Final

My favorite movie

"ON THE BEACH - DAY

Gyeonpo Beach. The characters will share their first kiss.

 

SCRIPT

 

Dong Ha holds Hyo Jin's hand.

And smiles.

 

DONG HA

Hyo Jin, I've fallen for you

 

HYO JIN

Oppa, it's impossible..

 

DONG HA

You're in love with me too, aren't you ?

 

He cups her cheek.

 

HYO JIN

There is something you don't know about me.

 

DONG HA

I love you, Hyo Jin.

 

Dong Ha leans closer and kisses Hyo Jin.''

 

          I read the screenplay again and again as the hairdresser tied my hair in a loose ponytail. We had been working on the movie for a long time, however, it was our first kiss scene. I had never tried it before. In fact, it was my first experience as an actor. I was from the modeling industry, not the entertainment one. Moreover, Kyung Soo was a very good actor. I was afraid of making a mistake. Also, I was afraid he would find out about my feelings.

          My eyes were fixed on the verb "kisses" when my manager put her hands on my shoulders.

 

"Be confident ____." she whispered. "The guy is handsome anyway."

"What if the scene looks bad ?"

"You just need to close your eyes. It will be fine."

"I'm nervous.." I revealed.

"Let him lead you."

 

          We were interrupted by the producers who called for the actors. I glanced at myself in the mirror, then, I walked to the beach where Dong Ha was already standing. Indeed, Dong Ha was going to kiss me, not Kyung Soo. I repeated the character's name in my head so as to forget about the real situation. This scene was about Dong Ha and Hyo Jin, about a sweet confession of love from the secret lover of an engaged woman. I lifted my head up while smiling when we were given the signal to start playing.

 

"Hyo Jin, I've fallen for you."

 

          Kyung Soo's hand was soft as he held mine. His smile was the most beautiful one I had ever seen. How could I forget that he was standing before me when his gaze was fixed on my face. It was difficult to concentrate on my work.

 

"Oppa, it's impossible.."

"You're in love with me too, aren't you ?"

 

          He cupped my cheek and I couldn't help but put my hand on top of his.

 

"There is something you don't know about me."

"I.. love you, Hyo Jin."

 

          He leaned down slowly. I closed my eyes and I could feel his face close to mine. Our lips were about to touch when one of the producers stood up.

 

"Let's try again. This is not what we want." he said. "____, you're not expecting his kiss, alright ?"

"That's right. The expression on your face isn't the right one." another director added.

"Sunbae, she's at the beginning of her career." our female, and nicest, producer argued. "She must be nervous because it's her first kiss scene. Be understanding, please."

 

          I felt Kyung Soo's stare and my nervousness increased.

 

"It's your first kiss scene ?" he murmured.

"Yes.." I breathed out.

"I've never done that too." he smiled. "Let's work well."

"We'll go again." the cameraman shouted. "3,2-"

"Close your eyes, it'll be a great kiss." Kyung Soo quickly said.

"Action !"

 

          He took my hand and intertwined our fingers.

 

"Hyo Jin, I've fallen for you."

"Oppa, it's impossible.."

"You're in love-"

"CUT !" the director shouted. "____, why are you grinning ? Let me remind you that you're engaged to another man and confused by your feelings. And Kyung Soo, you have to confess to your loved one. Be natural, please."

"Can we.. have a break ?" the latter asked.

"Alright.." the other producer agreed.

 

          We bowed to them and Kyung Soo grabbed my hand.

 

"Come with me."

 

          We walked silently for a moment, until we were far enough. Then, we sat down on the sand. He wouldn't let go of my hand.

 

"I never thought a kiss scene would be so complicated." I said.

"It isn't. You're the one who makes it difficult." 

"Me ?"

"Yes, you won't let me kiss you." he stuck his tongue out.

"Ah.. I.. I'm just-" I stuttered.

"You just need to practice."

"How ?"

"Well.. that.."

 

          He didn't finish his sentence and I stared at him, waiting for his idea.

 

"I love you ____."

"Uh ?"

 

          I was taken aback when his lips suddenly found mine. My eyes were wide open. I was frozen until he moved his lips against mine, I responded. My hand traveled to the crook of his neck as our kiss deepened. I could still feel butterflies in my stomach when he pulled away.

 

"See, it's simple." he stated.

"It. is."

