-

Dans Le Noir

Out of the ordinary, here came Yoongi, pulling me out of my monochrome cubicle that grounds me in the office, the colours being out of my boxy world and plunged in grayscale. Petite desktop computer, vulnerable notebooks showing what's under their skin, few scattered pens lay dead across my desk and the swivel chair can make my small world rotate for the slightest of seconds yet I’m back to my original placement facing a screen that kisses sentences of accuracy. Drawing me out of my late shift from the office to some doggy night out away my prison of documenting.

The moment I leave the office with him, transportation and humankind become a plague to Paris crawling upon the afternoon, moving in rhythm to the horizon of mango sputtering the airspace.

Our attires were a destructively opposite and repelling beside each other, Yoongi in casual navy shirt with skinny acid washed jeans and dark sienna leather shoes. Beige ruffled hair and rock salted eyes to compel his overall. Then there was me, had an admiration for onyx black that engulfed my wardrobe and walrus glasses to shape my almond sienna eyes as the golden rim sits upon my nose with such caution. Slim fit black peaked overcoat, following with outer flap pockets upon the vent, wore over my suit and jeans giving me the smart appealing look. Couple of glances here and there but something miraculous happened.

“Taehyung the waiters are, wait for it...they are blind.” Yoongi announced sheepishly as he nudged my left shoulder with a forced grin.

“Are you kidding me?” I blurt out with a stunned tone by his comment.

“I swear it's legit, blind as bats.” He bursts a giggle.

“And why are you taking me?” My voice slightly puzzled.

“Because I want to see how it goes for someone like you, the conservative and introverted raised ego you put yourself into, as a friend I want to see another side of you.” He unexpectedly declares with concerned orbs for me as his childhood friend since he saw me at the swing by my house years ago riding his bike in the neighbourhood.

“Yeah…” I breath a pause sharply, “That’s definitely not gonna happen.” I snicker as I run my fingers through my hair and bite my lip.

“Well too late here we are!” Yoongi lets out gleefully. Mixed bronze and copper metallic toned bricks sealed to form a corner street restaurant. The entrance is embraced with emerald coloured bushes with their postures at a curve towards each other, pallid lace fabric semi-shade curtains sat inside the clarity windows, dim amber lighting inside and the name of the restaurant in white in a black box with white outline printed; Dans Le Noir?

The restaurant is questioning its own name, we can relate on the same level. Myself questioning why I’m here anyway.

“In english that says ‘In the Dark?’ ” I let out stiffly, being slightly hesitant by my choice of words suiting it’s title.

“Yeah don’t you know french? Come on!” Yoongi shoves me into the restaurant without mercy and neglecting the gloomy vibe travelling inside. 

As we fully entered into the restaurant was making my heart gallop. Yoongi whispers with tranquility, “Be nice, they’re blind..they’re not gonna hurt you.” 

Before I realize it, a male from the front desk welcomes us in. “Very good to have you here gentlemen,” To be specific, this male wasn’t blind, “I hope you will enjoy your experience. Theo will show you to your table.” The male stated as a wrinkled fig walked out from the side desk with midnight shades, concealing his wiped out orbs however he comes our way. 

“To mind the stairs, can I have your right hand shoulder onto mine…” Theo demanded towards Yoongi being closer to him, following the gesture then so did I on Yoongi’s. “And be prepared, it’s completely dark.” He kindly cautioned.

The next thing I knew I was plunged in this black hole with other guests sitting in the pitch black. Theo
announced, “If you don't mind, I can sit you here beside these two young ladies.”

“No thank-”

“It’s fine thank you!” Yoongi cut me off from my decline and my placement in this darkness began my mental torture.

“You sound pretty energetic.” One of the lady's voice was slightly mocking but allured Yoongi anyway.

“Not just energetic but I’m pretty handsome too.” He boasted as he shuffled the hind legs of the seat back and sat himself down, myself following the gesture but sluggish out of nervousness. 

As I tried to sit down, I accidently brushed upon someone’s arm as I proceeded to sit. The contact released a gentle yelp of sudden touch which sounded like a blissful hummingbird to my ears.

“Hi.”

“Hi...” I answer in an instant to the beauty of her voice.

“I’m Y/n.” Without hesitation welcomed herself into my world.

“I’m Taehyung.” 

Forwarding through the blind light, I got to know her effortlessly. Y/n. Works in a cafe every Wednesday and delivers flowers from her mother’s florist shop in the Weekends on her bicycle with her white pomeranian named Koemi in the front basket nuzzled in the arms of the flowers. Lives in an apartment on a quiet road, star gazes every night from her balcony when needing hope or scatter her emotions to the stars to crawl on her sight and listen to everything she has to say. Recent memories she enveloped to me was that her dog rolled on rose and cerulean chalk on the pavement, came running back to her with patches of colour like clouds kissing Koemi’s fur. 

Following on with laughter, accidental brushing of arms and trying to clink our bittersweet wine, she kindly started to feed me some of the sweets. 

