Shattered

Shattered

The plane ride was not long, but the distance it placed between he and I, made the ride seem like forever. So many times had I forgiven him, and yet he could never learn. It was my fault as much as his. I should have put my foot down harder the first time. Yesung had warned me to do so, but instead, I had let him run free. Now look at me, what made things worse, was that, I had fallen to his level with the very man, who had warned me to stay away from Heenim.

“Wookie, want some peanuts?” Yesung held out a handful of the salty treats which I decline. To think, just months ago, I was taking so much more from those small hands. And all because Heechul had left me alone to play with his own find.

/Flashback\

Heechul was late again. It was happening again, coming home late, smelling fresh from a shower. The signs of his cheating were loud, and again I was ignoring him, believing his lies. When Yesung arrived to help me write my music, I had considered it an escape, what eventually happened, was me falling to Heenim’s level.

“I warned you he was bad news.” Yesung stated as he eyed the music sheet before him. I shook my head and continued to play with my piano. I refused to think badly of my hyung.

“I know, I know.” I tell him, it’s a repeated saying between us now.  I hear Yesung move about as I continue to tap a random note on the keyboard. I didn’t know how much time had passed, possibly none, when Yesung’s small hand gently moved atop my own. Looking up at him, I jump as his lips touch mine.

The kiss lasted only a moment, but the feel never went away. My hyung smiled at me, his eyes calm and confident. I hated it, I hated how safe and sure I was of Yesung, how I knew he would do what he said. So much unlike Heechul.

“We can’t do this,” I whisper, already knowing the lie I was speaking. Even as I spoke the lie, Yesung and I were standing together, our lips locked together, our hands exploring the others body.

I wanted this, my body needed this. I held onto Yesung, the feel of him being here hiding the absence of Heenim being gone.

“I’m sorry,” I whisper as Yesung’s lips move down the side of my face to on my neck. I whimper as my fingers twist in Yesung’s shirt. His hands moved under my shirt, my heart racing. That was my first night with Yesung, and it became a daily need for me.  

With Heechul gone everyday, with who ever he had found, Yesung became my escape. Our affair lasted weeks, but my heart wouldn’t dare let it continue.

Heechul came home one day, the smell of a fresh shower lingering on his skin as we ate. I drank, something I rarely did. I remember the fight, remember the hatred in my voice and the sadness in his. We both had cheated, but in the end, we were no longer together. Now, as I fly high above the world below, my heart hurt for the petal who refused to settle down. I held my own pain, because Heechul had taken my heart, I had been his petal, and now, I was shattered.