 

          He cupped my cheek. I smiled as the nervousness I had felt earlier faded away. He leaned closer, and I closed my eyes when he pecked my lips again. I loved his taste, his sweetness, it was such a tender kiss. He brushed his lips against mine and asked for another peck. A giggle left my mouth as I cupped his cheeks. Then, I gave him a mind-blowing kiss.

 

"You'll be comfortable now, right ?" he whispered. "Let's go back."

 

          I nodded silently and Kyung Soo helped me up. We went to the producers in order to act again. Finally, we got the scene right. When he had leaned down, I had not been able to hide the confused feelings that I had. But it had been great, according to the director.

          I had been busy working on other scenes during the rest of the day, yet, the sweet kisses he had given me wouldn't leave my mind. I knew it had been for practice purposes only. However, the way he had told me about his feelings had been so natural, I wondered if he could actually be interested in me...

 

. . .

 

          Kyung Soo and I were left alone at the hotel when everyone decided to eat outside. I was quite sleepy after a long day of labor and I didn't feel like going out. Kyung Soo said he was tired too. We went to the restaurant of the hotel together. As soon as we had eaten our meals, he had walked me to my bedroom. I didn't want to let him go though.

 

"Do you want to get in ?" I asked.

"It's alright." he replied. "You're sleepy."

"Well, I'm not anymore. We've had a good meal."

"Shall I.. stay with you then ?"

"You could." I smiled.

"Thank you."

 

          He walked into the bedroom and I felt my heart racing as I closed the door.

 

"Make yourself comfortable."

"Ah.. really ?" he winked.

"Yes."

 

          Well, I wasn't expecting that. Kyung Soo took his shoes off and lay down under the blanket. My face reddened when he motioned at the empty spot beside him. Although I was unsure of what would happen next, I sat close to him. He rested his head on my thighs.

 

"We've had a long day." he said. "I'm glad I can rest for a while."

"It was tiring."

"At least, we have recorded the best scene of the movie."

"I wonder if it's the best.." I replied. "The one I like the most is the end, when Hyo Jin runs away from her wedding because she loves Dong Ha."

"So.. you're a runaway bride." he stated. "I should be careful !"

"Why ?"

"If I ask you to marry me, you'd probably run away." he laughed.

 

          My heart was pounding in my chest and I wondered if he could hear it. We had kissed each other several times, we were now alone in such a room, talking about marriage. Yet, it felt good. I ran my hand through his hair as I said.

 

"Propose to me and we'll see what happens."

"____, you're a wonderful woman." he whispered while sitting up. "You're beautiful, funny, cute, loveable, smart. You've got so many qualities. To be honest, you're out of my league." his hand cupped my cheek. "But I love you, so.. will you marry me ?"

 

          I pinched his cheek as if he was a child.

 

"Aigoo.. you're funny, aren't you ?"

"You've ruined my proposal." he pouted.

"It's not even serious."

"Well, only the proposal isn't serious."

"What do you mean ?" I was confused.

"You're really perfect."

"No one is perfect."

 

          He took my hand to lead it to his chest. I felt his heart beats as we stared at one another.

 

"____.."

"I love you." I cut him off. "I love you, Do Kyung Soo."

"I love you too ____."

 

          He leaned closer to give me a soft peck. But I wasn't satisfied. He laughed as I pinned him to the bed. I prevented him from making fun of me by kissing his lips. His hands made their way to my back. I his upper lip as he tickled my waist. We pulled away when we were both out of breath.

 

"You were so shy in front of the cameras." he caressed my cheek. "I never thought you were so straight-forward."

"I had fallen for you already."

"Oh.. so.. you thought I would discover your feelings ?"

"That's it." I nodded.

"Wow.. this movie is my favorite one." he laughed.

"Mine too."

 

          He kissed me again and I poured all my love in our tender touch.

 

"By the way, I'm sleeping here tonight." he stated.

"What ?" I gasped. "No, you have to go back to your room ! I mean.. we can't-"

"You better get used to it. We'll have to sleep together from now on." 

"W-why ?"

"Because I'm crazy about you." he whispered to my ear. "I'm in love with you, ____. Be my girlfriend please."

 

          I could only smile as an answer. Words weren't enough to express the love I had for him. He lay on the bed again and brought me to his arms. I rested my head on his chest and his arm was wrapped around my body. It felt good to be in his embrace.

          Thanks to one romantic movie, I had finally found my other half.