

"Whatever you say~" He teased.

"I'm honestly surprised that you're showing a playful side. Is this what kids' effect on you?"

"Hey, I'm quiet but I'm a human too!"

I chuckled at his silliness.

 

After washing up, Mark and I are lying on the bed with Lauren in between us.

"Mark?"

"Hm?"

"Thank you."

"For what?"

"For being Lauren's father. I didn't expect this would happen. You don't know how much happy she is because she finally met her 'father', but...you know, one day, she'll have to know the truth."

"She doesn't have to know."

"No. I know you said you'll be responsible for your decision, but have you ever considered the future? Some day in the future, you'll meet the one for you. Of course, you'll get married and have a family. How about Lauren, then? That's why I was against your decision. You should've discussed things with me first."

He kept quiet at that. He knows I hit the bull's eye.

"Lauren is basically my future. I already accepted that fact since 5 years ago. I've even considered not finding a partner in life anymore. She's my life and I don't want her to think she'll be in a broken family once you get a family of your own."

That night, Mark wasn't able to get a good night sleep. Hermione's words kept repeating in his head. She's right. Why didn't he think of that? All the consequences he considered are those if he were to be caught in a scandal. Why didn't he think of the effects on Lauren?

 

Weeks passed and Lauren has been spending a lot of time with Mark. I just let them be because Mark will be busy again pretty soon. I'm actually proud that he improved a lot! He seems like an actual dad now. He prepares Lauren and drives her to school, plays with her, teaches her homework, reads her bedtime stories, etc. I could actually go to work without worrying about Lauren. When Lauren's at school, Mark and I hangout. We just stay at home getting to know each other, watching movies, me telling him things about Lauren, teaching him how to cook, cleaning our place together, and such. Sometimes, we take a walk around the neighborhood. We barely go out; can't risk tainting his name. He even already met my parents! We explained our situation to them and they understood us. They were worried for the three of us though, in case something happens.

 

One Sunday morning, I woke up with Lauren wrapped around Mark's waist. But why am I the one feeling squished? I noticed Mark was too close and realized I was in his embrace. Even though they're not related, I could say 'like father, like daughter' in this situation. At first, this was another reason of me dying but by now, I'm quite used to his skinships already. I stared at his sleeping face and smiled.

 

"I'm already getting used to waking up to this. It'd be nice if every morning could be like this."

"Like what? Seeing my handsome face first thing in the morning?"

I gaped. I thought he was still asleep! I smacked his face in a joking manner as a reply. He chuckled. "Good morning." He grinned.

"Morning to you too, idiot."

"Today’s my last day here.”He frowned.

"Don't worry, Lauren will understand. You'll be having a comeback soon."

"I'm going to have lesser time with her. I don't want to go back yet." He whined and tightened his grip around me.

"You're such a child! And stop it, you're squishing Lauren! She might wake up."

As if on cue, Lauren squirmed and finally sat up. She rubbed the sleep off of her eyes. So cute!

“Morning, Mommy and Daddy!” She gave each of us a peck on our cheeks.

“Morning, sweetie~ you have to get ready. Grandpa and Grandma will come and get you.” Mark said and sat her on his tummy.

Mom and Dad wanted to spend some time with their granddaughter because it’s been awhile since they did so.

“Can’t I go out with Grandmommy and Grandpappy some other day? I want to spend Daddy’s last day with him.”

I sighed. “Honey…”

“It’s not like I’m not coming back. Don’t say it like that, I’m just going back to work.”Mark cut me off and reassured her.

“But how long is that? Another 5 years?” She pouted.

Mark and I exchanged hopeless looks. “No. I promise I’ll come home whenever I have a break.”

“Why don’t you get ready with Daddy while I make some food?” I changed the topic to eliminate the tension.

 

After our morning routine, Mom and Dad picked up Lauren who leaves me and Mark home alone.

“So…what are we going to do today?” I asked him. I was sitting on the couch while he was lying with his head on my lap. He was lazily browsing through the channels on TV but ended up turning it off anyway.

“I don’t know.  Can’t we just sleep?” He turned around and buried his face into my tummy.

“Yah!” I grabbed a handful of his hair.

“Ow! Ow! Ow! It hurts!”

“Then don’t do that!”

“Why? Are you getting butterflies in your stomach?” He did it again but immediately stopped when I was about to grab a handful of his hair again.

