Completion

Snow Shenanigans

There was something about winter that Ten really enjoys.  He particularly likes snow. There is something calming and beautiful, almost magical about it.

Never would he ever assume that his companion of times to share his sentiments. Never had Taeyong made any implications that he had any specific feelings towards any season. If anything Ten would assume he preferred summer. It’s warmer after all and Tae struck him as a person who would prefer warm weather.

It had been right after winter when he met the older boy. It’s crazy to think it has almost been a year since he met him.

Taeyong had seemed to take fall pretty well. He never particularly voiced any opinions about the weather or season.

But the cold weather always seemed like it would an obvious put off for some reason to Ten.

So when he shows up at Taeyong’s giant house and finds the door unlocked so he lets himself in. It’s not like it is anything out of character anyways. He usually just let’s himself in anyways. Tae cares and will give him an unimpressed look but Ten doesn’t care.

After calling for the other male and combing through the houses odd lay out looking for him he finds the boy nowhere. Giving up he starts to head back to the front of the house to leave when he catches movement out of the corner of his eye. Stopping he looks out the window and is surprised to see Taeyong outside the house brushing snow off a bench in the yard.

Ten practically runs out of the house to see what the boy is doing. Fat clumps of snow had begun falling again about ten minutes ago and had yet to let up.

Taeyong’s house is old and a little decrepit. But covered in snow like it is gives it a certain charm. The old dark and baronial house fits the older. At least to Ten, he likes it. The yard is covered in a thick blanket of snow and if he thought the snow looked magical before then Tae’s yard gives the word a whole new meaning. The boy suddenly feels like he had walked into a new world.

The snow clings to the trees and bushes making them bright and glisten. The thick snow fall flurries with the chilled wind as he walks over to the male now sitting on a half snow covered bench. The older’s eyes simply watches him as he approaches. Something about the snow whipping around him and the way his tan skin contrasts so obviously against the white back ground makes him look so alluring.

The older blonde is in dark black jeans, a green shirt, a worn black leather jacket zipped up half way, a grey and black scarf wrapped loosely around his neck and a black knitted hat pulled low over his ears. He looks like his usually broody self.

“Did you just come out of my back door?” he asks, and Ten can’t help the little cheeky smirk that sprouts across his face. “Yea. I was looking for you. What are you doing out here?” he asks and the latter just shrugs.

“Came out to enjoy the scenery.” He answers. The Thai boy smothers the snort before it can come out and just offers the male a smile instead. The blonde gives him a hard look that he ignores and goes to clear off the other half of the bench.

The cold never bothered Ten anyways, but it still surprises him Taeyong doesn’t seem to mind. He’s just really surprised the older can stand to be out here.

Once the other half is cleaned off he sits beside his companion. They sit there for a while just watching the snow flurry around and blanket the yard. To anyone else it might seem awkward but Tem is completely content and Taeyong hasn’t moved an inch since he sat down.

“I didn’t figure you for a cold weather person.” The Thai finally says after a minute, feeling more relaxed than he has in a long time. The snow, the silence, the company. It’s all kind of perfect in a way.

“I’m not.” Is his answer and Ten just turns to look at him, brow raised in question. “So why are you out brooding in the snow?” He pushes, not able to hide his slightly judging grin.

Taeyong finally turns to him then and gives him a pointed narrow eyed look. “I like the snow.” He admits defiantly and his answer makes Ten’s grin grow. “Oh.’ He chuckles and settles back how he had been previously, cheesing as the snow flitters around them. Even the two of them have started to look like the rest of the yard. A thin sheet of snow now covers their laps and shoulders.

Pulling his hands out of his pockets he begins to draw little symbols in the snow on his leg. Suddenly an idea hits him. Biting his bottom lip he suppress the devilish grin that tugs at his lips. Bending down he scoops up some snow into his hand. Glancing up he notices Taeyong is still looking forward, not paying any attention to him.

Sitting back up he flings the snow at the older. It smacks against the side of the boy’s face and Ten can’t contain the barking laugh that erupts. The look on the older blonde’s face as he turns to glower at the younger sends a shiver down Ten’s spine. 

 

Laughing awkwardly Ten raises his hands in surrender, intending to apologize but before he can his face is pelted with icy slush. Groaning he whips it away and once his eyes are clear again he looks up to see Taeyong has moved. Looking around he finds the older has moved about a foot away and is bouncing a snow ball in his hand.

The murderish look on the boy’s face is betrayed by the mischievous glint in his eyes. The look basically dares Ten to engage him in a snowball battle.

He doesn’t need much more than that. Jumping up he keeps his eyes on the blonde as he scoops some snow of his own. “Oh it’s on!’ he calls and he can barely make out the way the older’s eyes roll. ‘You started this remember?” and then his snowball is flying.

It hits Ten square in the shoulder. Yelling in protest he sends his own ball of ice flying through the air.

The both of them lose track of time and eventually the snow ball fight turns more into snow wrestling. The two just throwing hands full of snow at the other, not bothering to pack them into balls and attempting to throw the other to the ground.

It only ends when Ten is trying to get the upper hand on Taeyong and send him to the ground and slips, bringing the blonde with him. They hit the snow hard and end up chuckling briefly before just lying there, catching their breaths.

The peace that comes over them again surprises Ten. For a few minutes they lay there next to each other, one of the Thai’s legs sprawled out over Taeyong’s from how they fell as they pant. Ten can’t recall if he had ever laid in the snow like this and just watched the snow fall on him before. He makes a mental note to do it more often.

He wonders though, if it would be the same without Taeyong with him though. Would he enjoy it as much? Would it be as peaceful? As beautiful?

Ten isn’t sure.

There is movement beside him and he watches out of the corner of his eyes as the older stands up and attempts to brush some of the snow off. His lips look a bit blue and Ten remembers that he had admitted to not liking cold much. He must be half frozen.

“You are starting to look blue like me.” He chuckles and the blonde sends his signature pointed look again before bending slightly and offering his hand.

“Yea well its freezing.” He grumbles and Ten is struck by his handsomeness. He sees Taeyong all the time, with all kinds of facial expression and in a variety of outfits. But the sight before him is new. The flush to his windburnt cheeks, the mischievous glint still lingering in his eyes, the tiny hint of a pleased look and the snow sticking to his clothes. He likes this look on Tae.

He’s sure he is grinning like an idiot when he finally takes the blonde’s hand and allows himself to be helped to his feet. The small action is adorable in itself since the older hardly ever does anything helpful like that. Before he has time to access his thoughts his mouth is opening.

“How about we go inside and warm each other up then?” it comes out far more suggestive than he intends. The blonde’s reaction is worth it. First his brows push up in surprise, followed by his lips turning into a smirk before finally chuckling and nodding his head.

“Remember, you started this.” He points out as he turns and heads back inside.

The grin that stretches over Ten’s face almost hurts as he jogs after the male.