“I think this is Strawberry Mousse..” She announced warmly as I can hear her obtain the saucer holding its placement, making delicate thuds upon the table. “Do you want some?” She kindly offered which made me gulp heavily on my saliva.

“Uh.. I won’t mind.” I was able to let out, my articulation weakening slightly.

“Okay where’s your mouth?” 

“It’s.. It’s here.” I coordinated my grasp on her slim fingers clasping the metallic spoon, my lips met with cold frost. The icing melting upon my tongue like small glaciers, the scent infused into the dew laden air, the rich sweetness enveloping my tongue of the strawberry followed with this unexpected acidic punch of clean tasting tanginess. The sponginess flattening into a sheet as I swallowed. 

As she pulled the vacant spoon away, I was left with small crumbs lingering like petite flowers kissing my lips. 

“Was it nice?” Her hummingbird voice drifted me away from my astounding expression from the burst of flavour.

“It’s delicious…” I replied and she giggled by my stunned voice, “I think there’s lemon cream in it as well.”

“Really? I’ll try it…” I hear her cutting a segment of the cake with the used spoon, reaching the bottom with a echo of the saucer. “You feed me this time.” She blurted out as she tried finding my hand to hold the spoon and feed her.

Amusement crawled on my face by this give and take so I just went with the flow, now being enveloped in the dark and felt comfortable in my own skin. Grasping the spoon with a good grip, swiftly bringing the spoon with burst of wonders towards her but then I felt it hit somewhere else and missed my bull’s eye. 

“Some mousse is on my nose and my eye.” She yelps bashfully and didn’t take what happened in a negative approach.

“I’m so sorry.” My apology got the best of me, pouring it out to her in the midnight.

“No. Thank you. That’s a new turn for me. It’s fine.” She giggles yet again, feeling unanchored by the situation upon her. The mess I made on her face remained as she coordinated my hand towards her lips, equivalent gesture of eating the cake. 

Before she let out another word of gratitude, the ruffling of her clothes as she excused herself to wipe the icing off the tip of her nose and her right eye with a serviette. “What about your friend with you? What does she do?” I brought the courage to ask, peer pressure as well? 

“Her name is Nari. She’s a waitress but hookups with anyone.” 

“Yet she’s your friend?”

“Well, she’s my childhood friend. Always been there for me when she was innocent until now. Plus we need someone that challenges and takes risks, someone who you're comfortable with.”

“Ah I understand, when it comes to childhood friends.”

“The male with you?”

“Yeah, Yoongi. The type that has a thing for Nari by their conversation beside us.”

Proceeding about background checks of our friends, our voices dived into deep conversation yet again, taking on the blissful hours that was inevitable. 

But as the hours fell and people departed, the anxiousness got the best of me as she told me to wait outside for her. And here I was, standing next to Yoongi waiting for Y/n and Nari to come out through the curtain back door as we were standing in the sepia pavement alley way. 

“So Taehyung… how was the experience?” Yoongi queered as he tilted his head to make him look at me.

“Great. Scary…” I let out opposing words to my nightout, “What about you?” 

“Nari sounded stunning-” Yoongi’s tongue cut short as the curtain door was creaking open, a charcoal pump protruding first before a woman appears entirely which makes us become frozen. Caramel hair with lavender ends in a messy bun, loose sides falling over her flawless face. Her ego was her cosmetics upon her face along with her pale lips forming an alluring pearly smile. 

“Nari?” Yoongi let out in shock, scanning her up and down in her slim fit attire. She was wearing a round collar long sleeved fit dress made of glossy leather with sheer stockings and those signature charcoal pumps.

“Yoongi.” Nari answered instead, going towards him as her heels tapped across the old pavement. 

As she was coming his way he let out; “You look gorgeous.” However the compliment driven Nari else were.

“How about buy me a drink at my favourite bar further down the road? You have to get a cab though and I might give you my number.” She declared without acknowledging Yoongi’s opinion rather twisted and manipulated it. Y/n was right about her, trying to hit on Yoongi straight off the bat.

“I can ditch Tae, he’ll be fine-” Yoongi instantly agreed. Yoongi what the heck! Already casted under her spell.

“Yoongi-” I tried to interfere.

“See ya back at our apartment.” Yoongi calls out before wrapping his arm around her back but she flinches away from his contact and starts power walking down the corner and leaving me in isolation.

Taking in a heavy breath, tilting my head down slightly as I adjusted my glasses on the rim of my nose. High heels softly tap from inside and I my head up from the sudden sound entering my sensitive ears. my lips, wiping the dryness of the surface as the sound ascends and a shadow appears from inside.

Before I knew it, she gently comes out with surprised eyes equally the same gesture as mine as our orbs meet. My voice was bound and anchored by her beauty, the simplicity of her attire was prepossessing. Partial café au lait permed hair poured over her shoulder slightly shaping her heart shaped face, long oval pearl drop earrings attach the earlobes, rose coloured mid ball gown that fitted her flowery cheeks. Her silver sparkling platforms guided her way towards me, clutching her purse shyly.