“I was just kidding, alright?” He sat up.

After a moment of silence, Mark spoke up. “Hey…I’m thinking of something and this time, I won’t decide on my own. Let’s talk about it.”

“What is it?”

“Can’t I be Lauren’s legal father? Not just in her eyes, but also in the papers.”

“What?! You can’t be serious. That’s too much sacrifice! I thought I already told you—”

“I know. I’ve considered the consequences, responsibilities, the future…her future…our future.”

“I don’t want you to do this just because of Lauren…I already feel guilty doing this to you.”

“I’m not doing this just because of Lauren and don’t feel guilty because I’m doing this to myself. Why can’t you understand that I’m happy being her father?”

“No…if something happens to GOT7’s career I don’t know how I would apologize to JYP and the other members.”

He sighed. “Let’s go.”

“Huh?”

“Come with me.” He grabbed my hand and dragged me to my car outside.

 

After a few minutes of driving, we arrived in JYP Entertainment building.

“What are we doing here?!”

He did not say a word and just dragged me all the way to a dance practice room.

“Mark!” I heard the boys called.

“I thought you’re coming back tomorrow.” JB said.

“Yeah, I just brought someone. I want you guys to meet her.” He signaled me to come in.

OMG I’m officially meeting GOT7. Imma cry. The guys ooh-ed.

“I’m Hermione. I’m a big fan of you guys.” I bowed. Mark stifled laughter and I elbowed him.

He cleared his throat. “Uhm…she’s the owner of the café.”

“Oh! The one with the baby who called Mark-hyung ‘Daddy’!” Bambam said.

“Uh…yeah…that’s me. I’m sorry about that again.”

"It's alright. Has hyung been a good father?" Youngjae asked.

I nodded. "He's improving day by day."

"We want to formally meet Lauren!If she's hyung's daughter then she's a niece to us." Yugyeom excitedly said.

"Yeah! We can also be her playmates!" Bambam added.

"Uh...I don't know...Mark and I still have matters to discuss..."

"You know we're fine with Mark being Lauren's dad but we're worried about you two. What if sasaeng fans find out and harm you? Especially Lauren?"

"Jackson, why do you always have negative things to say?" Mark frowned at him.

"Just saying." Jackson shrugged.

"He has a point." I sided Jackson. "I've been emphasizing about the consequences to you, Mark."

"And I've been telling you I'll be responsible for those consequences." He rebutted.

"Let's not argue here." I sighed. "I need to use the restroom."

"When you leave this room, turn left then third door to your right."

 

Once out of the room, the six boys of GOT7 awkwardly glanced at each other then to their eldest.

"This is not just about the child, is it?" Junior asked."You're having a hard time telling her how you feel."

"Damn, dude. You're in love with her!" Jackson exclaimed.

"Thanks for stating the obvious, genius." JB rolled his eyes."We know you're a man with few words but if you really love her, just tell her. We support you and we'd be happy to be Lauren's uncles."

"If anything happens, we'll all be responsible. We're all in this together." Junior added.

"Thank you, guys, really."

 

The stay in JYP building made me know more about GOT7. I got closer to them. They even told me hilarious stuff about Mark. I promised that I'll let Lauren meet them one day. Mark and I arrived back to our place; Lauren is still not back.

"I hope you were glad to meet the guys."He turned around which made me almost bump into his chest.

"Uh, yeah. Very. Thank you. Why did you suddenly bring me there? I thought we were going to discuss the thing you mentioned earlier."

"About that...where...how...do I start...You see, GOT7 is my family here in Korea. I wanted you to formally meet them."

"I don't understand the need of formally meeting them, though I'm not complaining. I'm more than ecstatic meeting them."

"It's because they'll be your family too. I was serious when I said I want to be Lauren's legal father. I want you to know that the guys and I discussed this and they're fine with it. We're all in this together so you don't have to feel sorry if something happens. All of us agreed to this. Even JYP was excited having his 'first granddaughter'."

"Mark."

"What? Are you going to tell me about the future again? What if I tell you I don't need to find the one for me? What if I already found who I want to spend the rest of my life with? Yeah, I guess they're right. I guess I chose this decision in the first place not just because of Lauren."

"What are you saying?"

"Why can't you get it? I like you, alright?!"

