001

Sweet Things

Min Yoongi was never really the most...social person in the room. Talking to people, and making friends, especially in his schooling years...never really was Yoongi’s forte. The only way the blond fringed boy knew how to express himself without having a mental breakdown was by well, blogging. Food blogging to be specific. Yoongi’s food blog on tumblr was his number one priority. Yes Yoongi had the boring ol 9 to 5 at a local trainee hangout, but everyday he always looked forward to updating his blog in the mornings, afternoons, breaks, whenever he had a given chance. Oh, and seeing people’s positive feedback and piling followers of which added up to thousands overtime? Hard for anything else to bring a smile to his face. On Yoongi’s blog, his posts typically consisted of cafe recommendations, and restaurant reviews. Along with the occasional food appreciation posts, movie-snack-must-haves, and favored food of the month announces. But to Yoongi’s opinion, the absolute best thing Yoongi utterly adored about his food blog? The people. It was like he was actually in their presence. He didn’t have to go through the aching pressure of meeting someone in person, when he could just click send easily with his wireless desktop mouse. Yes, he made sure not to give crucial information to pedofiles or whatever, but sharing a nice and meaningful, full of s and giggles late-night conversation about anything and everything with someone whom you shared similar interests with, was what caused the bags under Yoongi’s eyes to darken from hours among hours of missed sleep; staying up the extra few hours was so worth it though, seeing how his blog had progressed so well over the countless months he’d had the account after seeing his first food blog on tumblr by his blogging senpai.

 

It was 3am, when Yoongi realized he was never going to fall asleep anytime soon, he’d had a long working day; sweeping floors and taking orders at the cafe. Cramped up in his single apartment, Yoongi sat up in on his twin sized bed, then to slide his laptop from under his memory foam pillow and log into his macbook before clicking onto the quick link to tumblr on the internet.

25 new followers!

Yoongi cheered to himself. Yoongi went to his drafts and edited the post he composed that morning about the new Mexican Cafe he reviewed that had opened recently in Pohang. Not much of a positive review, saying that the meal wasn’t much of a pleasurable experience, but Yoongi hadn’t been posting anything like that in awhile, so hell with it. Yoongi tapped his thumb on the mousepad the post icon, waiting for the post to load on his well organized and gray-scaled layouted page. Once it loaded, the notes rolled in by the hundreds, endless comments thanking Yoongi like he was a god of some-sort. He beamed above the single light source of his computer screen, soon checking out a few posts he’d been tagged in by his friends, and discovering new music blogs that were recommended to him.

 

  1. Does this message look suspicious? Mark as spam?

 

A new message, one he hadn’t really expected.

 

He clicked the message board, displaying an unfamiliar url with a new chat.

 

“Hey, what’s up?”

 

Not much worth of a freak-out moment, yet Yoongi was still a bit hesitant to respond at first. “Hai, I’m fine.” He messaged back, holding his breath. “Love your blog!” The response was almost immediate. Yoongi admired it, allowing himself to calm down as it was just someone to compliment, no harm in that. “Thnx!” Yoongi smiled at the praiser, clicking on the url to the person’s blog

 

@busanbabe13

 

The name caused Yoongi to hold in a light chuckle. The url: outright adorable in Yoongi’s eyes. Once the blog loaded, Yoongi was pleased to see that this busanbabe13 was a food blogger too. Not much of an organized one, but the blog seemed dear. Yoongi clicked onto the blog's ‘about me’ page, then to be interrupted by 3 new messages from the chat box before being able to read the link.

 

“How is it that you’re so organized, omg?!”

“Do you travel a lot? I wish I could do that for my blog...”

“Where are you from?”

 

Yoongi was delighted by the lighthearted user, swiftly answering the character’s questions as he’d looked more into the posts of @busanbabe13 on another tab.

 

“Youtube videos, haha”

“Yeah, when I’m off work, of course...ugh work”

“Daegu; guessing you’re from...Busan? Lol”

 

Another great conversation Yoongi felt growing. It was already 5 am, but Saturday, so Yoongi didn’t have to worry about work, thank god. He’d have 2 whole days to blog and travel a bit with his small weekly earnings, and even hopefully chat more with the new friend busanbabe13. As the hours past, Yoongi, or @yoondelights93 and @busanbabe13 talked, and talked, and chatted, and laughed together. It was unbelievable how much they had in common, loving the same foods, snacks, games, books, movies, music...you named it. The life-story was a bit different with @busanbabe13 though, he’d explain to Yoongi how he had many friends, and how he loved dance and singing and always went to parties, something a bit foreign to Yoongi, him having very restrictive parents as a younger. But, Yoongi liked basketball? Something he did in his high schooling days, oh but dancing and parties were all something Yoongi had never tried, nor ever had the interest in participating in.

 

“No one can become Jay Black over night, Yoongi! You should come over to the studio sometimes and I could always show you some moves!”

 

“No, I could never 8(”

 

“Yeah you can, and we can go to a party at my friend Namjoon's house too, if you’d never been to one. You're like 20-something and you’ve never been to a party?”

 

“Not much of a social person, sorry =<”

 

“You like talking to me though, right?”

 

“Maybe 8)”

 

“Jerk XD”

 

Yoongi was a bit alarmed to soon see the sun rise from over the horizon, natural light passing through Yoongi’s draped thick cotton curtains. Had he really been talking that long?

 

“Hey, I’m gonna try getting a few hours of sleep before going to the studio later, so byy Yoongs, hope to talk later?”

 

“Of course, ‘busanbabe13’”

 

“Oh yeah, call me Jimin”

 

“Ok, Jimin^^”

 

Throughout the day, Yoongi couldn’t stop thinking about Jimin. While trying to get train tickets to Hamyang the cheapest way possible, Yoongi would constantly go back to his open tab of tumblr, making sure he hadn’t missed one single message from him. While he was eating his spicy ramen? Thinking of him. While he chatted with his other tumblr friends? Of course, Jimin could be brought up somehow. Yoongi was just so surprised about how easily he had clicked with Jimin. Jimin was just so open and just downright charming; imagining how Jimin would look, be in person? Imagining him being 25434567 times better than he was online? Yoongi saw the chance of them meeting in real life, living just 1 ½ hours away by eachother by train. How amazing it would be to talk to Jimin face to face, and get to go to a party with him sometime. Though the thought of partying never really gripped Yoongi, if Jimin was there, he knew he was going to have a good time. Maybe even try drinking. The possibilites were virtually endless.

 

Yoongi was going insane.

 

Then it happened...

 

The tumblr lords must have read Yoongi’s sick mind.

 

New message

 

It was Jimin.

 

“Got a few minutes before gotta go, wyd?”

 

Yoongi grinned as he shared his idea with Jimin, about seeing each other in real person, maybe even at one of Yoongi’s favorite cafes in Yangsan of which he visited a few monthes ago; the place having wholly perfect egg tarts and specialty americanos. Some of Yoongi’s favorted things; and Jimin’s too.

 

...“A date?”

 

“Sounds like a plan! How about this Sunday afternoon? If you don’t have to work or anything oc”

 

A twisting feeling of excited grew within Yoongi! Yoongi had this weekend off! The sole thought of going to Hamyang was history now, Yoongi quickly rerouted his plans on his laptop; Yangsan, here he comes.

 

Jimin, here he comes.