Tall & Goofy

Mundane Romance

Once a year, my dad's company hosts a party for the employee's families. It was their way of saying "Oh, we care about your family, our kids, the leaders of our future!" I honestly didn't mind, the food was good and I'd run into a couple friends, then we'd ditch the function to talk somewhere in the venue. But one by one they'd get relocated. Now everyone's in a different foreign country, leaving me here, listening to a dozen old men talk about families and the company's future. I just hope they know they're putting their company's future to sleep right now. 

Yook Sungjae, first son of the company's CEO, was dozing off on stage. His nodded forward and every few seconds, he'd catch himself and sit straight only to doze off again. Honestly, I found it a little cute. I don't know Sungjae well, but he's a senior of mine at school. I've never had a conversation with him before, but everytime I see him, he's doing something goofy. It's hard to believe that he's the most probable candidate to running the company in a few years. 

I was surprised when he actually got up to start speaking to the crowd. Maybe it was because I was sitting down, but he looked so tal and powerful as he stood behind the podium. And, unlike the speakers before him, his speech was incredibly engaging. He made jokes and smiled, the audience responded with laughter and it felt as if the previously dead party came back to life. 

That was the first time I ever felt attracted to him. My eyes were glued to him. I stared at him as he walked back to his seat beside his mother and his sister and I started to look at his physical features. He was tall and lengthy like a sloth, his arms were stupidly long. His mouth was really thin and wide, so were his eyes. He always had a really dorky smile on his face. 

And as I stared into his eyes, I noticed him notice me and I quickly looked away. Oh gosh, I almost got caught being a creeper. But I guess he wasn't ugly despite looking so funky. He seemed really reliable in his tailor fitted suit too. Maybe it wouldn't be a bad gamble to get close to him...

--