My mind went blank. Did Mark Tuan just confess to me?! THE MARK TUAN YI-EN OF GOT7?! I'm still alive, right? Please slap me and tell me this is real. Oh , it's real. "D-did I hear that, right? A-are you serious? Did you eat something wrong? You're saying weird things..." I started to blabber.

"I tried so hard to be serious and sincere and yet you gave me such reply. Why? Your mind can't process the fact that the most handsome and may I add, your favorite member of GOT7 confessed to you?" And we're back with the conceited Mark. I was about to hit him but he grabbed my wrist and pulled me to him crashing his lips to mine. I DIED. I LITERALLY DIED.I COULD DIE. LIKE HOMAYGAHD.

 

"FYI, you're my favorite but I think Junior is the most handsome." I said when he pulled away; I couldn't look up though. I think my heart could literally jump out of my chest. It's wildly beating.

He grabbed my chin and made me look into his eyes. "I don't care. You're mine." He gave me a sweet smile before kissing me again and this time, I kissed him back.

We stopped when we heard a soft giggle. We looked to the door and saw Lauren with Mom and Dad awkwardly standing behind her.

"Lauren! How long have you guys been standing there?" I rushed to her and gave her a bear hug. Mark followed and carried her into his arms.

"We just arrived. I think we interrupted something, didn't we?" Mom sheepishly said.

"Nothing important, Mom." I said.

"Nothing important? We caught you two almost eating each other's faces. And your faces are so red from blushing." Dad teased.

"Dad!" I tried to cover Lauren's ears.

"Lauren saw everything too, you know. I think she's even happy catching you two on act."

"Grandmommy, I want to stay at your place tonight!" Lauren said.

"I thought you want to spend time with me?" Mark pouted at her.

"It's not like you're not coming back. You promised me, right?" She used his words against him. May I remind you, you have one smartass daughter, Mark Tuan.

"Yeah...right." Then Mark whispered to her. "I actually love your idea. You really are my daughter. Thanks, baby." He pecked her cheek which made her giggle.

"What did you tell her?" I glared at him.

"Nothing~ it's our little secret." Mark stuck his tongue out.

"Is Daddy teaching you bad things?"I asked Lauren.

She shook her head. "Let's go and pack my things!"

"I didn't even agree yet." I said.

"But Daddy did. Let's go!" Mark said and went to our room.

 

I gave my parents a hopeless look.

"Don't worry. We'll take care of her." Mom said.

"That's not her problem. It's not like this is the first she'll be leaving Lauren to us." Dad said.

"You and Mark just enjoy your time. Judging from what we saw earlier, you guys have to have a serious talk."

"I know. I don't even have an idea on what to do. Everything just happened so suddenly."

 

When Mom and Dad left with Lauren, I turned to Mark.

"You're sleeping on the couch."

"Oh, c'mon. It's not like there's any difference without Lauren in between. Besides, I think we still have some unfinished business left." He leaned in until our lips were a few centimeters apart.

"I obviously like you too, but..." I can feel our breaths mixing. My knees are starting to get weak.

"No buts. We can face this all together. Do you trust me?" I felt his arms wrapped around my waist.

I didn't answer him and just kissed him. I felt him smiling in the kiss. He lifted me up and wrapped my legs around his waist. He went to our room and dropped ourselves on the bed.

"Woah there, cowboy. I can't afford to have another Lauren yet."

He smirked. THAT FREAKING SMIRK COULD KILL THE ENTIRE POPULATION OF FEMALES. "I know. Don't worry I'm protected."

I blushed. Damn. I can't believe this. Are we really going to do it? I may not survive. Please make sure I'm still alive by tomorrow.

 

Weeks passed and GOT7 had been busy training for their comeback and kept visiting my cafe during their breaks. Mark and I didn't really talk much but we'd always share knowing glances and smiles. The members and my workmates are obvious to it but chose not to tease us. Every time I see him, I always end up blushing because I've always been reminded of that night. That night when I almost died. I still feel like it was just a dream. Though that'd be an inappropriate dream. Mark would also visit Lauren when he can. The kid is very understanding of his job and schedule. She's even excited to see her Daddy on TV again.

 

Today, GOT7 has a fanmeeting. I was busy in the cafe and Lisa was out with Lauren. I don't know but I've been having this bad feeling since they left. I jumped at the sound of a shattering glass.

