Intensity

Intensity

            You bit your lip at the fierce intensity Minhyuk danced with. You sat at the corner of the practice room, away from the angle of the camera. Aware that you were ogling at the sight of him, you tried to keep your eyes to the other members, too. The attempt failed. His face was so focused it stirred your insides, both good and bad. Jooheon’s girlfriend sat right to the left of you, as to your right was the mirror. She was chatting with Wonho’s “friend”as they both claimed. Both the rest of the members and the girls never believed it since the day she knocked the practice room door to deliver Wonho’s lunch with a scowl. Changkyun’s “friend” was not here either; she had to help out her classmate with a project. He’d been crabby ever since. You couldn’t decide if it was unfortunate or fortunate that only 2 members had official girlfriends. Well, they all had some crushes respectively, but the fact that only Jooheon had the guts to ask someone out was actually saddening. Minhyuk, on the other hand, let you figure out he liked you and waited until you had the guts to ask him outright. Hot, stupid bastard.

            “Right, Myungri?” She turned toward you, a big smile on her face. Wonho’s “friend” leaned down a little to look at you, an expectant look on her face. You snapped out of your thoughts.

            “What?”

            She groaned. “Too busy staring at your boyfriend?”

            “No! I mean, not that I know of!” Hastily trying to defend yourself, your sentences made absolutely no sense. Both girls giggled before going back to their topic of choice. Once again, your eyes trailed to Minhyuk’s white hair, his face as the chorus for All In came up. His leg kicked out from underneath him, and the other members soon followed. It amazed you how much grace he has in that action, contrasting to how he usually acted around the members and you. The only time he had this much intensity outside of practice was around 3 months ago.

 

 

 

            “You know I’m right, Wonho.”

            Wonho shook his head. Kihyun sighed beside him, tired of our debate. “To hell. If anything, I’m the logical one here, Myungri.”

            Jooheon’s right arm was slung around his girlfriend’s shoulders, and the maknae was busy texting… who was it, exactly? You didn’t remember. Something involving a mystery girl. Minhyuk hung around the back part of the group side to side with Hyungwon, both laughing around something stupid Shownu said. “Are you sure about that? I’m sure you’ve got your head so far up your you couldn’t think.”

            Kihyun let out a snort, causing Wonho to glare at him. “At least I don’t keep my head too close the ground I grovel at my opponent’s feet.”

            “That’s a good one.”

            “I know.” Before anything else could be said, your phone vibrated in your pocket. Fishing it out and pressing it up to your ear, Kihyun and Wonho gave an understanding look and catched up with Changkyun to . You almost snorted at the irony. All the members knew Wonho himself had a mystery girl, too. They just have yet to meet her.

            Your co-worker’s voice came to greet you at the other end of the line. “Myungri! I kinda need your help on this report.”

            “What is it now, Akira?” You chuckled at her sorrowful voice. “Is Boss still mad at you?”

            “I may have tipped her off a little bit.” She replied hesitantly. “It still wasn’t my fault Yoori had to spill her coffee on my printer and scream about it.”

            As you guided her around the report’s guidelines, you didn’t notice your pace slowing down, or the gradually growing distance between you and your friend group until a voice snapped your focus away from Akira’s phone call.

            “Hello, beauty. What’re you doing alone?”

            Doing a double take, you whirled around to meet the stranger. He was not drunk, but rugged-looking. Probably looking for some fun for the night. His body not small, but not too fit either. Just great. “Excuse me?”

            “Do you need some company?” He grinned, showing off his yellowing teeth and scraggly, unkempt beard. Gross. You muttered a small goodbye to Akira, who seemed to still think you were still on the line with her. “I can offer you that, of course.”

            “No, thank you. I’m fine.” You shoved your phone in your pocket and put your hands behind your back to resist the urge of punching him. “I have a boyfriend.”

            The comment seemed to fly past his head. “Don’t worry, I’ll pay you finely. We’re going to have some great fun, of course.”

            The stranger took a step closer. In a blur, your sight was covered by blond hair. Minhyuk?

            “Didn’t you hear her say no?” He growled. Even with his back to you, the tone of his voice sent shivers down your spine. He was dead serious. Your insides tingled. You resisted the urge to smile.

             “Oh?” The stranger let out a small grin, and not the happy kind either. Amusement and a slight psychopathic look adorned him. Minhyuk reeled back and punched him on the side of his face. The man flew a few steps, landing roughly on his right side and cradling his cheek. All that idol training was not wasted on him. You cried out, grabbing the sleeve of Minhyuk’s shirt. Minhyuk just punched a man. Minhyuk just punched a man. Was it a good thing or a bad thing?

             The blond finally looked toward you, his eyes a shade bit darker. His breathing was labored, and his lips pursed.  “Let’s go. Please.” You all but begged.

             He suddenly pulled you toward him, his hands snaking around your back. You had met hard chest, and then you realized that he was hugging you. Minhyuk kissed your hair, your forehead, until he pulled back to cradle your face in his hands. “Are you alright?”

             You breathed out a yes. He pulled back your hair from your face, once again pulling you for a hug, albeit softer. “Thank God.”

 

 

 

 

             “I could have handled him, you know.” You told him later in the day, after both of you had catched up with the group and excused yourselves.

             “I knew you could.“ Minhyuk sent a grin, all traces of the fierce intensity he had on earlier gone. “I just wanted to be a hero like in the fanfics, though.”

             “Is that a reference to your own song, Minhyuk? And on top of that, you read fanfics about yourself?”

             “Maybe.”

             “Sometimes I wonder why I even put up with you.”

             “Because you love me, Myungri~” Minhyuk tackled you onto the sofa, nuzzling his nose to your neck. You laughed under him. You did love him, and that was that.

 

 

 

             “Well, aren’t you going to offer me that towel and water bottle like a good girlfriend?”

             You jumped slightly, startled. Minhyuk was panting, sweat pouring down his face. He pointed to the towel and water bottle in your hands. You handed him the items he “politely” asked for. “Oh, sorry.”

             He plopped down in front of you, wiping his face with the stark white towel that seemed to match his hair color. Taking a gulp out of the bottle of water, Minhyuk had not failed to notice how you stared at him when he was dancing. “What? Too hot to handle?”

            “No!”

            “You seem to like staring at me when I dance. I may not be as good as Shownu hyung, but I could show you the same attitude in bed tonight.” He leaned closer, causing you to lean back just a tad bit. “Hmm, Myungri?”

            “Oh, off, Minhyuk.” You cried out, shoving his hard chest. Hyungwon let out a laugh behind him.