Human Alarm Clock

Human Alarm Clock

           

You were in the middle of an epic dream, using taekwondo against an unknown villain while your classmates stood by in amazement. Never mind the fact that you’ve never learned taekwondo and your flexibility matches to that of a middle-aged man, in your dream world you were so close to conquering the bad guy when your breath suddenly cut short.

Why was it so hard to breathe?

You gasp out loud, your vision blurring back into reality. You found yourself lying flat on your back, your head tilted towards a boy grinning sleepily at you. Eyelids still heavy, you blink away the darkness and squint up at your boyfriend’s face. You take notice of the weight of his hand resting on your shoulder before you groan, squeezing your eyes shut.

“You stuck your fingers up my nose again, didn’t you?” You asked in a cracked voice. His low chuckle answered your question, and you sigh. You relax the tension in your shoulders and turn to your side, facing away from the body next to you. “You could have killed me you know? Dongmin the girlfriend killer.”

“I’m sorry Y/N,” he replied with his throaty morning voice, “You were in deep sleep mode. I tried other ways to wake you up but they never worked.”

As wonderful as it was to hear your boyfriend’s voice, it was still too early for your brain to function. Your breathing slowed and you tried your best to go back to your dream, but it was useless now that you’ve already opened your eyes. Even if you did try to go back to sleep, there was Dongmin the Troll, rolling you over so you were once again on your back, poking your cheek repeatedly when you tried to ignore him.

“Yah, wake up. Your class starts in an hour and you know how your prof checks for attendance.” He lifted up a corner of the blanket so that the cool air drifted over you. You wince at the feeling of goosebumps and curl into your boyfriend’s body for warmth. You could hear him cooing down at your cuddling, as he pushed your hair back and gently your cheek. You snuggled in closer and finally settled to sleep in some more, only slightly aware of the hand that left your face.

You didn’t think much of it until he flicked your forehead. Flinching back in pain, you whine at Dongmin’s giggling. “You really do have to get up,” he says, resting his head on your pillow, “I’ll even make breakfast for you!”

It sounded appetizing, but what you really needed right now was warmth. Pulling up the top corners of the blanket to wrap around you, you pulled up your legs sideways and gently kicked at Dongmin’s stomach, successfully pushing him off the bed as he landed on the ground with a thud.

“Really Y/N?” He groaned but you didn’t care, you were wrapped tightly up in your blanket burrito and still had half an hour to sleep in until you really had to get up for class.

It was quiet for a few seconds until you felt his lips press against your forehead. You squinted your eyes open, only for him to peck you again on your nose. You smiled unconsciously as he kissed all over your face, until the blanket was ripped out of your grip and thrown to the end of the bed.

Your mind was screaming from the cold, though all you could do was gasp out your boyfriend’s name in annoyance. Forget about the villain you were fighting in your dream, Lee Dongmin is now your worst enemy.

The boy took the chance to pounce on you, stopping you from reaching out to grab the blanket and locking you in place with his arms and legs. Your eyes were definitely awake as you pouted up at him, and he grinned at your expression. Leaning down slowly, he pecked you on your lips. He leaned back in for a longer, proper kiss when you covered your mouth with your hand. He didn’t notice until his lips landed on your knuckles instead of your own lips. He pulled back, his eyebrows scrunched in confusion.

“I didn’t brush my teeth,” you mumble. You feel the sleepiness leave you as you blush from the awkwardness. Dongmin only grinned, crashing down next to you from where he was holding himself up, wrapping himself around your frame, kissing your cheek and snuggling his face into the crook of your neck. “And I doubt you did, either,” you continue, feeling the heat of embarrassment form on the back of your neck as Dongmin brushed his lips against your collarbone.

He sighed against your skin, your nose scrunching up because yes, you were right, he does have bad morning breath. Unwrapping himself off of you, he got up off the bed. You slowly sit up as well, your shoulders tense as you feel the cold air again. Dongmin didn’t think twice as he pulled his hoodie off from the back of the office chair and slipped it on over your head. Once you fit your arms in the sleeves, your boyfriend pulls you up from your spot, both of you making your way to the kitchen for breakfast.

Yup, just another morning being woken up by your boyfriend, the human alarm clock. And you wouldn’t have it any other way.