"What was that?!" I screamed. Thank goodness there were no customers.

"I'm so sorry, Nini! It slipped off of my hand. I'll clean the mess. I'm so sorry! It won't happen again." Vernon said.

"Why are you so out of it?" Jenny rolled her eyes.

"Stayed up all night making rap. Why don't you just become an idol, dude?" Joshua said.

"I don't want to be an idol like Nini's boyfriend. I just like rap-making." Vernon answered.

"Hey!"I reacted at that. Is Mark my...boyfriend? We never talked about it though...but I guess he is, considering we've gone too far.

My phone rang. Seeing Lisa's name made the uneasiness feeling I had earlier come back.

"Hey, Lisa. Are you guys on your way back? Don't spoil Ren too much."

It was silent for a moment. "We were." She was sobbing which made me grow more nervous.

"Lisa? What's wrong?" Hearing my tone, my workmates stopped what they were doing and stood by my side.

"I'm so sorry, Ni. I really am. I'd kill myself before you could even kill me. I'm sorry."

"Lisa! Tell me what happened!" I was starting to panic.

"Ren...Lauren's in the hospital." I need not to hear anymore. I immediately closed the cafe and we all rushed to the said hospital.

 

Lisa and Lauren were on their way back to the cafe.

"Lauren, please don't tell your Mommy I bought you lots of sweets, hm? She'll never let me bring you out again."

"I promise! It will be our secret." She made a zipping action on her lips.

"You're so cute." Lisa giggled and ruffled her hair.

Lauren looked at the other side of the road and started jumping. "Aunt Lisa! It's Daddy!"

Lisa looked at where she was pointing. "Oh, I didn't know they'll be having their fanmeet here." Huge posters were hanging outside. A van arrived and fans started screaming. The boys of GOT7 got off of the van one by one.

"Daddy!" Lauren ran off to the other side of the road once she saw Mark.

"LAUREN!!!"Before Lisa could run after her, her knees already gave up on her as she witnessed the scene.

 

When Mark got off the van, he was overwhelmed by the amount of people. It's been years since they debuted but he's still not getting used to this. Soon, shouts were heard but they were not because of them. There was a car honking then a crash before the shouts and he felt damn uneasy. Everyone looked at the scene. He didn't want to turn around but eventually did. He didn't dare to look but when he saw Lisa on the other side of the road, his heart dropped.

"! Is that...?"Forgetting about the fans around, Jackson cursed. The rest of the members were horrified of the scene as well.

"No...no...no!!!" Mark didn't care about anything at the moment. He ran to Lauren's bleeding body and cried. "Call an ambulance!"

Everyone was hella curious as to why their Mark was acting like that, but it was an emergency so they let it slip and did as told.

"Lauren! Baby, Daddy's here. Don't leave me, hm? Promise me to stay awake. Oh gosh, please be fine. Please." He kept talking to her even though she wasn't responding.

Baby? Daddy? Fans were wondering if they heard him right.

Lisa arrived beside him, crying."I'm so sorry, Mark! I'm really sorry. It happened so fast. Oh my gosh, Ren-ah. Hermione will kill me."

"Call Hermione and tell her to go to the hospital. I'll go to the ambulance with Lauren."

"No! A lot of people are watching!"

People were murmuring about Mark's relation to the kid and the girl beside him. Soon, the ambulance arrived.

"Who is going with the kid?" Asked by some nurse or doctor. Mark was torn apart. He looked at his friends and they nodded. He gave them a small smile as a thank you and said "I will." before Lisa could.

"Mark! Hermione will be mad." He ignored her.

"What's your relationship to the child, sir?" Everyone turned quiet to that question. Fans were damn curious as well.

"I'm her father." And gasps were heard. Mark could care less. He went in the ambulance and left.

 

"Hermione will kill me!" Lisa paced.

"Hey, Lisa! Give Nini a call and ride with us to the hospital." JB called.

Some fans cornered her though, asking if she's the child's mother.

"I'm the mother's friend! For goodness' sake, will you people get a life and leave Mark's personal life?! His daughter was just hit!!!" An angry Lisa is a no-no. She's freaking out right now, especially when she's about to be killed by Hermione. The fans kept quiet at that and Lisa was able to leave with rest of GOT7.

 

I immediately ran to the emergency room once we arrived. I was surprised to see Mark sitting in front of the operating room while crying.