“Hi.” I breathed when I greeted.

“Hi..” Her voice entering my world with her appearance before me, “Ah did Nari and Yoongi just..” Her voice getting carried away by the isolation.

“She took him to… They left me here.” I let out jumbled but she somewhat understood.

“Oh okay.” As she tilted her head down slightly, eyeing the ground by how awkward we became when we saw each other. I find her absolutely beautiful and I’m just afraid to say it so casually and I don’t usually rush to compliments, I tend to let them wait. However at the same time I can’t let her look to the ground, what can I say that will lift her head and look at me once more?

“This may sound very straightforward of me but I don’t think I’ll regret it but..” I announced as she slowly looks up with dazzling eyes, almost getting lost in them for a second, “..can I ask for your phone number?”

“Yes you can.” She glowed a small smile as I took out my phone, unlocking it to contacts section and gave it to her flat horizontal like a love letter, not with two hands but one capable hand towards her. Accepting the object kindly, “Well just in case if I want to ring you sometime, if you're fine with that too.” I added as she shown a smile yet again with a nod then was typing away her number and putting her name above the number before saving it, letting it be concealed in the hands of my device preserved in memory. 

Returning my phone as I dunked it back into my pocket and fixed my glasses on my nose for accuracy and comfort from the metallic grasp. 

“I don’t mean to look away from your eyes, I just can’t help that you're extremely beautiful.” I confessed as I smirked without second thought and she captured my action and took a step closer to me and giggled.

“Thank you Taehyung, you're not so bad yourself.” She answered as she nudged my shoulder softly and now was standing near me as I look down at her. “But..” She released out of the blue and took a step back yet her orbs laid on mine, “Do you really like me? In this simple dress?” 

“Simplicity is elegance. It suits you.”

“And my hair? It’s not too brown?” She her hair once.

“I love brown, cappuccino, even hazel.” I listed every brown that I admire.

“My ends are newly permed.” She continued as she looked the ends of her hair then back at me.

“Makes you look ravishing. Everything about you.” I striked a devilish smile, “And to answer your first question, I like you. I want to be like Koemi, be with you and get to know you more. But that’s only if you like me back.” I declared as I took her free hand, intertwining our fingers and proceeded to walk out of the alleyway.

She made me walk with her to her apartment near an old water fountain that had lost its polish and left viridian looking yet water flowed out effortless. And there was the florist she was talking about before, the sign was closed but she swinged her keys out and started unlocking the glass entrance, rattle of the keyhole before it clicked and opened for her. She turned to face me and twitched her lip, “I live upstairs if you're wondering…” She tilted her head up to show where she lives then leveled her head along with her orbs towards mine. “But thank you for taking me home.” Her gratitude rang in my ears being the sweet adored hummingbird.

“Your welcome, have a lovely night.” I dismiss in return before turning away but she grabbed the lining of my bicep on my attire and stopped my motion. 

“When will you ring me?” She blurts out with anticipation, she must really like me by the looks of it, can’t seem to let me go.

“Tomorrow. Around 11 if that’s alright.” I reply as I turn my body to face her again, dominating her figure.

“That’s fine.” 

I beam a grin and it follows with a reminder, “Tell Koemi that she has to share Y/n now because someone wants to be around her too.” I say childishly as a joke and she hits my arm playfully.

“Sure Taehyung.” She laughs as she’s holding on the door, this time turning away from her and walking away with my hands in my pockets.

My leather shoes patting the rough ground as I go further away from her sight, walking past the viridian water fountain and waiting for the red crossing to transition its colour to christmas’ best friend, emerald green. As the light flickered it’s passion, leading me home from this blissful night out.

Entering my dark loft I share with Yoongi, seeing him on the recliner snoring lowkey howls of the night as I sluggishly take off my shoes with my orbs still set on him so I don’t wake him up. Removing my shoes and leaving them near the door and walking quietly to my room next to Yoongi’s. It looked like he didn’t make it to his room and just collapsed to the dreaming the moment he entered the loft.

Going to my wardrobe to get a fresh pair of clothes to sleep in before I take a shower and try not to sing, drop the shampoo bottle or slip this late tonight so I built such cautions in my mindset. Entering the bathroom right near my room, into the shower as the steamed water shattered upon my bare body, rubbing circular motion with the shampoo as it left me with foamy spikes then rinsing and following through the twenty minutes. Then I hopped out of the shower to dry myself, wrapping the towel around my waist and proceeding to the sink to brush my teeth and gargle my mouthwash not loudly, making it sound like a quiet grumble in my mouth bubbling a minty aftertaste.

Putting my fresh pair of clothes on then getting into bed yet with my mind still awake. Because now that I come to think of it, when greatness come in pairs, it often leads to some of the most intriguing, engaging - indeed, unexpected - love. Here I am exploring the powerful dynamics that shined out of the darkness.

Because love is blind.