Good-bye

Friends for the Forsaken pt. 1 Seoul

    "Mom we are going to be late! please hurry!" i reach for my dance bag and sling it over my shoulder, scrambling to get my shoes on. I'm literally running around trying to make sure i don't forget anything. My mom trots down the stairs with a camera in hand. " found it! Hyejin lets go i got the camera!"

"we are on our way! make sure music is in cue and everyone is ready, i have our shirts!" 

I send a mass text to my friends who are at the concerthall getting ready for our dance competion, we are in the finals, after this....nationals

" did you text the crew?" mom glances down at my phone as she weaves threw traffic.

"yeah they are waiting for us because i have our shirts...thank you again mom, you didnt have to take the day off to cheer us on" my mom is seriously the sweatest human on this planet. She raised me all alone, everyone thought she was going to struggle with being a single mom but little do they know, i changed her life for the better. You see, my mom is now a major share holder and the VP of a hudge company, and on top of that she is still young and ever so gorgious.

" oh honey! of course i would ditch work and watch you dance! you know how much i love it when i get to see you smile on stage! i love you and i wouldnt miss it for the world!" she grabs my hand and gives me the most beauitful smile.

" your the best! " i give her a kiss on the check.

" i love you so much Hyejin."  i look at her and smile

" i lo-"

everything went black....everything was mufflied, i could hear people screaming but had no idea what they were saying. everything hurts. i open my eyes, i was smashed up against the door with my head out the window. sirens....alot of them. what happened? I lift my head off the door, but before i knew it someone was holding my head and putting something around my neck.

" miss! can you hear me? dont move ok? we are going to get you out! i need a steacher here now! she is alive" this man was yelling and so much was happening. i tried to talk but nothing came out. what did he mean i was still alive? why wouldnt i be? ok obvisously we were in a accident...we....MOM! i look over to the driver seat to see my mom...covered head to toe in blood, she was up against the stearing wheel.

" MOM!" i somehow found my voice, i tried to reach for her but many hands were on me lifting me out of the car.

" no! please you have to help her she is hurt! please save my mom she is all i have left!" i thrashed around and tried to wrench myself free from their hands but no avial. They had already strapped me onto the streacher.

" please my mom! please someone help her please!!" i look at her from the streacher and realize why no one was helping her.... her body was pale white and lips blue, i look closer to her chest, no movement. I watched as they put a yellow tarp over her to stear the lingering eyes away.

My mom left me...i never knew it would happen and here i am, locking eyes with her dead body. This enormous panic set it, my body shock violently on the streacher. Paremetics were holding me down, yelling orders to each other, i was looking right at them seeing everything that was happening but yet at the same time it wasnt processing in my mind. I was starting to feel alot calmer...and alot more tired than before. I felt completely exhausted.

" can you hear me? your going to feel alot more calmer than before, you had a seziure and we gave you some medicine to stop it" the parametic said as he shut the doors to the ambulance, i closed my eyes....and drifted into darkness.

Its been about a week since my life has changed, a week since i had surgery to fix my shattered knee, a week since the dance finals we didnt get to, a week since mom died. We had the funeral a few days ago and i was discharged from the hospital. I continued to stay at the house alone only staying downstairs since i cant get up stairs with the cruches. 

"hyejin my mom and dad are on there way to you! they wont allow you to be alone in the house any longer...just listen to them and come here ok? we are just worried" 

i read jackie's text about 3 times before my mind really processed it. Well....i dont want to leave so guess it time to .  I grabed my phone, computer, wallet, and charger and walked out of the backyard, down a small driveway and hit the sand of the ocean. i walked for about 3 hours before i felt comfortable to stop and take a break. i prop my leg up and read all the unread messages 

dude what the hell? where are you ?"

" seriously your freaking us out please calll me"

"Hyejin, if this is some sick attempt to get attention thats pretty pathetic! stop being a baby and come back.....please?

"Hyejin, this is laura...Jackie's mom. listen honey i know that your scared but trust us we wont let anyone take you please sweetie just text me where you are and we can go home...im really worried."

Home....thats funny. i switch off my phone and put it in my jean pocket....the wind teases my skin sending goosebumps down my whole body. Its 12am....its been 1 week and a day...8 days...192 hours.....11520 minutes since...

i sighed and looked out to sea...my life was admirable.....i had a mother who loved my unconditionally, and was respected by  many. Who would have known that rather sooner than later, she would leave me? The night was still, ive never notcied before, but at night, it almost seems as if the sea cries, mourning every life taken from it, every piece of trash thrown to it.... i let out a small cry of dispare as the wind carries my sorrows far, far away. All night i sit with the sea mourning the very special life we lost, taken from us, wrenched from our hands...leaving us.....lonley

 

 

Good-bye....Mom..