"What the hell happened?" I was already crying. Mark looked up and hugged me immediately.

"She'll be fine. She's strong." He sobbed in my shoulder. I know he's just saying that to calm me down but I can feel he's scared to.

"How did my baby end up here?" I cried in his chest.

Mark cupped my face. "Let's sit down first and listen to Lisa. Don't be mad at her. No one's at fault, no one wanted this to happen."

"I'm not mad at her."

"You're not?" Lisa looked up.

I turned to her. "Of course not. Like Mark said, no one wanted this to happen."

"Oh my gosh, thank you, Nini. Still, I'm really sorry." She said and explained what happened earlier.

 

After telling the story, it brought back tears to me again. I can't imagine how much pain Lauren must be in right now. Mark hugged me and rubbed my back."You guys must have been terrified." I said as I noticed blood on Mark's clothes.

"All of us were. I couldn't think straight because a lot fans were there." Before I could question him, he cut me off."I told them she's my daughter but don't worry about it. I'll take care of it once I make sure Lauren's fine."

"What about the fanmeeting?"

"It was cancelled. The boys are in the hospital's cafeteria; they wanted to give me some space."

The red light of the operating room turned off and a doctor came out. All of us immediately stood up.

"Are there any relatives of the child here?" The doctor asked.

Mark and I stepped forward."We're her parents."

"You're daughter is fine now. She hit her head when she fell on the ground but the impact did not do any damage, just some scratches on the side of her head. Her right arm though is broken and needs to be casted for weeks."

We sighed in relief. At least she's fine now. "Thank you so much, doctor." We bowed.

"You can visit her once we move her to her room."

 

"Ni, you and Mark can go to Lauren. We can visit her later or tomorrow. We'll be in the cafeteria with the rest of GOT7." Joshua said and I nodded.

Mark kissed the side of my head before we entered Lauren's room. She's awake.

"Mommy...Daddy." She called with her hoarse voice.

Tears were coming out again and Mark rubbed my back. I know he was crying inside too.

"Baby, why did you cross the road like that? Look at what happened to you. Aunt Lisa was so scared. Mommy and Daddy too." Mark sat on the side of her bed.

"I'm sorry. I was just happy to see Daddy."

"Don't ever do that again." Mark said sternly.

She nodded.

I wiped my tears and hugged her carefully. Soon, my friends and the rest of GOT7 came in. They didn't question her about her condition and just played with her to make her laugh. And they're doing a very good job especially the maknae line of GOT7. Mark's phone rang we all watched him. We know huge is about to happen.

"Wow. News travel so fast." He said as he stared at his phone. "It's my sister." He added. "Hello?"

"MARK TUAN. WHY ARE YOU IN THE NEWS SAYING YOU'RE THE FATHER OF A CHILD INVOLVED IN A CAR ACCIDENT?!" Good thing Mark was smart not to put his phone near his ear. He walked out of the room to explain everything to Tammy.

 

"I knew something was odd when you asked me how I raised my daughters."

"Please help me explain things to Mom and Dad."

"Sure, but Mark..."

"What?"

"This is not just about the child, is it?"

He smiled. "You caught up so fast."

"I'm not your sister for nothing. We'd love to meet that cute 'family' of yours."

"Sure. Once Lauren recovers and I sort things out here."

 

"What did she say? Is she that mad?" I asked worriedly as soon as Mark came back.

He smiled. "They want to meet you and Lauren."

I blinked. I was shocked."And we will meet them once things are sorted here." He pecked my lips.

Lauren giggled while our friends groaned. I blushed and hit his chest lightly.

"I bet he already made a homerun." Jackson commented and Mark just smirked at him. All of them gasped with Jackson overreacting.

"What is a homerun, Uncle Jackson?" Lauren innocently asked which made Jackson panic as I glared at him.

"It's a baseball term, sweetie. You know guys like sports." He sheepishly smiled.

"Yeah, some sport it is." Junior smirked. Oh goodness gracious, these guys.

"I think it's time for all of you to head home. Ni and I will be staying for the night." Mark announced.

JB passed him a bag. "Manager-hyung brought you some clothes over. We'll come back tomorrow."

 

The next day, as expected, was chaotic. When I walked out of the room, I was welcomed by a lot of reporters already waiting outside Lauren's room. Questions were immediately thrown at me and I was so shocked that I couldn't react. Thank goodness, Mark was fast enough to drag me back inside the room. Our friends contacted us and said they couldn't get in because of the reporters. Mark was mad and talked to the reporters. He told them to give some respect and let his daughter rest peacefully. He'll answer their questions outside.

 

"Mark, is the child really your daughter?"

"The lady who walked out of the room earlier, is she your wife?"

"How long have you been hiding your family?"

Such questions were thrown once Mark stepped out of the hospital. He sighed. "One at a time, please. Yes, the child is really my daughter. I'm not really trying to hide anything. I just want them to live normally. She's not my wife yet. We've been planning about our wedding but can't really find the right time yet because of my schedule. If you guys are thinking we had our daughter by accident, then you're wrong. We really wanted to have her that time. I know all of you are shocked and probably disappointed in me. But please don't drag GOT7 down with me. They have nothing to do about this."

"Do JYP and GOT7 know about your family?"

"Yes, they do."

"GOT7 just made a comeback. What will happen to the promotions?"

"It will continue as scheduled. I hope you guys will still support us. I'll gladly introduce my daughter to my fans once she's recovered."

 

Jackson made a mocking clap as we finished watching the news in Lauren's room. "Some actor you are, man."

Mark rolled his eyes. "Don't add fuel to the fire, dude."

"Wedding? Really? Did you have to tell them that?" I raised an eyebrow at him. I don't know if I should be annoyed or amazed by his interview.

"What? You'll marry me in the near future anyway."

"I can't believe the oozing confidence in you."

"Of course, you love me and I love you. We also have Lauren." Our friends teased us with his confession.

"Stop with the cheesiness, please." Jenny rolled her eyes.

 

The news spread like wildfire and it seems like it won't die any soon. Lauren is excused from school until she fully recovers. We stay at home most of the time because I couldn't even go to my cafe; the reporters managed to capture my face and people were recognizing me. On the positive side, customers in my cafe dramatically increased. Mark was receiving hate comments and such but most were still supporting him. He would visit us often to check on Lauren and, well of course, to spend time with us. Thank goodness no one asked for a DNA test or Mark and I will be doomed.

 

Today, as promised to the boys, Lauren and I went to watch them on Inkigayo. I can feel everyone's stares and murmurs but luckily no one dared to approach us. We shouted a cheer when the emcees announced GOT7's first win. The boys gave their thank you speeches. When Mark got a hold of the mic, the fans quieted.

"Uhm...thank you, guys, really. Our Ahgases are the best. I know there's still a hot issue regarding my family and I have hurt most of you. But despite that, you guys still supported me and the rest of GOT7 and made this win possible. Thank you and I'm sorry. On this very day of our first win, my family is actually here watching us right now."

People turned their heads to look for 'Mark's family'. I did my very best to hung my head low. I don't really mind Lauren getting the spotlight, not just me. I can see Mark squinting his eyes, also trying to look for us in the dark crowd.

"Daddy!!!" Lauren shouted and waved her good arm.

"There they are!" He said and stepped off the stage to walk to our spot. He carried Lauren in his arms and fans squealed.

"My dear Ahgases, this is my daughter, Lauren. Baby, they are Daddy's fans. They support me and your uncles."

"Annyeonghaseyo!" She bowed and the fans squealed once more.

"And this beautiful lady here is my girlfriend." He took me by surprise and pecked my lips which made the fans scream real loud. I hid behind him. "I hope you guys treat them as well as how you treat GOT7." He bowed.

 

At first, it was hard to deal with the fans but they got used to it soon and accepted the fact that Mark already has a family. I’m actually grateful that some fans help out in looking after Lauren when I’m busy at work. They’d play with her and even buy her some stuff. The issue died down but there are still some hate comments. If we’re not busy, Lauren and I will come and watch the boys’ performances. We even visit them often in JYP building. JYP was also fond of her and just like Mark, he spoils her a lot. Mark received an offer to do Superman Returns and we’re still talking about it if he’d take it because his schedule is still packed with GOT7’s events. They’ll be having a performance in LA soon and Mark will bring us with him for us to meet his family there. Who would’ve thought things will turn out this way? Not that I’m complaining, I’m actually very grateful of everything.  Maybe Mark was right; the fact that our paths crossed that night, it’s probably fate. We were destined for each other.